Arboretum Valley - Invasion of the Daleks

Kal

I have just today decided to make these up....although they were discussed in 'another place' which led to some friendly banter about our more forthright critics.

med_gallery_17883_3113_74701.jpgrmweb533stocks1

Anyways at long last I am making them for the layout. 

The friendly critic in question sadly did not come across to RMweb with us. So this will be his epitaph. :jester:  (in the fullness of time, of course)

• Like 2

I must admit the new police house is a far more interesting building to model as the original building dates from 1543 although modified in 1740.  Should you require dimensions and detail photos I can provide them for the "new building" there are some advantages to living next door to it.

• Like 1

Em... I think the ladies would have some problems with the flap-thingy :O

(Doesn't bare thinking about :nono: )

It's called a fall front.  Trust me I know my leather pants.

And on a different note it's a little bit dark for photos now, it's a job for tomorrow

Edited by Boris

Hey

Welcome back Boris.

Dangerous mentioning you live close by, I have so many questions about bits we cannot make out from google and photos and videos.

A number of friends have helped, including MKWolf and Silky Jack, who even captured a few of the more un photographed areas and shared them.

I do not expect you to take photos of course, but if you might know the answer to some of our more tricky elements that would be cool.

Boris I on the other hand....am much more cheeky :sungum:

No problem in you own time, I always have a queue of items I can attack. And will be very grateful for anything you happen to be able to source for us. And the other Goalthand modellers.

Although while you have the camera to hand. ........ :jester:

Can I ask some questions? We are doing the bridge at the signal box / water tower end, is there a record anywhere of the real sizes??? Am I right that you do or did have access to all the station area?

A couple of photographs of behind the sleeping coaches, for the purposes of modelling the back wall, inc the old quarrying,of where the track was if it is still possible to discern, of a view from the water tower to the bridge, and anything else that pops into your line of vision.

We would love to 'see' just exactly what occurs where the water tower goes down to the water and across......plus if you are able bodied and ever go up the hill behind Goathland, we would love some pictures, of the river and the items that normally people don't focus on. (OMG can't believe how much scope that gives to the High Priest of the God of Mischief)

We model as it is  TODAY, and are trying to as accurately as possible represent the road bridge back to wards the station to the start of the de/incline at the other end.

Thanking you in advance. 

Edited by Jaz

Well feel a bit like myself again, or at least I think this is me.  :senile:

I was hoping to go to the show at Stafford, but was so knacked after my flight back, it went to the wall.

Spent all weekend reorganising my storage boxes into ERA/operating company.

Glad that is over

I'll get you some photos of back walls etc, that's easy enough, I'll also include the surviving NER buffer stops as well.  The inspection area near the Pelton wheel is quite interesting, leave it with me and I'll get you some.  The police house I can do tomorrow, the station may be later in the week.

• Like 1

Boris

These might help to show where we are coming from 

View from the road, the bridge to our right is the one we are about to model

med_gallery_17883_2878_441738.jpgrmweb231goalthland10

The carpark area, and the river behind

med_gallery_17883_2878_645499.jpgrmweb230goathlnad9

view across the tracks

med_gallery_17883_2878_273744.jpgrmweb232Goathlnad11

along the tracks

med_gallery_17883_2878_39381.jpgrmweb229goathland8

along the tracks crossing the river

med_gallery_17883_2878_229666.jpgrmweb228goathland7

across the tracks and the walk up the hill

med_gallery_17883_2878_456011.jpgrmweb2276

med_gallery_17883_2878_422546.jpgrmeb226goathland5

med_gallery_17883_2878_39358.jpgrmweb225goathland4

from the hillside behind

med_gallery_17883_2878_489614.jpgrmweb224goathland3

• Like 3

So this will be his epitaph.

Ouch..!!!!

but was so knacked after my flight back,

Kick, the armflapping Economy Class......go business class,sit,   next to the pilot, you might get to have a go.............

reorganising my storage boxes into ERA/operating company

.You sure, it's not A&E, era............

:tomato: ..ok, am gone.................

p.s. nice work............

Epitath.....Hey I did say in the future,,,only because I probably won't see him again. Which is a shame.....you know when we left he pmed to say he would miss us, and any chance we would change our mind and come back. He more than anyone really made me look at how we modelled.  He might not have been very diplomatic....but he certainly had an eye.

A friend gave us a roller...........

We plan to do a cameo of him with it

No not a rolls Royce a Bomag....Jonas will be rolling new tarmac.........No that's not him

21_62_18---Bomag-BW120AD-3--compact-tandfreefoto.com

007.JPG?scale=both&width=310&height=310rocketrentals.co.uk

med_gallery_17883_3114_181458.jpgrmweb581roller1

med_gallery_17883_3114_606078.jpgrmweb582roller2

Edited by Jaz

S O S

Can anyone please help I am trying to find a picture of the flag the railway engineers use when they need to warn other workers, i.e. the chequered flag. Has anyone got a picture or a link to one??? I can't paint what I can find, my guy is presently holding a yellow flag (which i thought was awarding sign DOH)

S O S

Can anyone please help I am trying to find a picture of the flag the railway engineers use when they need to warn other workers, i.e. the chequered flag. Has anyone got a picture or a link to one??? I can't paint what I can find, my guy is presently holding a yellow flag (which i thought was awarding sign DOH)

If I remember I will take a picture of mine in the morning.

I've a few pictures of NYMR in my gallery that may be of use to you also?

No problem.

I often take pictures for surveys and the odd one for reference.

Hope they are of use.

There are a couple of old pictures of Peterborough taken just after the wires went up with HST/class91 combo in my gallery somewhere so you can see just how much the station has changed with most of the depot now car park :(

• Like 1