Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Jim’s “out and about with GBRf” thread

• RMweb Gold
30 minutes ago, s182ggu said:

via South Ruislip again?

Yes but only got a single loco tonight so it’s a run round job at 0500, that should be fun just as the first passenger service will be bearing down on me! 

• Friendly/supportive 4

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, Bloodnok said:

This hasn't been a thing for a long, long time...

I agree - I did it many many years ago - and also Heysham 2, but security, elfn safety, and other factors put paid to that - shame, as the Heyham tour was a full behind the scenes version, where we had the full monty - walking across the reactor core and seeing the spent rod handling - all hard hats, and scanned for radioactivity before leaving.

Now back on topic a bit, Rye itself is quite interesting, but probably not a lot for any youngsters.

Edited by 45156
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, Bloodnok said:

This hasn't been a thing for a long, long time...

Thanks. I remember  taki g the family round A station when we were in the New Romney area.  Went by train as well. It was fascinating.

Jamie

21 hours ago, big jim said:

You may remember back in January 2022 I found a doll on the tracks while on a possession, she came for a ride back to bescot on the lamp iron of the class 66…..

588F81D6-299A-484F-923C-B480AF695861.jpeg.08b58b76b000835d8bb6e0f8546df6bd.jpeg

She appears to have had a hard life in the last 12 months and has got a some decent class 08 mileage in too!

IMG_9370.HEIC

Ruddy Trainsurfers, they get everywhere these days!

Mind you, if she's a member of the Branchline Society, think of all the Yellow & Red Pen Mileage she's already achieved!  😂

• Like 4
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Gold

You seem to do well with the celeb 66’s…

For sure in the south next week, the only way you’ll see one is if you bring it with you.

Wolverhampton Wanderers and Sunderland 66’s are as wild as it gets.. When 66789 brought 69002 back in 2021 Photters formed a human chain on the Tonbridge yard bridge. The housing estate behind Tonbridge Yard was completely blocked with enthusiasts cars.

Edited by adb968008
  • Informative/Useful 2

7 hours ago, rogerzilla said:

To sort of answer my own question before Big Jim tells me I'm wrong...😄

A 66 can manage about 3000 tonnes, which is about 30-35 big ballast carriers.  So three of them could mean a 100-wagon train. That would block a few junctions.

You'd probably have coupling issues before you had power ones..

• RMweb Gold

Nice result tonight, back end of my job cancelled so just a landor st to crewe trip. Didn’t even bother with any pics, the start of tomorrows job is also cancelled so a later start for me

I’ve been invited to a GBRf event in london later today so the cancellations have worked out useful, i can get too it and not have to rush back as early (but I can’t have a drink!) hopefully I’ll get some pics on rhe way down and maybe some at the event (although it’s not near any railways) 

• Like 14

Well done for showing that word as an image only, if you write it then it invokes modellers with a crazy desire to build a simple but busy commuter terminus onto your thread with a desire to spam you with their variation trackplans.

Edited by woodenhead
Multiple spelling mistakes that I cannot blame on autotext
  • Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 5
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
13 minutes ago, big jim said:

Aldwich tube station, never been here before!

IMG_9451.HEIC

hot footed it from there to euston and heading home as I type! 

I have a feeling that a picture is missing as Aldwych station was closed in the 1994 and only had one platform. Or else you mean Aldgate and can blame auto corrupt!

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Looking forwards to a CS sleeper ride next week myself, and my daughter.

with CS, I always say your awake at Watford, feel Crewe, relax at Preston, hear Shap and finally sleep a bit after Carlilse.

But next friday, were heading up the ECML apparently, due to diverts, to Glasgow to do Model Rail Scotland, and a few pics of 47712’s Push Pull gallavants.

Edited by adb968008