4mm Harsco Rail Grinder Twin Set

Pete Harvey

• RMweb Gold

So my Grinder build took a run out on Summat Colliery last weekend, ran very well with a Lenz Gold decoder and pickup on both axles (using DC Kits pickup wheelsets on the undriven axle)

Here's a quick snap. I really should find the time to get on and finish it .....

post-6717-0-18535800-1423471826_thumb.jpg

• Like 9

So my Grinder build took a run out on Summat Colliery last weekend, ran very well with a Lenz Gold decoder and pickup on both axles (using DC Kits pickup wheelsets on the undriven axle)

Thanks for taking the time out from operating Summat Colliery to talk about Rail Grinder and show it to me. You have done a good job so far and it runs really well.

I'm looking forward to getting my kit and getting the soldering iron out! :)

Cheers

Jeremy

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Bob, It's looking good, nice neat soldering looking at the main body sections. I've finished the painting and transfers on mine now, must post a couple of photos if I get a chance to take them. Still working on the mechanism, so it's reliable. I've decided to go with a Black Beetle drive, as it's proving more constant with speed and running quality. Need to sort out the cab interiors and the lighting to finish off. Tony.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Bob, Here's a couple of photos on a Word document, it's the only way it appears I can attach the file. Hope they are OK. Still need to glaze the model, fit lights and the interiors to complete. I've got a MPV sound decoder to fit as well, but need a bass reflex speaker inside the grinder cover. Tony.

Rail Grinder.docx

Edited by Tony Walker
  • Like 3

Dan, There's a file attached to post 138 above. It's a Word document, so I hope you can open it. There's a couple of photos on the file. I have trouble adding photos to the posts, why I don't know, so have to add anything like that as a file. Hope you like them. Tony.

• 4 months later...

Two more order required for the next production run Guys?

Hi Pete,

Sent you a mail, not sure if you got it. I'm ready to order one but......given I don't have the time and more importantly the talent to build and paint one to a high standard can you recommend someone who'd be willing to take it on? Mozza Models isn't taking on anymore work at the moment.

Thanks

Martin

Edited by trent