Pencarrow: nothing to see, move along please.

2ManySpams

• RMweb Premium

This is as far as I got last night with de wirin. Got bored at that point, not even a 1/4 done, 14 out of 60 droppers connected up. Shouldn't be any issues with deadspots.

post-6675-0-82273300-1515524047_thumb.jpg

post-6675-0-31640700-1515524061_thumb.jpg

Choc block strip in the centre is ready for the tortoise point motor and the feeds to the two common crossings.

Ordered 50m of various other colours of 32/0.2mm wire today. Should be enough for all the other bits and bobs.

• Like 9

• RMweb Premium

The multiple socket for the board to panel interconnect will be sat in the hole just below the long row if chocolate block connectors.

post-6675-0-27720400-1515538621_thumb.jpg

All the reds will be connected up together and attached to two pins in the socket, the blacks will have separate pins. The blues go to a point motor switch on the control panel.

• Like 11

• RMweb Premium

Judging by the outline, has one of your Tortoise been murdered?

Not yet, but it's still early days...

Still need to properly fit all the point blades, tiebars and droppers. Keep putting it off. It's the bit that scares me most on the track building - if I don't get it right the layout won't work.

• RMweb Gold

Green. Frogs are green...apart from the poisonous ones which are orange, red, yellow etc

Bottom, didn't include any green wire in my last order. It's green I need to finish the board off too.

If only you'd thought of that before...

• RMweb Premium

I'm not a huge fan of having to get lots of different colours for wire. A good wiring diagram is essential though in my view. Horses for courses, I guess, depending on complexity etc.

Under the boards there will be:

Red and black for track feeds

Green for the switched crissings

Blue for the point motor switches

That's it. Just stops me getting carried away and soldering up the wrong wires.

I got a few more colours for inside the panel, but that's again just a visual aid to help me check what is what. (and to ensure the DCC feed is clearly distinguished from the DC.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Off topic but not....

Many years ago we were shopping in one of those weird shops thats sells a bit of everything, but upmarket rather than tat.

No. 1 daughter was in her pushchair, when a hand shot out and picked up a T-Y frog. She refused to put it down, so we went to the till.

"£25 please". We gulped, but paid up.

Since then Freddy has been everywhere with her, even to Japan a couple of years ago.

So not all green frogs are bad things.

• Like 6