Kyle Of Lochwilliam

Marcus 37

I'm still trying to see my first 70, yes I know they've been out a few years now but I've been to Burton, Nuneaton, Tamworth, Derby, Sheffield, and Water Orton but still not seen one, I keep being told; Oh one went through an Hour ago, or that should have had one on, it did yesterday.

Also love the Dutch 37, just need a bit of Andy Pandy weathering.

post-9335-0-05730100-1398017974_thumb.jpg

I'm still trying to see my first 70, yes I know they've been out a few years now but I've been to Burton, Nuneaton, Tamworth, Derby, Sheffield, and Water Orton but still not seen one, I keep being told; Oh one went through an Hour ago, or that should have had one on, it did yesterday.

Also love the Dutch 37, just need a bit of Andy Pandy weathering.

attachicon.gifDSC02603.JPG

Hi Andy

If I'm working 4L22 from Hams Hall I normally pass a Colas 70 on a NDS service coming the other way normally between Arley tunnel and Daw Mill. Thats normally around 14:50. I presume it comes from either Mountsorrel or Stud Farm so definitely comes through Nuneaton. Probably around 14:30ish at a guess. it does appear to run daily. Best thing to do is give Big Jim a PM as he drives them. Don't worry he doesn't bite, I know him personally and he's a really nice chap. We worked together at Chiltern before we both left to go on the freight.

As for the weathering I'll send the fleet round. Actually can you catch? I'll throw them out the window to you as I go past on the 20's. :biggrin_mini2:

Then you can throw them back the following week. the S Stock deliveries run until 2016 so should have the whole fleet covered by then. :derisive:

• RMweb Gold

the 70 you pass is 6M50 from westbury to bescot that comes via leamington-coventry-nuneaton (exept when im on it as i dont sign cov-nun)

the times ive passed you at the weekend in the same area i've been doing a l/e to mountsorrel which ends up on the western region

oh and sorry andy, i went through burton last weekend with one!! (mountsorrel-sheet stores-stenson-burton-sutton park-bescot)

the 70 you pass is 6M50 from westbury to bescot that comes via leamington-coventry-nuneaton (exept when im on it as i dont sign cov-nun)

the times ive passed you at the weekend in the same area i've been doing a l/e to mountsorrel which ends up on the western region

oh and sorry andy, i went through burton last weekend with one!! (mountsorrel-sheet stores-stenson-burton-sutton park-bescot)

Let him know when your coming through JIm as he'll probably do a nice video of you too.

See further up the thread for the one he did of me with the 20's.

You'll recognise him easily. He's still got that mug of tea in his hand.  :biggrin_mini2:

Sorry Andy, couldn't resist :jester:  

Let him know when your coming through JIm as he'll probably do a nice video of you too.

See further up the thread for the one he did of me with the 20's.

You'll recognise him easily. He's still got that mug of tea in his hand.  :biggrin_mini2:

Sorry Andy, couldn't resist :jester:  

Its not Tea it was coffee, George make a lousy cup of tea. not even a shot Whiskey in it, hahhaha

Or did you mean it was the MUG HOLDING THE TEA? hahahheeeee

Thanks for that Marcus, I feel better now....no skips in the highlands. When they replaced the 37s the magic went out of that line like a light being switched off...

Now how about 37152 in de branded intercity on the corpach from KoL....

See I'm great at suggestions not so great at getting modelling done, as I'm spending all my time in the good ole US of A.

Hi Rob

I would love an Intercity example, used to have the Lima model of 251. Vitrains have done 685 and 505 but did the opposite of Bachmann with 431 and got the bottom band the wrong colour. Often toyed with the idea of getting a Bachmann 431 and converting it to 685.

Yes your right about the skips taking over on the beds it was very sad. Although, on the other hand if skips hadn't been passed over the line I would never of had the pleasure of driving over it. Two edged sword for me unfortunately.

post-18515-0-26106200-1398179955_thumb.jpg

Yours truly flailing out the cab door!!

Hi Rob

I would love an Intercity example, used to have the Lima model of 251. Vitrains have done 685 and 505 but did the opposite of Bachmann with 431 and got the bottom band the wrong colour. Often toyed with the idea of getting a Bachmann 431 and converting it to 685.

Yes your right about the skips taking over on the beds it was very sad. Although, on the other hand if skips hadn't been passed over the line I would never of had the pleasure of driving over it. Two edged sword for me unfortunately.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Yours truly flailing out the cab door!!

Not impressed with the weathering on the 67 Marcus, not enough dirt around the front end, can I Air Brush some in for you like this 66 at Didcot a few years back? :nono: 

post-9335-0-30047100-1398201091.jpg

post-9335-0-95502000-1398201114_thumb.jpg

Also the crew are to clean as well. :no:

Sorry Andy, don't do weathered loco's but I can do weathered train crew pretty well as you can see. Had spent most of the day underneath it trying to sort a traction motor problem. Check out the youtube clip to see why we had a TM problem!!!

post-18515-0-90508200-1398262760_thumb.jpg

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fdDsidBR9D0

Unfortunately your only supposed to get smoke out of the exhausts.

