Kyle Of Lochwilliam

Marcus 37

Nice restriction signs Marcus. Question, now excuse my ignorance, but which ones are the point heaters, A or B??????attachicon.gifPoint heaters.jpgThanks in advance for the helpJinty ;-)

Hi Jinty

As ess1uk has correctly posted above the point heaters are "B". I've posted a couple of pictures on you're thread of the real thing for reference. These items are made by Knightwing. You get 10 in a pack as well as 4 line side telephones. Out in the real world there appears to be no set positions for this cabinets as long as they are somewhere in the vicinity of the actual points.

Cheers

Marcus

The speed signs look good Marcus

Did you buy them or make them?

Comments and suggestions will be very helpful

They look really good

PJ

Hi Marcus

I got some of the speed signs from Ten Commandments, they are thin plastic.  Did you fix them to thicker plastic to make them a little more rigid?

Thanks for your help

PJ

Hi, just popped in to wish you and the family a very 

MERRY CHRISTMAS.

​won't get time to read and catch up today. Even tho the last pictures were as you say a tad dark they still expressed that you are getting on. Hope you have a really nice Xmas, pass my wishes to D and A.

Thanks Jaz and Al

A very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year too you two.

Jaz, say hello to Kal and the family and hope you enjoy the festive period.

Al, yep we'll definitely meet up again next year. Might have to bring some diesels with me next time and bring Bakewell into the eighties for the day. That'll get Cav excited. Have a great. Christmas mate. See you soon.

And to everyone else who pops in to the thread hope you have a cracking Christmas and prosperous New Year.

Regards

Marcus

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Hello Marcus,

Where have you bought the signs of speed like the photo ?

I do not manage to find them...

Thank you very much.

Hi Module

Type Cast-in-Stone into your search engine and that should take you to the Ten Commandments website. Then select the catalogue and look for line side detailing. Their in there mate.

Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Cheers

Marcus

I find the web site easily but after i don't know where searching... or i dont find these item  :scratchhead:

Hi Module,

Go to the site   .......    click on "Catalogue"    .......    at the top right will appear  some black silhouette trains and you should click the "OO" train.....

Near the middle of the next page is a picture, labelled - 

"Buffers, lineside

clutter and

relay boxes"  ....   click that one  ...

Now you have to click the previous/ "Next"  ...   "Next"   ....until you get to the last page and the Signs are near the bottom of the page

Julian

Hi Module,

Go to the site   .......    click on "Catalogue"    .......    at the top right will appear  some black silhouette trains and you should click the "OO" train.....

Near the middle of the next page is a picture, labelled - 

"Buffers, lineside

clutter and

relay boxes"  ....   click that one  ...

Now you have to click the previous/ "Next"  ...   "Next"   ....until you get to the last page and the Signs are near the bottom of the page

Julian

Thanks Julian for that, I was in a fast car to Brush Traction so couldn't respond. One more trip back to Brum with a couple of 170s and that's me done for Chrimbo.

Merry Christmas to your and your family mate. have a goodun.

Cheers

Marcus

Sorry, I try again, but i dont find...  :huh:

Model shops

Suppliers...

Events... 

Etc...

I wonder if it's something to do with being in France whether the website shows up differently perhaps. Julian's explanations are spot on as I've just tried them.

Cheers

Marcus

Thanks Julian for that, I was in a fast car to Brush Traction so couldn't respond. One more trip back to Brum with a couple of 170s and that's me done for Chrimbo.

Merry Christmas to your and your family mate. have a goodun.

Cheers

Marcus

Merry Christmas and a good rest to you and all your family too  ...    :sungum:  :sungum:

Well I hope everybody's had a great Christmas and looking forward to the New Year. I have had a few days on the layout amongst the drinking and eating so I thought I would post up a few pictures. I was lucky enough to get some new bits and pieces for the layout which are included.

First up Is 26003 with an FTG models SPA wagon in tow stabled at the end of the run round loop head shunt. The wagon was a Christmas present and very nice it is too. Look forward to the Dutch version arriving in the next batch.

post-18515-0-51985400-1419972755.jpg

Next we have 26006 stabled on the engine holding siding whilst 26046 runs round it's train.

Some detailing has been going on in this area with point motors, line side telephone, point heater cabinet and equipment cabinets being added. Ive also added some greenery which still needs to be completed with some grass tufts and also flocks added to the clump foliage to give a bit of variety.

post-18515-0-21231900-1419973117.jpg

Here we see our resident 08 shunting an assortment of wagons into the engineers siding. Unlike Network Rail we were fully functioning again on Boxing Day HaHa.

post-18515-0-58700900-1419973476.jpg

Now the main Chrimbo Pressy. I thought it was high time our poor Black 5 had some help on the Jacobite services so along came a nice Standard 4 2-6-0 to help out. Since the wife bought this the K1 has arrived so hopefully I shall get one of these as well to really lighten the load. The preserved 76079 did a season on the Jacobite so it seemed like an ideal addition as I do have a particular fondness of BR standards.

post-18515-0-87190600-1419974147.jpg

37427 arrives with an empty china clay train. The second wagon behind the loco was the final rolling stock present, a JIA CovHop wagon from Kernow's.

post-18515-0-26326600-1419974453.jpg

Had a couple of packs of Bachmann figures as well which have come in handy. Not sure the lookouts doing his job properly here though as 47535 leaves the tunnel.

post-18515-0-80910600-1419974577.jpg

Another shot of 47535 as it heads towards the station with the inspection salon in tow. Obviously the powers that be were out on a Christmas jolly!!

post-18515-0-48157200-1419974870.jpg

The other pack of figures were the shoppers. Obviously back to catch the train after the Boxing Day sales. Included in the pack is the rather nice couple with the pram seen here. Nice to see Bachmann being politically correct with dad pushing the pram. LOL.

post-18515-0-32650500-1419975072.jpg

47535 pretending to be a Shove Duff departing the station propelling the observation car.

post-18515-0-61647500-1419975322.jpg

37678 exits the tunnel with empty alumina tanks. Again more little items added such as the telephone cabinets.

post-18515-0-55269600-1419975554.jpg

Another shot of 37678. I've also added some Wills concrete trunking to the line side to see what it looked like. I think another packs going to be in order..........

post-18515-0-39604800-1419975790.jpg

The Standard 4 makes its inaugural run on the Jacobite making a spirited departure from the station.

post-18515-0-05364000-1419975914.jpg

37035 enters the station with a loaded aluminium ingot train to run round before heading back south. The empty SPA is heading back in the consist.

post-18515-0-08282000-1419976124.jpg

And finally a shot of 37416 departing for the paper mill with loaded China Clay wagons.

post-18515-0-66454700-1419976420.jpg

A bit of a mammoth post there, but it's been nice to have a few days working on and operating the layout.

All that's left to say is have a Very Happy and Prosperous New Year.

All the best.

Marcus.

• RMweb Gold

looking good marcus, i was hoping to lock myself in the shed over the next few days and crack on with stuff but i've been roped into doing 2 bescot to hinkseys on new years day and the coal from didcot to return home on the 2nd!!

the 2 x class 26 pic looks great btw

Archived