"Anything You Can do, I Can Do Better ! Robinson and Downes.

I would like to ask the mods to remove that photo. Not nice.

It's the real World I'm affraid and arseoles with high powered guns should be exposed for what they are. Arseoles with high powered guns.

Any man that can get great delight out of shooting a defenceless animal from the safety of an armoured truck with a rifle that could put a hole through the side of a tank should be hung by his bxxxxxxx and fed to the lions.

And what about the Milligans legs asking the author for a better part ?

Classic Milligan.

I read it when it was first printed and apart from "Caw "said the crow, "Balls" said Milligan, I can't remember a lot. I'll have to read it again

Dave

Anyway, Fairford Station finished.

It's by no means a faithful copy, but I think it's captured the essence - a typical GWR country station - well at least the travel posters if nothing else !

Cheers.

Allan

attachicon.gifFAIRFORD FININISHED 001.JPGattachicon.gifFAIRFORD FININISHED 002.JPGattachicon.gifFAIRFORD FININISHED 003.JPGattachicon.gifFAIRFORD FININISHED 004.JPGattachicon.gifFAIRFORD FININISHED 005.JPGattachicon.gifFAIRFORD FININISHED 006.JPGattachicon.gifFAIRFORD FININISHED 007.JPG

Never thought I'd admit to liking a GWR station but I hold my hand up for this one! An interesting building with a roofline which sets it apart from the norm. Well done that man! :fan:

Regards

Bill

Edited by Mythocentric

A LARGE SIX BAY GWR SIGNAL BOX.

I'm probably repeating myself here again re signal box construction so this is in case you ignored me the first time - so, pencils ready ?!

The framework cut out as whole pieces from 20thou black styrene - this colours up better than had it been white, dark colours, dark plastic.

post-18579-0-13809500-1405339626_thumb.jpg

Windows doors - , Scalelink GWR bass etched painted and ready to go

post-18579-0-22334300-1405339636_thumb.jpg

The boarding, Evergreen, painted and weathered and also ready to go - one swift GWR signal box coming up !

To weather the boarding try a generous brush coat of Colron georgian medium oak followed immediately  with a very light dusting of either acrylic white primer, or Sandlewood beige and both available from Halfords who, by the way, sell the best spray paints anywhere.

post-18579-0-19625500-1405339647_thumb.jpg

Cheers.

Allan

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

How do you know what size to cut the framing ? I realise the doors & windows will determine some dimensions, but what about height ? Or are these just 'known' by you from years of practice ?

How do you know what size to cut the framing ? I realise the doors & windows will determine some dimensions, but what about height ? Or are these just 'known' by you from years of practice ?

As you say Stubby, the windows and doors determine the dimensions - unless you make your own.

The Scalelink windows and doors - in all scales - are a dead scale replica of the prototype and the Evergreen boarding likewise, so you just work around those given dimensions.

Roughly a standard GWR box in 7mm is 50mm from ground to bottom of the cabin door and about 80mm wide. The width is just a multiple of the window sets.

Anyway, here are the windows/doors and boarding fitted which is enough for today as Cleethorpes and two bags of chips are urgently calling !

Cheers.

Allan.

post-18579-0-99437700-1405351717_thumb.jpgpost-18579-0-61299000-1405351728_thumb.jpgpost-18579-0-92143600-1405351746_thumb.jpgpost-18579-0-64820400-1405351761_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

Allan,

Which glue do you use to glue the framework to the Colron coloured planking?

Alan.

You can either use Evostik Impact applied sparingly just to the back of the framework then carefully laid over the boarding whilst still wet and gently pressing it flat - or a very thin run of superglue instead. Either will hold it indefinitely

Cheers.

Allan..

Edited by allan downes

• RMweb Gold

I just hope the signal box is placed somewhere warm, as there doesn't appear to be a fire place / chimney...

...but I do like the overflow pipe out of the toilet enclosure.

Edited by Stubby47

I like the look of the crusty old tiles on the roof how are they finished?.

Post 4107 a couple of pages back shows the procedure. I remember because I like them too.

Regards,

Stefan

I just hope the signal box is placed somewhere warm, as there doesn't appear to be a fire place / chimney...

...but I do like the overflow pipe out of the toilet enclosure.

Christ Stubby, I forgot all about it !!!!!!!

Thanks mate.

Allan.