Pencarrow: nothing to see, move along please.

2ManySpams

• RMweb Gold

Thanks, it's the base for a window seat made for the folk's house. Quite enjoyable doing other stuff for time to time.

Brownie points are always useful for future use.

• RMweb Premium

Does it fold down in rapid quick time?

Andy

Nope. The brief was a solid lump of a seat to be screwed to the wall. No folding what so ever.

Complete opposite of a typical show layout.

Be careful... Brownie points have a surprisingly short shelf life..

Use them or loose them!

Andy

Best cashed in straight away IMO.

Thanks, it's the base for a window seat made for the folk's house. Quite enjoyable doing other stuff for time to time.

Join the club Chris, just finished this off and spray painted for my grandsons toys.

Good to get away from these damn puffer trains sometimes !

Chip Offtheblok

post-20303-0-79115400-1502749568_thumb.jpeg

• Like 5

By the way, the 'workbench' it's sitting on is the pile of boxes containing the cheapo Wickes kitchen base units for the train room.

Plan of action is...

1. Get shot of the window seat.

2. Finish off the three turnouts on Pencarrow that bridge the board joints. This will enable the boards to be split...

3. With the boards split they can be moved, the old Ikea trestles removed and the new taller support system made (more on this at a later point).

4. Install layout on the taller support system.

5. Make kitchen units, install under the layout.

6. Move train junk into kitchen units - tidy.

Kitchen units and layout supports will all be mounted on heavy duty wheeled castors. Should let me move things around if needed on my own.

So that's tomorrow sorted, Thursdays paint the O2 day, Friday is always beer day....

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Join the club Chris, just finished this off and spray painted for my grandsons toys.

Good to get away from these damn puffer trains sometimes !

Chip Offtheblok

That's a very nice price of work there. Mine will be covered in material and cushions (not by me) so needed to be functional rather than beautiful. Are you sure it's big enough though? Kids toys are huge these days, and they have so many.

By the way, the 'workbench' it's sitting on is the pile of boxes containing the cheapo Wickes kitchen base units for the train room.

Plan of action is...

1. Get shot of the window seat.

2. Finish off the three turnouts on Pencarrow that bridge the board joints. This will enable the boards to be split...

3. With the boards split they can be moved, the old Ikea trestles removed and the new taller support system made (more on this at a later point).

4. Install layout on the taller support system.

5. Make kitchen units, install under the layout.

6. Move train junk into kitchen units - tidy.

Kitchen units and layout supports will all be mounted on heavy duty wheeled castors. Should let me move things around if needed on my own.

Dear line approaching fast.

Mike

• RMweb Premium

I've often thought that ambulance/hospital gurney trolleys would be good to build a cameo layout on... Think about it:

# height adjustable

# over 6'long and at least 2'wide

# wheeled and easy to move

# easily loaded into vehicles...

Perfect.

• RMweb Gold

I've often thought that ambulance/hospital gurney trolleys would be good to build a cameo layout on... Think about it:

# height adjustable

Perfect.

...if your vehicle is an ambulance, with a power ramp at the back.

Might be the new vehicle of choice for OG though...

• RMweb Gold

# height adjustable

Perfect.

Casualty or Holby City.....

• RMweb Premium

...if your vehicle is an ambulance, with a power ramp at the back.

Might be the new vehicle of choice for OG though...

The gurney I saw outside the office today was magic and the legs folded under it as it was pushed into the ambulance. No lifting required.