Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

BUT, The pictures above only show the Pannier's single side and only running bunker first :- is it still as pacific** if turned round ? ( ** No! I don't mean does it acquire a further six wheels !)

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

A young gwrrob cycles to his local model shop.Internet shopping has killed that malarkey. :jester:

Edited by gwrrob
  • Like 6

A young gwrrob cycles to his local model shop.Internet shopping has killed that malarkey. :jester:

Yes definitely impossible to recreate today because, even you managed to cycle to the shop without being "car doored" en route, the model shop has changed a bit:

post-9751-0-31048600-1494764142.jpg

Edited by cary hill

Robin's updated remake of "Brief Encounter ".This time relocated to South Devon and starring Geoge Clooney and Angelina Jolie.

:offtopic:

That could be an explosive encounter as Clooney's wife Amal and Angela Jolie are apparently already engaged in a cat fight over who is the world's most "glam" humanitarian.............zzzzzzzzzzzzz

• RMweb Gold

If these are popular I'm happy to take requests.5011 Tintagel Castle on the down Manchester- Penzance.

4870 on an up empty coal wagon train.

Edited by gwrrob
  • Like 11

• RMweb Gold

I have been admiring your brown vehicles lately but Thomas won't be missed!

That's funny he's just left Cashmores. Just the silver paper remains.

Edited by Limpley Stoker

What is worrying about this is that I can remember this being shown on the telly for the first time.......!!!!!!

Edited by KNP

If these are popular I'm happy to take requests.5011 Tintagel Castle on the down Manchester- Penzance.

I find these difficult to do as if you are static then the train goes by and appears in a bit of a blur.

but if you try and follow/pan the loco the sequence it ends up with the shakes.

When I did mine of the 48xx I ended up holding my breath to try and keep the camera steady hence the short video!!!

A few thoughts

Can your tripod swivel without sticking/jumping so you could use that to pan?

Have you tried moving the camera further away to give a deeper, wider view?

Slow the loco's down to a crawl so the eye can focus better.

The idea is great and look forward to seeing more.

• RMweb Gold

I like these, makes one feel that bit closer to the action. The top one is excellent value for money, as if you wait by the lineside long enough near Brent, and identical train follows the first one, a relief service, perhaps? It did seem to be slowing a bit, perhaps it had caught the first one up and found that the Up Distant for Rattery was 'on'.

Edited by Captain Kernow
  • Like 1