Arboretum Valley - Invasion of the Daleks

Kal

It was my mum who was the zealot in our family. As a result my sister and I have no past, except in our heads.

I came back from my first term at college to find my room had been cleaned out and my S/H 0 gauge Hornby electric LMS compound and later new Trix twin (but with only one 0-4-0 black LMS tank) all gone.

Later, when I returned from working abroad, all my College and after portfolios had likewise all gone.

My sister enjoys recalling how all my mum had really wanted was a litter of black Labradors. Not surprising my psychotherapist wife likes dining out on all this stuff :-(

dh

Kals mum did the same everything he ever had a child gone........

I have bought him all sorts to replace things he had or things he would have liked.

Service as per normal for 1:1 then  ........    :jester:  :jester: 

Kalboro...all that track and not a train in sight......

med_gallery_17883_2760_279830.jpg3927

well maybe off in the far distance

something there just out of focus

to be honest up close the coupling is a dead giveaway

66702 has derailed!

Have you got a recovery train or will you have to call the hand from above? :)

Also that bloke next to the 56 is brave being in the 6 foot!

And I take your point over the bloke......a train must cause some serious 'drag'. I have noticed when on the motorway that large lorries can cause 'drag' when they pass you or you pass them.....In fact I have had 3 incidents where the big boys have hit me!!! One let me out in to traffic and a couple of minutes later  tail ended me!!!!! another pushed me off the road at a roundabout catching me with the middle where he front and back wheels were in lane but the body had crossed into my lane...it pushed me up against a metal rail....I raced after him......he did stop....surprisingly he had not marked my car....not even a scratch.....just shoved it up on the kerb........ I know there was 3 but never remember the other incident. anyway there must be a drag potential....I will move him to a safer spot....

This was Kals Christmas present from my dad

med_gallery_17883_2760_509320.jpg3911

he took it out of the box to put it on the layout for me to photograph and dropped a bit.......i am just about to go search for it....wish me luck!!!!!!

The missing part is elusive at the moment as is not unusual with small pieces ;(. I daresay I will find it when one of us stands on it and crushes it!!!!!!!

It's not so much the drag, but if another train was to come down the other line he would be hit.

Actually he should be in the cess anyway.

It is "interesting" being stood in the cess when a 125 goes past at full line speed.

• Like 1

I usually see a 150 everyday, not the greatest looking things but looks like a nice model

if you happen to have photograph i would be interested, but not if it is a lot of trouble.

I was checking out your thread just today your work standard has improved immensely recently clearly having the opportunity to show at Warley resulted in you really focusing on the layout, superb effort.

When you finish schooling and college/uni you might want to look around and use your work to see if you could move into do mockup for scenery for architects etc, checking out of course that it still has a reasonable standard of pay and a future considering that computer imaging has taken over a lot of the market.

Edited by Jaz

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/gallery/image/50981-dmus/ It's an old one and  with a 153 as I havent transferred all my pics onto the laptop yet

And thanks, Warley did focus me but I'll only be doing limited modelling until the summer due to exams; I've started revising now. I've never though about that line of work, might be worth looking in to

There won't be much posted today as it is a family birthday.....mine to be precise.....and yes I always say I WAS born on a Friday.......but actually wasn't LOL.

Not being very superstitious, I love black cats, although I don't walk under ladders.....eventually your just gonna get wet.....LOL.

• Like 6

Happy Birthday Jaz, and may all your presents be good ones, :senile:  :senile:  and not the usual BORING pants and socks :O  :jester: , hahhaha

I used to love it when my wife's birthday came around, a good excuse to visit Anne Summers Shops, :nono:  :nono:  :nono:  never BOUGHT ANYTHING, JUST AN EXCUSE TO GO IN, ahhahahha

Have a good one and STAY SOBER. :no:  :no: :no:

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 1

Happy Birthday Jaz, and may all your presents be good ones, :senile:  :senile:  and not the usual BORING pants and socks :O  :jester: , hahhaha

I used to love it when my wife's birthday came around, a good excuse to visit Anne Summers Shops, :nono:  :nono:  :nono:  never BOUGHT ANYTHING, JUST AN EXCUSE TO GO IN, ahhahahha

Have a good one and STAY SOBER. :no:  :no: :no:

I got a lovely gold  and garnet cluster ring, bit like a knuckle duster.....!!!!!!!! And have been told to find myself a nice jewellery box, I am thinking of a nice wooden one which can take my chunky stone necklaces and bracelets. ....

I have been out for a Chinese buffet.....and am now stufffffffffed........,,,,

• Like 5

attachicon.giflolcatbirthdayspanking.jpg

Now we're even for that "Cuff Round The Ear"...............

Happy Birthday

Have fun!

Sasquatch

another animal story. A friend had to move to the big smoke and asked us to take in their young cat....so I took her down the vets to get her down.....and was a advised we were too late....

so we ended up with 5!!!!!

Anyway the kittens were still young when one disappeared. I had two paper adverts with a picture, and a call out onto local radio. A woman with 4 children in the village contacted us.....if one child had not been frightened of the kitten i don't think we would have seen him again.....regardless we bought him home...put him down on the grass by the from door, his mum came bounding across rubbed both cheeks with hers (marking him I presume) then reared back and smacked him right round the chops......the caption in my opinion??? Where the 'ell have you been you dirty little stop out!!!!!!!! Wish i had it on video........

• Like 6