Arboretum Valley - Invasion of the Daleks

Kal

Yes your quite right, that is the back of a GPLS.

Now I thought we might have a little quiz. Does anybody know what this is. I am sure New Bryford (Mick) will know.

The clue is they are normally found on sharp curves and they are actually quite common.attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Answers on a post card please.

Cheers

Marcus

It is an emergency port-a-loo just incase you take the corner toooooo. Faaaasssst! :jester:

• RMweb Premium

Now I thought we might have a little quiz. Does anybody know what this is. I am sure New Bryford (Mick) will know.

The clue is they are normally found on sharp curves and they are actually quite common.

Answers on a post card please.

Cheers

Marcus

Marcus

is the item in the picture a track-side lubricator to apply grease to the track / wheels?

There's nothing wrong with a well lubricated flange...................... :tease:  

Cheers,

Mick

It is an emergency port-a-loo just incase you take the corner toooooo. Faaaasssst! :jester:

Kal, I like your answer, but unfortunately Jc got it in one. He is quite correct in is a flange Lubricator.

Although, Kal, I can't say it's never been done!!

Cheers

Marcus

• RMweb Premium

It's too clean, surely it should be browner than that?

Cheers,

Mick

There's nothing wrong with a well lubricated flange...................... :tease:

Cheers,

Mick

Hmmm, interesting. But...? Does that come from taking the corner too fast? ;) Edited by Kal

Well i am no train driver, but if i was..... Then two places i would never need my flange greasing would be sharp corners, and down shap on a leafy autumn day

Edited by Kal
  • Like 1

Apparently  ............

Cool, but despite that you still get that squeeking.

How is it triggered,

.............  flange lubrication may not always be   ............................  entirely successful in keeping everything quiet   ............    ;)   

PS.  If you still need to know how it is triggered   .....   PM me  ....    :secret:  

Apparently  ............

.............  flange lubrication may not always be   ............................  entirely successful in keeping everything quiet   ............    ;)   

PS.  If you still need to know how it is triggered   .....   PM me  ....    :secret:

Are you free, Mr Humphries?

Many years ago, I started teaching PE at a new school   ................  [well it was new to me ] and used to wear Gymnastic trousers to teach Gym [the logic is too easy]

The Yr 11 boys class started to squeak their trainers across the wooden floor, in reference to the [then] unfashionably close fitted trousers ....  [it was the Shell-Suit era].

The next lesson, I was ready for them  ............   I started to show them some stuff on the Vaulting horse   :training:   and simply stopped, stood on top, as the squeaking reached a crescendo   ......   turned to look at the group and quietly said "You are all wrong".  ..................  

............   They was a pause as they hadn't expected a confrontation   ...............   reaching into the pocket of my tracksuit top, I produced a tin of WD 40  ....   let them get a good look, said no more and placed it back in the pocket then carried on the lesson  ......

...............   strangely, I got no more trouble from that lot   .....    ;)

• Like 1

Good question, and unfortunately you've stumped me. I honestly don't know. I presume it's because they normally control movements in the opposite direction to the normal flow of traffic so they can't be confused with main aspect signals. However I do know a few locations where they are actually on posts. This is usually leaving yards or sidings. I suppose you'll want a picture of one of those now. LOL.

Nice one Juke box. I like your sense of humour.

Marcus

Ground signals

The poor guy in the box is their fallen comrade. One Sunday lunch they all agreed if anyone 'passed' the others should attend the funeral in full gear and with music. The guy in the horses head is some ex Italian Don. Who can't afford to have his picture taken. Anyways poor Richard kicked the bucket two weeks a go, today is his funeral. And the women in suitable clothing will appear over a period of time. 

As and when I get the Goathland Village green in front of the shops sorted, they plan to do a dirge as a memorial.  The musicians are playing it now. But in respesct that they are at church they are not singing the words....yet. 

• Like 1

The poor guy in the box is their fallen comrade. One Sunday lunch they all agreed if anyone 'passed' the others should attend the funeral in full gear and with music. The guy in the horses head is some ex Italian Don. Who can't afford to have his picture taken. Anyways poor Richard kicked the bucket two weeks a go, today is his funeral. And the women in suitable clothing will appear over a period of time. 

As and when I get the Goathland Village green in front of the shops sorted, they plan to do a dirge as a memorial.  The musicians are playing it now. But in respesct that they are at church they are not singing the words....yet. 

Though it was a Mini..Box Boat.. ........... Nautical Slang, for Container Ship............. :drag:

• Like 1

I have been moving boxes around, and as I went I have come across a couple of small items that I forgot I have, only just little line side details. But more for the grist. i'll pop them out and out some pictures....as I do  :sungum: ..... :jester:

• Like 1

With the funeral on the other side of the church, I am consider the funeral is am and pm they are due to have a church bazaar.

med_gallery_17883_3001_663779.jpgrmweb1788heartbeat2

med_gallery_17883_3001_729412.jpgrmweb1787heartbeat1

I am also considering a farm stall

med_gallery_17883_3001_484650.jpgrmweb1789heartbeat3

• Like 3

Another from Marcus 37

msg-18515-0-11257500-1399235209.jpg

manual point lever.

Now i get that this is to swop from one track to another via the point (not a complete numpty me  :jester: )but I still have a question of two,

are these manual levers left overs from an older time.....or are there cases when manual levels are still built. Say for back up purposes. Or do they now have some smart kit that can jump start a point that is not working? One assumes redundancy costs money. But break downs occur. So is there some special equipment they use in an emergency?

W are due to test the track...soon, and considering i weathered a bunch of it at Kalborough a week or two ago....I am hoping the locos can get through there ok .....otherwise at least one of us is likely to suffer from a case of hysterics.......