St.Clemens- a fresh finescale start...! beachings axe?

Jack00

Nigel. Thankyou for updating the name to the webpage and also thanks for posting the link.

Hope all is well. Yes no way i could have got my shifts covered may aswel have the 6 days off :)

I'll PM you in a bit,

All the best

Jack.

Just purchased a BR late crest pannier (Bachmann) which will be the main traction for the layout.

Also 2 unpainted Dapol 7plankers for coal shunting. Also more grass as i ran out so the minor gaps will be filled around the layout..still doing them fiddley 3links but almost finished now...

Repetative or what!!

Jack

Bit the bullet today and made the fiddle yard blood sweat and tears, but the frame is done (woodwork isn't my strong point)

Its a treverser style so it can slide sideways holding a maximum of 3 trains, typically 1 coach 1 milk tank and 1 loco on each storage track for example.

Just need to solder in the rails and buy some croc-clips and its done. Except the fancy facia painting.

Apart from that the 'railway room' come fridge freezer room/junk room is tidy allowing me to set the layout up as though it would be at a show.

And having alot of fun playing trains. But working in the morning so better catch some ZZZ's...

Cheers

Jack.

Ok so the fiddle yard pictures are attatched below. needs rails and wiring to complete but you get the idea of the construction. think handles will be needed to slide the board accross.

also weathering some wagons for the layout as i wanted to add my own touch to the RTR wagons.

post-13209-0-41003000-1374948118.jpg

post-13209-0-04644200-1374948122.jpg

post-13209-0-53886100-1374948124.jpg

cheers for now.

Jack.

the frames you see in the pictures are the actual layout supports from B&Q very lightweight but strong.handy to store stuff underneath too, boxes, stock, tea and cake etc....

Raining! Can't clean the car, can't weed the garden. Think im going to 'play trains' and take it easy today, gone deaf in my left ear again.

Hopefully i''ll get the fiddle yard painted and operational today...

Jack

The finished artical.

post-13209-0-06324800-1375203225_thumb.jpg

never thought i would actually finish a model railway. But i drew the plan, stuck to it and now completed the project with minimal fuss. (except a few cuts, swears, sticking fingers together) But was 100% worth every hour and penny i spent on the build.

definantly need a cup of tea now.

Thanks

Jack.

After a conversasion with Bill, i have now decided to add lighting to the layout fascia. To stop shadows occuring causing darkness.

A basic frame and strip lighting idea will be used and painted black to match the front

(Although the cloths are blue...never mind).

thanks for the idea Bill appreciate it.

Jack.

After a conversasion with Bill, i have now decided to add lighting to the layout fascia. To stop shadows occuring causing darkness.

A basic frame and strip lighting idea will be used and painted black to match the front

(Although the cloths are blue...never mind).

thanks for the idea Bill appreciate it.

Jack.

Hi Jack

No problem,you're welcome.....I await the photos....

Cheers Bill

Thanks for all the 'likes' !!!

Finally after tomorrow i have the weekend off from work. So i can be demesticated and have a spring clean around the house, drink fresh coffee and have a running session on St.Clemens. can't wait, what a week it's been haven't had a minute to myself, stress!

And if the motor sails through its MOT i'm treating myself to a prairie...

Jack

Hi lmsforever. Thanks for the kind comment.

Think i'll give it a month or 2 before embarking on the next layout...

Although a well know member on the forum will eventually be asked to construct the station buiding and road bridge.

...mr stubby... !

Cheers

Jack

Hi there Bill.

Car's in the garage next week (also have a week off work) just incase you know what the joys of motoring are like....!!!

Then i'll see what money is looking like after haha!!

Do fancy a prairie though, never know a 2nd hand one may pop up before then at a good price.

Cheers

Jack

My partners grandad has kindly offered to lend me his Mondeo estate to transport the layout to the show in a few weeks. So dont have to worry about cramming it in my hatchback. (Should have thought of this when i started building it..!!! Never mind.

Can't beleive how time has gone so quickly.

But can't help thinking of my next venture...

Jack.

• 2 weeks later...

St.Clemens will be packed up ready to go on friday. I'll have to make a list so i dont forget anything.

Most importantly a stool as all this scratch building made me realise its back breaking being stooped for so long.

Cheers

Jack

The layout all packed up in the car ready for later this afternoon.

Fish and chips before i set up at the show i reckon.

Hayle show this weekend (24th & 25th)

Say hello i'll be there with St.Clemens

Cheers

Jack.

Pannier runs round its clay wagons plus brakevan and trundles down the branch.

post-13209-0-88495400-1377283064_thumb.jpg

post-13209-0-33903600-1377283069_thumb.jpg

post-13209-0-51153400-1377283072_thumb.jpg

All set-up ready for saturday and sunday

Thanks to Hayle Model Railway Club for their welcome and lovely cup of tea  

Jack.

Archived