Trent Valley Show 15th June 2013

Northpoint

Really enjoyed being at the show today. Many thanks to Nick and the crew, it was good to put some names to faces on here. It was great to see Dave Long and Colin W again, and at last to have the opportunity to meet Jack (Shortliner). Roll on next year. Was blown away by Galatia and Industry Avenue, plenty of inspiration. Top of the Yard seemed pretty feeble compared to some of the more substantial exhibits, will come up with something a bit bigger next year if Nick will have me back :-). Off to get some shut-eye.

ChrisM

Chris - nothing "pretty feeble" about your layout - Remember the TV ad -"Small and Bijoux Mostyn - Small and Bijoux!" More proof that small layouts are not only possible, but worthwhile  - send it in to Gert on Carls' Scrapbook site

Some nice shots there Andrew.

Ian

Some great subject material to work with. Sort of wishing I'd had a bit more time to do them properly with a tripod and better depth of field. Not too shabby though. First model shots with the new Nikon.

First, having finally caught up, can I say some heartfelt thank-you's - First to Nick and Liz for putting me up (and putting up with me) - secondly to Nick (again) and Chris for running a really excellent show, and thirdly to the friends old and many new ones, amongst the exhibitors and punters who came to the show, and shook me warmly by the hand ( instead of by the throat!) and spent time talking to me, and making me welcome - I had a great time, and thoroughly enjoyed myself - to all those who didn't manage to make it (for one reason or another) - I'd very seriously suggest you try for next year - you missed a fantastic show 

Right - on to the promised photos - in no particular order - all were good

post-6688-0-60612100-1371473091_thumb.jpg

post-6688-0-34677900-1371473093_thumb.jpg

post-6688-0-27346200-1371473095_thumb.jpg

post-6688-0-17458200-1371473215_thumb.jpg

post-6688-0-13564600-1371473217_thumb.jpg

post-6688-0-78454600-1371473218_thumb.jpg

post-6688-0-78454600-1371473218_thumb.jpg

post-6688-0-45420800-1371473220_thumb.jpg

post-6688-0-04285300-1371473222_thumb.jpg

post-6688-0-12305200-1371473213_thumb.jpg

the only down side is i didn't get a photo of Nick smiling,though he did at the end but my camera was in the car by then :no:  :no:  :sungum:

Here's to next year

Ray

I wasn't smiling 'cos I was constantly looking for my helpers. At least one shot above of one standing admiring Menasha with his hands in his pockets and one of the others was too busy taking photos..... :jester:

• RMweb Gold

It really is suprising,what happens after you've been to a show you've enjoy,how it can get the impetus back in one thinking,i'm ok for next year with "59th and Rust" but what about the year after...........................mmm!

Ray

I know the feeling. i have three possible USA layouts in my head!

A late reply but what a fantastic show!  Thanks and well done to Nick and Chris for organising and putting on a fantastic day, great to hear it's all go for 2014 too.

I've never exhibited at a 1 day show before and it was strange not getting up and heading off for day 2, saved me some dosh though 'cos I couldn't do anything about the shopping list I'd come up with over night.

Good to catch up with and put faces to names, first time I've met Shortliner and thanks Jack for letting me try out a Trackmobile on Easter Park....got one on the wish list now.

A late reply but what a fantastic show!  Thanks and well done to Nick and Chris for organising and putting on a fantastic day, great to hear it's all go for 2014 too.

I've never exhibited at a 1 day show before and it was strange not getting up and heading off for day 2, saved me some dosh though 'cos I couldn't do anything about the shopping list I'd come up with over night.

Good to catch up with and put faces to names, first time I've met Shortliner and thanks Jack for letting me try out a Trackmobile on Easter Park....got one on the wish list now.

Colin - they are here  http://factorydirecttrains.com/broadwaylimitedtrackmobileho.aspx and I may be wrong but I thought they were running a promotion this week (fathers day) which may save the cost of shipping

Steve thanks for those - You even managed to catch me in motion!

• RMweb Gold

A hearty thanks to all those posting pics and vids - it all makes for an interesting snapshot (sorry) of how UK modellers see the US scene, at least as far as exhibitable layouts are concerned. What people do in the privacy of their own home may be different!

Thus I see that the vast majority of layouts seem to be set in a more modern era than the transition phase that was still favourite in the US last time I tested the Model Railroader waters. I think I saw one standard gauge steam loco in all those shots. Again, the practicalities of transport and setting-up work against the larger layout that tries to show the wide-open spaces of the US, but one or two HO layouts did seem to be offering longer runs - and there was evidence of passenger service, too, including C&NW bi-levels, I think. I think there was one or more N-gauge layout that had rugged scenery - using the scale to best advantage in that respect.

I haven't mentioned modelling skills, because they speak for themselves - very impressive right, left and centre.

An exhibition that I would like to attend at some stage, no question.

Archived