(Modern image) 90"s to 2000 Diesel Loco"s...

class"66"

• 2 weeks later...

This is my home layout,its based on Modern image,from 1990"s to current day.

Its 8ft long by 7ft wide at one end, and 4ft wide at the other end.The layout has its own train room in my house,

Ive had this layout for many years,since i was kid!!

just wont part with it. Ive stripped it down and re-built,three times :no: over the years.

Ive been building this layout as well as "banks road" at our model club.

This is how my home layout looks at the moment,lots of detail,scenery, and traction.... :locomotive:

I have a curiosity question, how different is the layout from the first post ?

SGJ

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Neil

Great photo updates mate, liking the Observation EWS Car... I finally got one off Lucy at Model Mecca, thanks to Lucy calling me to ask if I was still interested as the second batch had come in to her shop.

Jamie

• Like 2

Hey Neil...

Interesting DB Bank in Germany and its Banks money crisis, will this effect 'DB Shenker' and all what Mr Shenker owns or part own with the DB Bank...! is this the start of the end to EWS / DB Shenker as we know it... just putting it out there bud.... if the Bank gets into asset troubles...???

Jamie

• RMweb Premium

Huh? Maybe I've missed something but I think you're confusing DB (Deutsche Bahn, German Railways, the equivalent of BR) with Deutsche Bank, the equivalent of say, the Bank of England, Royal Bank of Scotland, or whoever. As far as I know they are two very separate entities other than having the same initials. And DB Schenker is no longer the same as DB Cargo, the people who run trains in the UK.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi to JDW
Yes I agree, with regards to a DB Railway and DB Bank, but as far I remember from a engineer at the top who as met MR Schenker himself on many occasions, when he started out life on the rails, DB Bank went into a partnership together with Mr Shenker in order to secure the funding needed to expand the Schenker Empire.

There is a very interesting story that went along with the startup of Mr Schenker to startup with regards to the Selling off many parts of the Railways as other countries joined the EU. Germany didn't want France to buy all the Stock and vice versa and the French didn't want the Stock to go To the Netherlands either and Netherlands didn't want vice versa, so to solve the argument, Mr Schenker at the time was looking to invest into a new venture and He bought the Lot, Stock and Barrel, but to secure the funding, the DB Bank went halfs with Mr Schenker, which resolved the argument. Hence DB Schenker.

Which I thought was quiet a good and interesting story, when I was told my the Engineer, who since as sadly died of Cancer, a great man that he was. RIP (Stand up to Cancer)

Jamie

Edited by 7APT7

• 4 weeks later...