4mm Harsco Rail Grinder Twin Set

Pete Harvey

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Harsco Rail Crossing and Turnout Grinder Kit (Network Rail Version)

The etched & Cast Brass parts for the Harsco (Network Rail Version) Rail Grinder Kit will be £135.00 the 3D Printed parts will Cost between £46 to £50 (exchange rate control) and the additional drive parts not including the motor (Mashima 1024 or 1620) and 12mm wheels should cost £25

There will be 10 kits (I will increase this number if the demand requires it) for the first batch, there will be full details of where to buy the additional parts needed for the drive system in the supplied instructions.

I have added the Harsco Rail Crossing and Turnout Grinder Kit (Network Rail Version) to my website if you submit an order for one of these kits you will not be expected to send any payment for the kit until the release date has been posted.

Pete

• Like 5

David, Pete will be lining up a couple of well known kit builders to build the kits for those who don't fancy wielding a soldering iron. Personally I can't wait :)

P.S. "your" machine will be UK1 David, the only time it ventures south is when it's working it's way down to Ashford for annual maintenance. It was at Rutherglen this week, I used to catch it for inspection at Tyne Yard though, nice drive up the A1, see Rusty Rita, McDonalds on the way back down south, job done :)

Pete,

Can you let me know how much it would cost to have the kit built by someone who can actually solder well?  I may be tempted to put in a pre-order?

Regards

David

• Like 1

Ok the first 10 kits are spoken for there is still time if anyone else wants a kit as I will increase the first order to 15 kits

Pete

Pete,

when do we discover if the orders are inside the number you're producing for batch 1?

Ian_B

Batch 1 will be 15 kits in size and once I have orders to fill batch one I will post that "Batch 1 has been filled" then I will start taking order for Batch 2 which will have a limit set then.

Originally I had intended to recommend three builders for this kit but two builders have had a quite significant change in there circumstances and there will now be only one builder Mozzer Models the construction and painting cost will need to be worked out between Mozzer and the kit purchaser and I will not be supplying the kit directly to Mozzer.

Don't badger Mozzer as for what he would charge as he has not seen a kit and it would not be fair to expect him to quote a building/painting price on something he has not seen.

Pete 

• RMweb Gold

Well stab me vitals as Wogan used to say .....

drive car #1 (or is that DR79267?) is running on DCC, pickup from both bogies too :)

I had to fit a new drive belt as the original one had stretched and taken a set where it had rested on the small pulley - not good. To fit a new one means taking the drive bogie apart, but the components clip together so it's not as onerous as you might think. Fiddly mind ;)

I will run it out on Summat Colliery if anyone wants a look this weekend at the BRM show Doncaster :)

Don't badger Mozzer as for what he would charge as he has not seen a kit and it would not be fair to expect him to quote a building/painting price on something he has not seen.

Pete 

Thanks Pete,

Having contacted Mozzer Models, it would appear that a ready-to-run cost is potentially in the region of £500.  That is around £225 for parts (as per your post #104) and an indicative ball-park build and paint cost in the region of £265.  Obviously the price would be higher if lighting and DCC or DCC sound is required (both in terms of parts and fitment).

It's a lot of money, so I just need to decide if that is affordable.  It certainly looks like a nice model.  Shame I won't be at Doncaster to have a look at Summat Colliery.

Regards

David