Arboretum Valley - Invasion of the Daleks

Kal

Happy birthday jazz, hope your family treats u well on your birthday  as mine did  . my eight month old neice bought me lovely train tuff for her uncle  ( thats the excuse i used when i went to  england  and purchesed stuff ). i think mum was releaved when her mum said that her brother was using the baby for an excuse  but she did buy me an subscripition online so i guess ilka (my neice )got the hint or mummy and daddy did for Christmas :jester: .   

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

attachicon.gifIMG_3859 Arrive Chester.JPG

Chester

HAPPY BIRTHDAY

JAZ

Morning Jaz.

Hope you had a good day yesterday.

I dug out this pic of a 150 because I know you love atmospheric lighting.

I also notice a few other things such as the kids on their bikes, nicely highlighted under the canopy lights; their mate(?) in the hoodie (far left); and what I assume is a lighting pole on the buffer stop which appears to have a centre support for a lamp - would that be on the front face of the buffer or would it have been on the top before the high pole was erected?  I was in such a hurry to take the photo while dashing off to our connecting train that I didn't notice any of this.  I was just collecting evidence of all the trains we went on to get to Barrowhill and back!

Edited by southern42
  • Like 4

I had great birthday.And still have some cash to spend.

I spent some more time today looking for the elusive train part of  kals \xmas present and the little devil just can't be found. They need to make a walk in bubble with an air cushion to sit on so you can open trains and not lose the bits........

• Like 1

I had great birthday.And still have some cash to spend.

I spent some more time today looking for the elusive train part of  kals \xmas present and the little devil just can't be found. They need to make a walk in bubble with an air cushion to sit on so you can open trains and not lose the bits........

With all the ipads floating around, I would have thought,  "Apple air",would have one.

• RMweb Premium

I usually find tiny bits (and not so tiny bits)  fly off in the opposite direction to the one you thought you'd seen them go off in only to find them when you're looking for something else....so don't lose hope....not yet, anyway.

Off, now, to finish off some scarlet ribbons...

Hopefully, I won't need a headbanger.... :banghead:

or get my fingers superglued together  :tender:

• Like 1

I'm not sure Elephants and cars mix very well    ........

a sneak pre view of the safari area...

med_gallery_17883_3112_91413.jpg3944

The Tips of those Tusks ...

seem a Trifle Tinged ...

not - I Trust from a Tryst ...

with Trucks, or man on a Trike ...

T'would look Too Tragic ...

Telling of Tourists Tossed ...

over the Tops of a Triumph sports car ...

with the Teen-age Miss, sporting 2 big  ...................    plaits ...    :nono:

I spoke to our favorite Zambian holiday Barmen, one lunchtime and he looked somewhat shaken  .....    with reason, as it turned out.

The night previous he had gone with 3 other mates of his to a bar near the border with Zimbabwe   ..........    when they drove back to Livingstone later that night, they encountered a Herd of Pachyderms, minding their own business crossing said road. Being confidently full of Ale, they approached the Herd to see if they could dash through a gap between the members of the Herd  .....

Sadly not and they rather clumsily nudged the hind leg of one of them   .....   naturally it turned to see what had given it a push  and they decided that a rapid reverse was in order, being as how it didn't look entirely amused   .........   The Tusker gave chase and was clearly intent on revenge for the car   ...........    since it seemed to concentrate on the car - they decided to get out and run in different directions, to confuse the animal    .............

..........    failed  ...............   the Elephant was definitely focussed on the car and looked  at it for a few moments   ...   before turning it's back on the car and reversed over the bonnet, to sit squarely onto it  ....   one completely written off car   ........     :jester:  :jester:

Moral:-  When you see Elephants crossing, don't assume that there is a Trunk Road through   ........   

