Kyle Of Lochwilliam

Marcus 37

Some awesome pics there! Loving all the class 37s! Joe.

Thanks Joe. As you can probably tell, yes I like my 37s.

Here's a couple more I took tonight.

I've touched the steps in on the poles so now they just want a good weathering.........

post-18515-0-57220400-1406059303_thumb.jpg

20118 catches the late evening sun as it arrives light engine with 20096

post-18515-0-87746800-1406058825_thumb.jpg

37156 arrives with empty Alumina tanks

post-18515-0-89063900-1406059019_thumb.jpg

37229 arriving with a rake of autoballasters.

Some cracking shots there Marcus, and the telegraph poles look great. Love the shot with the sunlight through the trees[/quot
Some cracking shots there Marcus, and the telegraph poles look great. Love the shot with the sunlight through the trees

Thanks Al

That's the trouble with where the layout is situated I only get the sun late in the evening as it's against a North facing window. In the winter I don't even get that. So thought I would get the photo whilst the opportunity presented itself.

The telegraph poles are getting there. Just need some suitable weathering now.

Cheers

Marcus

• 3 weeks later...

Unfortunately it's all a bit barren on the modelling front at the moment, but I couldn't resist posting some photo's of this little beauty. Especially when my wife took pity on me and took £60.00 out of her purse and said go on treat yourself. It must of been my forlorn looking face when I saw they had been released. I had promised that I would get one after we had come back from our family holiday. (That's when I was expecting them to be released) At the rate they are selling I think it would have been to late!!

Any way here she is below having a run out with 37025.

post-18515-0-49059600-1407846725.jpg

post-18515-0-97704900-1407846768.jpg

post-18515-0-21998600-1407846798.jpg

post-18515-0-17231100-1407847376.jpg

I can understand why Bachmann have been careful with the numbers of these produced as it's something your unlikely to want more than one of. But I noticed the Liverpool and Sheffield box shifters have already sold out and my local model shop where I purchased mine was down to his last two. Seems there may be a few disappointed people out there shortly. A bit like the Polybulk situation.

Another thing I will say, it may seem the price is a bit steep but the detailing is absolutely exquisite and for a one off in the collection it is definitely worth it.

Hopefully there'll still be some Blue & Grey 101s kicking about when I get back from our hols. I don't think the forlorn looking face will wash with that one LOL!!

Cheers

Marcus.

Hi Marcus, some great pics there mate, very nice, I do like the Blue period, its when I first started watching trains, Aug 1977, a very good year but HATED BR Blue back then, thought it was boring so ended up modeling German, Swiss and Austrian for the colour and Fleismann running qualities etc.

All the best.

Bodge.

• 3 weeks later...

Unfortunately it's all a bit barren on the modelling front at the moment, but I couldn't resist posting some photo's of this little beauty. Especially when my wife took pity on me and took £60.00 out of her purse and said go on treat yourself. It must of been my forlorn looking face when I saw they had been released. I had promised that I would get one after we had come back from our family holiday. (That's when I was expecting them to be released) At the rate they are selling I think it would have been to late!!

Any way here she is below having a run out with 37025.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

I can understand why Bachmann have been careful with the numbers of these produced as it's something your unlikely to want more than one of. But I noticed the Liverpool and Sheffield box shifters have already sold out and my local model shop where I purchased mine was down to his last two. Seems there may be a few disappointed people out there shortly. A bit like the Polybulk situation.

Another thing I will say, it may seem the price is a bit steep but the detailing is absolutely exquisite and for a one off in the collection it is definitely worth it.

Hopefully there'll still be some Blue & Grey 101s kicking about when I get back from our hols. I don't think the forlorn looking face will wash with that one LOL!!

Cheers

Marcus.

Really nice pictures. Sorry not posted before. Have been having a massive spring summer clean. Been going round the house finding what could do with fixing or replacing. Before the bad weather arrives.

• 1 month later...

I know your really busy helping your friend, just popperdin to say hi, hope you are all well.

Hi Folks

Sorry haven't been around for a while. Unfortunately one of my best friends, best man at my wedding and friend of 30 years, has had an unexpected health problem recently. Unfortunately most of my free time is taken up at the moment trying to help him as much as I can. He is starting to get better but it could still be a while yet before he is fully fit. Until then the modelling is on the back burner for the time being.

Jaz, thank you for the kind thoughts and yes I am well in myself along with Di & Anthony. Hope you, Kal and the rest of the family are well too.

See you soon

Marcus.

Hi Marcus

Sorry to hear of your current issues and nice to hear that you are there to help and be with a friend in need.... I'm sure we all understand that there are 'times of unforeseen circumstances that befall us all' from time to time.

We are here for you buddy...

Jamie

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Folks

Just popped in for a quick look round while I've got 5 mins. Thanks for all the kind words. My mate is now well on the road to recovery so hopefully normal service will resume shortly.

Thanks again

Regards

Marcus

Hi Marcus

Brilliant news, friends, family and health must always come first.

Take care of yourself also.

Kind regards

PJ

Hi Marcus, Wondered where you'd been, friends are as important as family, we all need them, hope to see you back in full swing soon mate.

Thanks Andy.

Hopefully normal service will resume shortly. There's even some telegraph poles in the paint shop at the moment ready to complete the phone lines down to the station.

Just going to order some of those speed restriction signs as well from Ten Commandments as you recommended sometime back.

Regards

Marcus.

Archived