RMweb

A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Gold
12 hours ago, Ian Hargrave said:

And what I like about 7819 is the richly vivid rendering of GW chrome green.

I know it's subjective and there's much debate about GWR Locomotive green but, to my eye, Accurascale's rendition is too saturated (too colourful).

Just stating my opinion, not looking to start any arguments. 🙂

Edited by Harlequin
  • Agree 3
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold
21 minutes ago, 2ManySpams said:

Asking for a friend obviously.... Does anyone have a copy of Pannier Papers pt6? If so does it contain a shot of any of the 1366 class clearly showing the rear underneath and the brake cylinder etc?

019697_1.jpg.c3a6fcc362cb38b1406e00702382c96e.jpg

Mmmmm......so, the President of The Peoples Front Against Panniers  seeks information on Panniers.................on behalf of a so called 'friend'....      

• Agree 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 9

• RMweb Premium
15 minutes ago, NHY 581 said:

Mmmmm......so, the President of The Peoples Front Against Panniers  seeks information on Panniers.................on behalf of a so called 'friend'....      

You've no idea how much it pains me... 🤣

• Funny 3
  • Friendly/supportive 5

• RMweb Gold
21 minutes ago, NHY 581 said:

Citizen Tooth doesn't have a ring to it and wouldn't make a great '70s comedy.

• Round of applause 3
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Gold
50 minutes ago, 2ManySpams said:

Asking for a friend obviously.... Does anyone have a copy of Pannier Papers pt6? If so does it contain a shot of any of the 1366 class clearly showing the rear underneath and the brake cylinder etc?

019697_1.jpg.c3a6fcc362cb38b1406e00702382c96e.jpg

Mostly 3/4 , front and side on views but there is one of 1369 after a visit to Stafford Works resting in Stourbridge shed.

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium

Enough of this joshing. I makes me dizzy.

Please own up if you have a Dapol 43XX and if so, do you have one that might need a GWR Smokebox Door (no Number-plate block) OR you have one with the NP Block and a top Lamp Iron that you might want to swap?

I have a GWR version (sound fitted and from an Auction for £60), that I've just 'upgraded' (and I say that with no malice) to a BRWR one, by adding Steam Pipes and altering the Cab Side Blue Spot position, as well as renumbering it to an Exeter St David's Engine. BUT the Spare Smokebox Door, wot I got from Dapol Spares, hasn't got the top Lamp Iron fitted! Before I attempt to fettle one from a weeny bit of Brass Strip and fail miserably, I'd like to see if I can con an actual one in a Horse Trade.

I've also got the Collett Buffers as spares too if anyone would swap those for an Iron?

Many thanks.

A. Neddy.

Edited by Mallard60022
  • Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
33 minutes ago, Mallard60022 said:

BUT the Spare Smokebox Door, wot I got from Dapol Spares, hasn't got the top Lamp Iron fitted! Before I attempt to fettle one from a weeny bit of Brass Strip and fail miserably, I'd like to see if I can con an actual one in a Horse Trade.

Hello Phil

For lamp irons, I use Peco track pins. I drill a hole into the loco; apply a small dab of superglue to the pin end; push it through the hole to decent depth with a pair of track cutters for good grip; when glue is firmly dry, snip off both ends to correct size.

Not totally 'prototype' - but it works.

Brian

• Like 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1