"Anything You Can do, I Can Do Better ! Robinson and Downes.

• RMweb Premium

They're  weird windows, as windows go, not exactly mullioned, and not exactly not ! 

Steady on chaps, all these quotes from the Goon Show is affecting Alan's writing.

"You can't shoot elephants in England,you know... they're out of season!"

(Bonus point to anyone who recognises that quotation without Googling it!)

I thought Monty Python or The Masterson Inheritance... possibly in "The Mastersons do something completely Different"?

And the walls and windows/doors fitted.

This build is leaping along at a fairford (Get it, Fairford ? never mind....)  rate of knots and  a thing like this in the old days would have been all done and dusted in a day.

Cheers.

Allan.

post-18579-0-83868500-1405098836_thumb.jpgpost-18579-0-05911000-1405098848_thumb.jpgpost-18579-0-31514400-1405098858_thumb.jpgpost-18579-0-58787700-1405098869_thumb.jpgpost-18579-0-63966000-1405098885_thumb.jpgpost-18579-0-57078700-1405098901_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

Just noticed you can't get rid that Robinson guy. His article about constructing clay dries is in Augusts edition of Railway Modeller. May be we should start a petition:

"We, the undersigned, demand that Allan Downes (Master Builder) be allowed to publish articles in Railway Modeller to fairly balance those items published by his arch enemy Iain Robinson and to prove that there are other ways of producing outstanding models." :jester:

Now you've got me worried. I've an article in that issue too - I hope I'm not going to be the subject of a petition too...  :jester:

Easily done. Just give us your name and which side you dress sir and we'll start one right away! Now! Would sir prefer one's petition in brick, stone or concrete? Or for just a little extra we do a rather tasty Chinese one in bamboo with pretty flower paintings!

Regards

Bill

PS: Bags I to be the first one to mention the supplement in BRM on Monk's Bay with all those lovely Allan Downes buildings!

PPS: A thousand curses on Gritpipe-Thynne!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Mythocentric
  • Like 2

Gritpipe-Thynne,who he?

Ooer! You'll have to ask da famous Eccles or the Genius that was Spike Milligan! In other words, one of the characters from the Goon Show, and played by the esteemed Peter Sellers. :this:

Regards

Bill

• RMweb Premium

Now! Would sir prefer one's petition in brick, stone or concrete? Or for just a little extra we do a rather tasty Chinese one in bamboo with pretty flower paintings!

Regards

Bill

How about goatskin? There could be one going shortly when t'boss sees what Myrtle's about to do to his tomatoes. 

post-16840-0-77284200-1405116884_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

'Puckoon' by Spike Milligan

Best book ever. Any one read it ?

Cheers.

Allan

Very definitely. In fact I can see a copy from where I'm sitting. The thought of the bloke who's jaw stays still while the rest of his head goes up and down when he talks still brings tears to my eyes. I've also got a full set of his war memoirs and The Bible According To Milligan! Always worth re-reading for his sheer genius!

Regards

Bill

Edited by Mythocentric

'Puckoon' by Spike MilliganBest book ever. Any one read it ?Cheers.Allan

Oh yes read that, though some years ago.

What about the bar that had one corner in Southern Ireland where everyone gathered cause the beer was cheaper!

(Might not have remembered that right!)

• Like 1

Here's one I think you'll like Allan.

https://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/the-rio-report/belgian-world-cup-beauty-loses-modelling-contract-over-182159515.html

17-year-old student Axelle Despiegelaere was given a modelling contract by L'Oreal after they spotted her photographs at the World Cup then immediately dropped her when she posted photos of herself with one of her 'kills', an East African Oryx (on the Near Threatened species list). Well done L'Oreal! I'm pleased to say the girl deserves everything she didn't get!

Regards

Bill

The moose is the dumbest animal in America, you could go up to it and hit it on the head with a hammer and it would just blink back at you - dangerous beast eh ?

Yet during the hunting season up in the Apalachians, brainless with enough fire power to conquer a small country slaughter them wholesale and many a wounded animal drags itself into the forest, critically maimed and left to die.Then they boast about in the bars, pissed out of their tiny minds.

Bill Bryson.

A Walk In The Woods.

• Like 1

I heard someone on the radio a while back explaining the attraction of wild duck shooting: "It's the knowledge that you have the power of life and death over a living creature". "No, you ######," I remarked, as I switched off - "only death".

I read a story once where a big game hunter's gun jammed as he aimed it at an advancing lioness protecting her cubs. It killed the not so big game hunter, the reserve authorities killed the lion - and the cubs.

It;s a sick world with no cure.