Kyle Of Lochwilliam

Marcus 37

• 3 weeks later...

Hello There

Although not on the forum much just lately I've still been grabbing a few minutes modelling time here and there.

I've mainly be concentrating on some small detail items. This have included finishing off the speed signage, point motors, point heaters, signal telephones and last but not least AWS ramps. It's been a bit of midnight oil burning as I've been painting them at 1.00 in the morning when I get in from work. Good thing being is that I can give them a second coat in the morning when I get up before going back to work. Anyway a couple of photos of the above placed on the layout in situ.

post-18515-0-78028700-1417959528.jpg

Before anyone says the AWS ramp is the wrong side of the signal it's actually for the 25mph restriction entering the station.

post-18515-0-01150500-1417959552.jpg

This image shows a few of the added items including point motors and heaters.

Note the Bachmann P Way guys surveying. Think they might be checking my base boards are still flat!

Cheers for now

Marcus

Thanks Andy

Yes you're right its the little details that make all the difference. Thanks for your advice some time ago about the speed signs. As you can see I've got them all in situ now. I agree with you about the material, they do seem to be quite robust. I must admit I've been looking around at work for ideas of how to improve on the smaller details. For instance I was down in the yard at Wembley the other day where there's some pretty complex point work. I noticed that all the point heater cabinets were all located in one position rather than by each individual set of points.

so I incorporated that idea at the end of platform one on the layout.

Just got to decide what to tackle next now.

Cheers

Marcus

Hello There

Although not on the forum much just lately I've still been grabbing a few minutes modelling time here and there.

I've mainly be concentrating on some small detail items. This have included finishing off the speed signage, point motors, point heaters, signal telephones and last but not least AWS ramps. It's been a bit of midnight oil burning as I've been painting them at 1.00 in the morning when I get in from work. Good thing being is that I can give them a second coat in the morning when I get up before going back to work. Anyway a couple of photos of the above placed on the layout in situ.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Before anyone says the AWS ramp is the wrong side of the signal it's actually for the 25mph restriction entering the station.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

This image shows a few of the added items including point motors and heaters.

Note the Bachmann P Way guys surveying. Think they might be checking my base boards are still flat!

Cheers for now

Marcus

The speed signs look good Marcus

Did you buy them or make them?

Comments and suggestions will be very helpful

They look really good

PJ

The speed signs look good Marcus

Did you buy them or make them?

Comments and suggestions will be very helpful

They look really good

PJ

Hi PJ

They're from Ten Commandments mate. They are made of plastic and need painting but they are quite durable.

Definitely recommend them.

http://www.cast-in-stone.co.uk/shop/index.htm

Cheers

Marcus

Many thanks Marcus

I have ordered two packs.

I will prime them as suggested before painting, would you suggest Humbrol paints?

I am not into the finer detail on my layout yet as I have so much going on with the building but, I am always looking out for things I think will make the layout that bit more like real life and the speed signs looked spot on.

I ordered some rain water gulleys for the road and other bits as well.

Thanks again

PJ

I'll see what I can do at the weekend mate.

I'm over your neck of the woods tomorrow. The Eastleigh to Stud Farm bulk ballast empties are routed via Branston and Moira tomorrow. Rare chance to see something other than the S Stock moves over the west end of the Coalville branch.

Should be through there about 13:30.

Cheers

Marcus

I'll see what I can do at the weekend mate.

I'm over your neck of the woods tomorrow. The Eastleigh to Stud Farm bulk ballast empties are routed via Branston and Moira tomorrow. Rare chance to see something other than the S Stock moves over the west end of the Coalville branch.

Should be through there about 13:30.

Cheers

Marcus

Thanks Marcus, but I'm at the Tutbury Jinny tomorrow, maybe another day

Cheers.

Runs Thursday as well mate. On it again. What's the Tutbury Jinny like, as I've never been there?

Aladins Cave, if you want it, from Tin Plate, Three Rail, Modern Bachmann / Hornby, Farish, Woodlands Scenics Gaugemaster etc, loads of second hand and new, plus limited edition Dapol Bass / Worthington Vans etc.

Archived