Yep he certainly is. Keep trying to twist his arm to come and join GBRF. Still see him quite regularly and he got me rather tipsy in the Wellington the other night. Terrible behaviour.

As for the video, the eagle eyed may notice the engine changes colour at Warwick Parkway. This bit had to refilmed and Sod's law 67018 ended up on the train. It actually took four separate runs to make the complete video.

Sorry Andy, don't do weathered loco's but I can do weathered train crew pretty well as you can see. Had spent most of the day underneath it trying to sort a traction motor problem. Check out the youtube clip to see why we had a TM problem!!!

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fdDsidBR9D0

Unfortunately your only supposed to get smoke out of the exhausts.

Oh dear, better sell mine quick. :O

Very nice collection of 37s there Marcus.

Cheers, Bob.

Hi Bobster

Sorry for not replying earlier. Always think its good manners to respond to anybody who posts on your topic.

Thanks for the compliments. I do have a few more contemporary liveries on the loft layout. There's some pictures of those earlier on in the thread. There could be a small splash of DRS blue appearing soon though on KoLW.

Cheers

Marcus

Hi Bobster

Sorry for not replying earlier. Always think its good manners to respond to anybody who posts on your topic.

Thanks for the compliments. I do have a few more contemporary liveries on the loft layout. There's some pictures of those earlier on in the thread. There could be a small splash of DRS blue appearing soon though on KoLW.

Cheers

Marcus

Thanks Marcus - Taking my time getting through your thread - Lots of reading there - I'll be taking a leaf out of your book in a few weeks time, I'm having a drive of a Class 20 at Swanage, any tips greatly appreciated :yes:

Cheers, Bob.

Update - Oops, looks like I spoke too soon Marcus - the LT Class 20 due to go to Swanage has now been cancelled, will now be a Class 33. 

Thanks Marcus - Taking my time getting through your thread - Lots of reading there - I'll be taking a leaf out of your book in a few weeks time, I'm having a drive of a Class 20 at Swanage, any tips greatly appreciated :yes:

Cheers, Bob.

Best tip I can give you is don't leave your cup of tea on the opposite driving desk to which your driving from. The power controllers are interlinked so as you open the one on the one desk the other will take out your cuppa quite nicely. Apart from that you'll have a great time I'm sure. Great little engines with plenty of noise.

Which one are you driving? I believe 227 is going, which is one of the loco's I've driven, although we haven't had it for ages.

Cheers

Marcus

Best tip I can give you is don't leave your cup of tea on the opposite driving desk to which your driving from. The power controllers are interlinked so as you open the one on the one desk the other will take out your cuppa quite nicely. Apart from that you'll have a great time I'm sure. Great little engines with plenty of noise.

Which one are you driving? I believe 227 is going, which is one of the loco's I've driven, although we haven't had it for ages.

Cheers

Marcus

Hi Marcus

Thanks for the advice - It was going to be 227, but that has now been cancelled due to proposed RMT strike action - Will now be a Class 33.

Cheers, Bob.

Hi Neil

I have been doing a bit today. Decided to have a go at some landscape gardening around the tunnel mouth. It has looked a bit bare for a while now so I had got some clump foliage, grass tufts, gorse bushes and some sea moss left over so I thought I would have a go. Also I have added a few more rocks as well as I wanted that rugged feel. Still wants a bit more doing to it but it's getting there. Quite fancy some hikers somewhere along the way.

Anyway thought I would add a quick "before" picture as well.

Before...........

post-18515-0-91164600-1398597234.jpg

After..............

post-18515-0-38177000-1398597282.jpg

post-18515-0-24539600-1398597337.jpg

post-18515-0-07703400-1398597376.jpg

Apart from doing this I have been having a bit of "modellers block" recently. Does anyone else have this problem. Think I need to sit down with a pen and paper and just study the layout. It's all the little details that need to be done now it's just trying to think of them all. Incidentally does anyone know who makes the old style, stencil type, speed boards as I would like to use these in preference to the newer style speed boards.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers

Marcus

Hi Neil

I have been doing a bit today. Decided to have a go at some landscape gardening around the tunnel mouth. It has looked a bit bare for a while now so I had got some clump foliage, grass tufts, gorse bushes and some sea moss left over so I thought I would have a go. Also I have added a few more rocks as well as I wanted that rugged feel. Still wants a bit more doing to it but it's getting there. Quite fancy some hikers somewhere along the way.

Anyway thought I would add a quick "before" picture as well.

Before...........

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

After..............

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Apart from doing this I have been having a bit of "modellers block" recently. Does anyone else have this problem. Think I need to sit down with a pen and paper and just study the layout. It's all the little details that need to be done now it's just trying to think of them all. Incidentally does anyone know who makes the old style, stencil type, speed boards as I would like to use these in preference to the newer style speed boards.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers

Marcus

Hi Marcus

Although building the layout is interesting I cannot wait to go back over it all and add those 'finer details'

You are doing a great job, I hope mine is half as good as yours when it's done. It is never finished though is it.   :no:

PJ

Archived