Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Pencarrow: nothing to see, move along please.

2ManySpams

• RMweb Premium

Other than some sanding down of the boards and tidying up the garage there's been no other progress today. After nearly cutting up the wrong length of timber twice, I decided that today was not one to play with power tools and the weird geometry of the third board.

On the plus side I've been able to look at the instructions and frets of the 7mm loco kit I got for my birthday. It has six wheels... any guesses what it could be? (Robin is not permitted to enter as he has inside information!) 

• RMweb Gold

On the plus side I've been able to look at the instructions and frets of the 7mm loco kit I got for my birthday. It has six wheels... any guesses what it could be? (Robin is not permitted to enter as he has inside information!) 

I've still got that excellent publication on the class if you want to make use of it. ;)

• RMweb Premium

Other than some sanding down of the boards and tidying up the garage there's been no other progress today. After nearly cutting up the wrong length of timber twice, I decided that today was not one to play with power tools and the weird geometry of the third board.

Not a pannier tank of the 1366 class perchance.

• RMweb Premium

The kit is from Agenoria and contains lots of shiny bits, some not so shiny bits, wheels, motor and gearbox. It was ordered at the Stafford show and picked up at Kettering before being confiscated by Mrs Spams.  

It's not going to be started until:

~ The boards for Pencarrow are done

~ I've finished off the Signal Box for Damian's layout

~ I've got Treneglos and its stock ready for the Barnstaple show

~ I've practiced on a few more brass wagon kits...

In order to put off the build further I may add a few more items to this list! 

• Like 6

• RMweb Premium

It's good to see you're being converted to to real motive power.

Mmmm, I blame Robin. I was looking for a Beattie Well Tank to be the first loco but understood that a 2-4-0 was not the best place to start on building chassis. Also, having looked at the options, it was a Laurie Griffin kit I wanted but although Laurie has the body frets available he's not redone the chassis yet. Apparently there was an error in the wheelbase of the original chassis. Having talked to Laurie it sounds like the chassis redesign work is towards the bottom of a long list... So no BWT just yet. 

• RMweb Gold

Don't blame me but Mike Stationmaster and I both agreed it looks a great model on inspecting the one on show at Stafford.I'm sure you'll make a damn good effort at building it.You did more than ok on that WEP wagon kit.It will come in handy when you build Weymouth Docks as your next layout. :jester:

• RMweb Premium

Don't blame me but Mike Stationmaster and I both agreed it looks a great model on inspecting the one on show at Stafford.I'm sure you'll make a damn good effort at building it.You did more than ok on that WEP wagon kit.It will come in handy when you build Weymouth Docks as your next layout. :jester:

I'm still blaming you. Weymouth docks in 7mm! That would have to wait until the kids are old enough to leave home and I can knock through their bedrooms. 

Regardless of your attempts to brainwash me, the project that follows Pencarrow will be 4mm and Southern and NCR based. 

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I had heard that you will be building the 1366 from a conversation with PD&SWJR (aka Paul) in Taunton today.

I also gather that he may be partly to blame for the 7mm route .....

Anyway, judging by your progress with the etch wagons I saw at Stafford, the loco kit should be ok ....

Looking forward to progress.

p.s. mentioned to Paul that you will be bringing Treneglos down to us - he came over all funny .....

• RMweb Premium

I had heard that you will be building the 1366 from a conversation with PD&SWJR (aka Paul) in Taunton today.

I also gather that he may be partly to blame for the 7mm route .....

Anyway, judging by your progress with the etch wagons I saw at Stafford, the loco kit should be ok ....

Looking forward to progress.

p.s. mentioned to Paul that you will be bringing Treneglos down to us - he came over all funny .....

Yes, Paul has a lot to answer for ;-p

Looking forward to dusting TG off and returning to the SW. 

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

The kit is from Agenoria and contains lots of shiny bits, some not so shiny bits, wheels, motor and gearbox. It was ordered at the Stafford show and picked up at Kettering before being confiscated by Mrs Spams.  

It's not going to be started until:

~ The boards for Pencarrow are done

~ I've finished off the Signal Box for Damian's layout

~ I've got Treneglos and its stock ready for the Barnstaple show

~ I've practiced on a few more brass wagon kits...

In order to put off the build further I may add a few more items to this list!

Some people just have no sense of adventure.

Having seen a 4mm agenoria kit go from a box of bits to a nicely running loco, they go together very well.

• RMweb Premium

I'm getting slightly concerned that there are dark (GWR) forces at play.

Whilst I was away one of the Stafford BCB crew, Nigel, acquired some 7mm locos from that well known auction website.

He's very kindly offered me one of the three on loan whilst I sort out my own motive power.

post-6675-0-15849700-1398628364.jpg

This will be very useful during the trackwork / wiring phase. Thousand thanks Nige. 

(And don't worry, I'll have no problem returning it!)

• Like 8

• RMweb Gold

I'm getting slightly concerned that there are dark (GWR) forces at play.

Whilst I was away one of the Stafford BCB crew, Nigel, acquired some 7mm locos from that well known auction website.

He's very kindly offered me one of the three on loan whilst I sort out my own motive power.

That would be great pulling my bloater Chris. ;)

• RMweb Premium