• Like 1

the hippo before...virgin plastic,

med_gallery_17883_3112_394541.jpg3934

theres two crocodiles both have a limb missing.....maybe in the stomachs of the other????

med_gallery_17883_3112_91007.jpg3935

the two together, the croc got more painting later

med_gallery_17883_3112_33206.jpg3943

ooops forgot this

med_gallery_17883_3112_431561.jpg3945

Edited by Jaz
  • Like 7

I decided to do a self portrait.... :angel: ..........

med_gallery_17883_3112_229676.jpg3938

med_gallery_17883_3112_227366.jpg3939

some leather brown 62

med_gallery_17883_3112_210787.jpg3942

some citadel gold

med_gallery_17883_3112_118684.jpg3951

a touch of citadel copper

med_gallery_17883_3112_41218.jpg3952

almost happy with the base colour

med_gallery_17883_3112_87280.jpg3953

• Like 5

I forgot to photograph the stripes as I was concentrating on getting them to a decent standard

med_gallery_17883_3112_472908.jpg3954

shame i didn't check the photograph!!!

luckily i took another afterwards

med_gallery_17883_3112_103612.jpg3955

med_gallery_17883_3112_17318.jpg3956

getting the smaller details took some repaints as the brush was just too big....

posed for sizing

med_gallery_17883_3112_118173.jpg3957

I often find you have to repaint a couple of times to get stuff looking ok,

repainting the base colour, then the top coats until the brush.... your dexterity.... and the paint all align to something you like.

Getting the white around the mouth and on the eyes, and then getting the black in place and the face not lopsided took a couple of attempts. The first time the eyes were not the same height!!! As the model does not have enough detail once the base coat is on. Still got there in the end. The stripes are like elongated diamonds...start thin widen out and then back to a point.

and I did think about the whiskers....if an idea springs to mind...i might still have a go.

a view of my original piece of artwork

med_gallery_17883_3112_293887.jpg

the whiskers here were achieved by NOT drawing them, i.e. gaps were left between the black areas

FYI The whole picture is framed and the glass gives an appearance of some streaks that are not actually on the picture. An old Esso advert was the inspiration for the cat.

Edited by Jaz
  • Like 6

Llhama

med_gallery_17883_3112_402567.jpg3937

the leather colour 62 Humbrol

med_gallery_17883_3112_389085.jpg3947

the first of several transparent overcoats

med_gallery_17883_3112_496476.jpg3948

until he was dark enough and the leather only just showing they, there was a photograph of a white faved version but I think the black fave one looks better on this model.

med_gallery_17883_3112_391062.jpg3949

med_gallery_17883_3112_381869.jpg3950

• Like 4

As these are now often pets, I think the coats look more like buffed poodles, when in the wild i suspect they look more lie straggly sheep or goats making the Airfix model with the long dangly fur not a bad model.

lhama.JPG

also rotoendomomentoes.blogspot

• Like 4

Ellie the Elephant.....

the babys

med_gallery_17883_3112_238013.jpg3876

the dad

my brother used to paint loads of Roman figures this would have had a box on top with archers but is long gone now

med_gallery_17883_3112_329315.jpg3877

I could just tear the cloth off......

BUT I want my animals for The Safari area where the trains run past, and the cars drive trough

........I want the animals for the Circus.......

Basically I want my cake and eat it......

And as you can see I can cheat on the photo....

Here ii is not obvious there is even a cloth on his back

med_gallery_17883_3112_91413.jpg3944

• Like 3

I use micro brushes 10 for 1.99£ and they last for ages. I still have the original pack and have had them for like a year. My are still unused.

457-01.jpg

https://www.expotools.com/acatalog/10-x-Fine-45701.html

I never knew they existed! sorry, deleted last. Forgot I can't type!

Pride!

Hal

EDIT: The enthusiasm of the mind gets ahead of the body!

Edited by HAL 'O THE WYND

I never knew they existed! sorry, deleted last. Forgot I can't type!

Pride!

Hal

EDIT: The enthusiasm of the mind gets ahead of the body!

It's not a problem, I have found since using these that I have much more control over the tip of the 'brush' for better detailing and have promoted them on several occasions here and on other thread and in pms. I think them well worthy of a bit of plugging, and have seen them on display at many shows. 

Never rub them hard, it takes the tips off, i dip them in eater then twist them over toilet paper to clean them, and even if you leave the paint on....oops....they can still be used. It gives a different technique / finish but still has a purpose.

I believe everyone that has tried them has found they have a use.

• Like 1