Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

What have you done with your Keyser kit

Seriously , how many Siphon F 's is too many ?

I think the most obvious answer would be if you had seven or more. That hasn't stopped me in the past running eight of them in one train just before I culled my collection!

Dave R. 

I think the most obvious answer would be if you had seven or more. That hasn't stopped me in the past running eight of them in one train just before I culled my collection!

Dave R.

2 more than were built !

And I thought I was being greedy.

Dave R.

A aha BUT ! It's not that obvious to me... You see I have more than seven, only just though at eight,BUT five of them are still kits and only three of them built up, and that's enough on the track with out looking to silly, but when you find then for two quid at toy fairs who can leave them on the stall?

As a side issue for the same kit from the same maker there are a few variations on as supplyed

P S in a earlier post some one said the Calidoilan 0-4-4 tank is available from DJH now......trouble is its not the K's one and this thread is about what have you done with your Keyers kit not what have you done with your DJH kit,any one like to start that one up

Edited by Graham456

2 more than were built !

And I thought I was being greedy.

Milord, I wish to throw myself on the mercy of the court and plead mitigating circumstances. At the time of the offence I had in my possession four of the above mentioned items of rolling stock in the large 'G W' livery and a like number in the later scheme described in some circles as 'shirtbutton' logo. Further to this they were fitted with differing styles of bogies to create variety. Since the time of this offending I have needed to sell all the items due to unexpected financial circumstances. I do still possess one (1) uncompleted model kit of this subject and hope to add a few extra in the future - finances permitting. I therefore place myself at the mercy of the jury of my peers.

Dave R. 

Milord, I wish to throw myself on the mercy of the court and plead mitigating circumstances. At the time of the offence I had in my possession four of the above mentioned items of rolling stock in the large 'G W' livery and a like number in the later scheme described in some circles as 'shirtbutton' logo. Further to this they were fitted with differing styles of bogies to create variety. Since the time of this offending I have needed to sell all the items due to unexpected financial circumstances. I do still possess one (1) uncompleted model kit of this subject and hope to add a few extra in the future - finances permitting. I therefore place myself at the mercy of the jury of my peers.

Dave R.

So in answer to this thread of "What have you done with your Keyser's kit" SOLD IT applies

Guilty as charged. Prosecution recommends life without parole modelling LNER.

I thought that forms of "Cruel and Unusual Punishment" had been superceded. That is almost a black cap sentence for a GWR modeller! (I do admit to once owning a 3 rail Sir Nigel Gresley

Dave R.

• 1 month later...

Another pleasing build, the GWR banana van. This came still wrapped in its tissue paper in an immaculate box and must be, what 30 / 40 years old ? A stamped note on the back of the box advised of their recent move to Tubbs Road in Willesden - would that help anybody date it more accurately ?

The castings this time were all quite clean and symmetrical although the roof presented a particular problem and a very substantial amount of metal required removing from the four corners before it could be used [worn mould ?] . Otherwise, construction was pleasingly easy and the body sat quite square.

I have fitted a floor [as usual], some plumbing, better wheels in brass bearings, tie rods and Bachmann couplings. The van runs very freely, making it quite usable.

DSC_0017_zps5vavoiq3.jpg

Tony

• Like 9

Were the ''Milestones of Transport'' kits produced in lesser numbers than the standard Keyser kits ? They do not seem to come up for sale as often ; in fact, I have never seen any of them for sale.

Not really in the sence of limited edition more a case of the fact the production time/period was shorter due to there later introduction limiting the numbers, they can be found

Were the ''Milestones of Transport'' kits produced in lesser numbers than the standard Keyser kits ? They do not seem to come up for sale as often ; in fact, I have never seen any of them for sale.

Some, if not all, were acquired by Kay Butler to become part of the KeyKits range of the Wrightlines business.

Certainly the Metropolitan/District Railway 4-4-0T was reissued with a nice etched chassis which was also available separately to those who wished to upgrade their original Keyser ones. The GWR broad gauge 2-2-2-2 went the same way but this is now with the Broad Gauge Society.

Possibly the rest of the Milestones series are with ABS?

They do come up on ebay quite often but can attract high prices if totally untouched.