Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Pencarrow: nothing to see, move along please.

2ManySpams

• RMweb Premium

Right, I've had a good look through the Spam's photo library. I've concluded that both ends of the railbus had blank destination blinds as per David's photo above.

Unfortunately the clearest photos are from private collections so I can't post them here. The white part of the roof needs a few dints too.

Dints ???? don't hit that plastic too hard with the hammer !!!!

That Railcar looks a lovely model, will you be fitting if with sound ? 3 passengers and a border collie dog will be just about right for a packed out service :-)

Happy modelling

Craig

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Morning Craig, yes it's a really lovely model and I'm very pleased with how it looks (apart from the loose buffers).

Yes, my intention is to add sound at some point. I've no real experience of DCC or sound yet and so there's lots to learn about the various chip options and speakers. Plus finding the right sound project.

Currently I have no idea what chip and speaker would be most suitable, and absolutely no idea if the AC Railbus sound files are available. No rush though as there's still no track down on the layout!

Morning Chris, I think there is a sound file for this type of Railbus or one of the other variants, Biffo may be your Man to contact.

That will look and sound good pulling away from the station on your forth coming layout.

A bit to early for my era to justify one though :-(

Happy modelling

Craig

• RMweb Premium

YouChoos seem to do a RTR version with sound included but I can't see the chip separately on their site. Legomanbiffo's site doesn't appear to cover any of the Railbuses.

Looks like I need to send some emails off.

• RMweb Gold

I'm sure they are anoraks from before the garment existed, yes. There is someone in the cess talking to someone on the train. The layout of the station was such that where the chaps are gathered a short footpath took you through to the Bodmin General - Wadebridge & Padstow platform. The railcar is not actually going anywhere, I don't think, except back to Bodmin North, which is behind the camera.

I do believe you're looking the wrong way round sir.  If you look carefully you can see the handrails of the steps going down to the platform on the Bodmin North line, you didn't cross any lines to get from one platform to the other.  The railbus is pointing towards Bodmin General.

And white blind at the rear doesn't mean there wasn't one at the front - once they were set I bet they didn't bother to change them ;)

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I do believe you're looking the wrong way round sir.  If you look carefully you can see the handrails of the steps going down to the platform on the Bodmin North line, you didn't cross any lines to get from one platform to the other.  The railbus is pointing towards Bodmin General.

Yes, the station sign does support that. I had assumed that as the railcar ran from Boscarne to Bodmin North, that it would be standing on the Bodmin North line. When I travelled in 1965, the Bodmin General/Bodmin Road service was operated by a bubble car, connecting with the railcar shuttle to Bodmin North at Boscarne. No, I didn't think crossing lines was necessary, as the new platforms were built in the vee between the diverging SR and GWR routes, connected by a footpath, I thought.

• RMweb Premium

And white blind at the rear doesn't mean there wasn't one at the front - once they were set I bet they didn't bother to change them ;)

Mike, I've got several sets of photos showing the Railbus with white blinds both ends.

One set is taken after arrival at Bodmin North station and shows all four sides of the unit. They are obviously taken closely together timewise as various surrounding objects and people haven't move far / at all.

The other set is taken from the lineside of an approaching and then passing unit.

No sign of any Bodmin North or Wadebridge destinations.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

I would expect so, but find a supplier for the sound project first as this will determine whether you want a Zimo or ESU.

As with the 1366, I've not found anyone listing an AC Railbus as a sound project yet.

• RMweb Premium

Well, if you will insist in modelling these obscure prototypes...

I'd be tempted to stick a Lenz 21 pin (or similar) to get it running then go for sound later. I wouldnt invest in either a Zimo or ESU sound decoder until you know you can get a suitable sound project for one or t'other.

• RMweb Premium

Well, if you will insist in modelling these obscure prototypes...

I'd be tempted to stick a Lenz 21 pin (or similar) to get it running then go for sound later. I wouldnt invest in either a Zimo or ESU sound decoder until you know you can get a suitable sound project for one or t'other.

Or just wait until someone else does the donkey work.

Andy

• RMweb Premium

Or just wait until someone else does the donkey work.

Andy

Sounds like if I wait a year or two there might be something available...and some track finished to run the blessed thing on ;-p

• Like 1

Morning Chris, I think there is a sound file for this type of Railbus or one of the other variants, Biffo may be your Man to contact.

That will look and sound good pulling away from the station on your forth coming layout.

A bit to early for my era to justify one though :-(

Happy modelling

Craig

A preserved one, Craig?

Rod

Edited by Dmudriver

Every time I see AC written the pictures on the screen are all wrong to the ones in my head. Is it just me or does anyone else see light blue 3 wheelers racing down the track?

Edited by N15class