RMweb

St.Clemens- a fresh finescale start...! beachings axe?

Jack00

post-13209-0-41053800-1382040936_thumb.jpg

Ok so I got a little distracted today...railway modelling was planned.

I managed to get some lineside signs painted. 'SW' and 'no passengers beyond this point'.

They look good except I had to wait nearly 2months for next day delivery lol. Maybe they meant next day 2months from purchase. None the less they arrived and are now drying on the window ledge.

Cheers

Jack

Been doing a little bit of work on the layout, touching a few bits up with paint and filling gaps with static grass etc.

And generally having a running session with just the station section and fiddle yard.

Fitted a yard lamp which did have a nice glowing LED but its burnt out (was £1.00 off ebay so false economy but I will get replaced as it looks quite nice. Tempted to get express models lamps and station lamps too.

Have a few plans for the layout, I reckon if it ever gets exhibited again it will just be the terminus and fiddle yard as its quite a handful being solo and also the cars not quite big enough for it all to go in without the risk of damaging anything.

So this means I can really concentrate on getting the scenic section upto scratch.

Its all good fun tinkering around the layout and making it look a bit tidier.

Also got myself a new gaugemaster controller the handheld edition for mobility whilst un-coupling and changing the points.

I'll ttry and get some decent pictures of progress posted up.

Cheers

Jack

post-13209-0-34810200-1382815368_thumb.jpg

Been working on a few weathering and re-sprays this week.

Took my Heljan 33 apart and weathered the bogie frames and fuel tanks, then re-sprayed it into BR blue.

And same for Bachmann class 25 weathered and dulled down a little.

Things are going a little '70's for st.Clemens. it seems to suit the BR blue loco's.

I'll add some more pictures soon.

Cheers

Jack

I was thinking something a little more 'westerly' similar to drump lane sidings or Holmans sidings with Generator wagon loads and presflow's also been shunted and coupled. Although that in its self would make a nice EM gauge side project. ..ahh Reece you've given me naughty ideas haha!

Cheers

Jack

Hi  Jack

Nice to see this progressing......

Good to see you're able to run steam & blue diesel on the same layout......

It certainly adds interest both for you as an operator & for potential viewers at a show......

A lot of the infrastructure didn't ,& still hasn't changed.....

Only the road vehicles & Hivis clothing!!

Cheers Bill

Hi Bill thanks. Very true.

I have actually stripped St.Clemens down to the wood. I felt I needed to up my game and go for a more finescale approach.

I've ordered some more C&L Finescale trackbase products so can plan the new trackplan and buildings.

But will still be the same concept of a WR branchline station not much will change except the level of detail and characteristics of the yard area.

In other words less rural and a little more 'town' like.

Similar to Falmouth Docks Station or even Helston.

Got loads of ideas and plans on paper so I'm well equipped for the 'upgrade'.

Cheers

Jack....(aka Dr.Beaching).! Haha

post-13209-0-41245400-1383233169_thumb.jpg

Made a good start on re-building st.Clemens. 1 of 5 houses for the backscene and also 3 factories built

To give a more urban feel. Just waitig for my C&L order to arrive.

Im so pleased with the house and weathering techniques explained by AndyP and GeorgeT

So a big thanks to you both.

Excuse the spelling my fingers are stiff after all that precise cutting!!

Cheers

Jack

• RMweb Gold

Like the buildings Jack.  Nice look about them :)

As for the Astra that's in very good condition.  No rust around the rear wheel arches either by the looks of things.  They are good bits of kit but mind your hand on that radio aerial when you're washing it! :O  I speak from experience.

Keep the posts coming.

Cheers,

Mark

I love my mk3 so much. Its only done 60k and never let me down (although I've spent a small fortune on it getting it this nice)

Thanks for the comment on the buildings Mark, I really tried my hardest to get them looking good. Think it paid off.

Glad I made the decision to upgrade the layout I'm having fun :)

Your 009 venture is very nice Mark I'll have another look in a minute and drop-by.

All the best.

Jack

Hi Jeremy. Thanks for the comment. Looking forward to receiving the parcel and get "tracking" lol.

Cheers

Jack

I love my mk3 so much. Its only done 60k and never let me down (although I've spent a small fortune on it getting it this nice)

Cheers

Jack

Hi Jack

Is that St Clemens you're referring to????? :sarcastichand: :sarcastic:

Looking good so far.....Watching progress with interest......

Cheers Bill

• RMweb Gold

Thanks for the comment on the buildings Mark, I really tried my hardest to get them looking good. Think it paid off.

Glad I made the decision to upgrade the layout I'm having fun :)

Well you've got to have a nice set wheels. ;)

I had a girlfriend who had Mk 3 and her's though tatty with 120,000+ miles on the clock was a great bit of kit and polished up nicely. Hence I know about the aerial which was broken off and left a sharp piece of metal sticking up. :D

I think you've done the right thing with the layout Jack and the finescale track will make a real difference and really bring all the elements  of St.Clemens together.

Cheers,

Mark

Nice picture as well above! ;)

Mind you the head-gasket went at 40k. So got it skimmed, rebuilt and serviced good as new!

Oh yess ouch! Thats got to hurt haha. They seem to go for ever so 120k is almost just average...!

Thanks Mark, I felt I had to take a risk and really up my game seeing some of the layouts at local shows and on RMweb.

Glad I ordered the C&L cant wait to get it weathered and get trains shunting around.

All the best

Jack

Thanks Jeremy glad you like the pictures

Cheers

Jack

My delivery came. And im so impressed with C&L products...not a promo or anything but its given me a boost on getting the layout sorted

Been experimenting with track weathering and ballesting. Not going to rush it as it may take a few attempts at getting it looking right.

Anyway...2days to my self so a nice drink tomorrow afternoon after some modelling!

Jack

Oh more houses to build...!

Hi Bill thanks for the comment.

Deffinantly not rushing this. I have a little scratchbuilding project on the go.

Nothing for the layout but just to help improve my skills and its all good fun anyway.

Its actually Camborne station building. Ive got photo's and measurements for it and some left over brick card.

Cheers

Jack

Archived