Lock keepers cottage and bridge Download from Saturday!

• RMweb Gold

Heads up.available to down load from tomorrow!

This just makes you want to try and fit a canal on the layout somewhere, what with the lock, narrow boats and now these!!!

Simply stunning, makes you wonder what the redesigns of the engine sheds will look like.

More views available on the Facebook page.

post-6745-0-37098000-1370007428_thumb.jpg

post-6745-0-77832400-1370007426_thumb.jpg

Cheers

Ian

Heads up.available to down load from tomorrow!

This just makes you want to try and fit a canal on the layout somewhere, what with the lock, narrow boats and now these!!!

Simply stunning, makes you wonder what the redesigns of the engine sheds will look like.

More views available on the Facebook page.

attachicon.giflock keepers cottage.JPG

attachicon.gifCanal bridge.JPG

Cheers

Ian

And the Facebook link is....

Khris

This is beautifully observed - I particularly like the building's asymmetry, with the bigger bedroom and the main living room to the left of the hall and staircase.

I guess it's based on a real building and lock - but where?

Ian

• 2 weeks later...

Having built the bridge, and now being up to about step 40 in the cottage, I have to say I am extremely impressed with the engineering design of these two kits. I'm building them in N, and have decided to fit lighting to the cottage to show off a little of the interior detail.

Cleverest trick so far - the rainwater downpipes. A very neat arrangement to not only provide straight strong downpipes, but also to draw the eyes away from the joins between walls. Very, very neat.

Again???

I didn't know you had stopped...

ATB

Shaun.

Hi, Shaun,

For various reasons I shall have to take down my layout, have stopped building Bear's End, and will be confining myself to commissions or articles for

magazines.

Hi, Nick,

"Cleverest trick so far - the rainwater downpipes. A very neat arrangement to not only provide straight strong downpipes, but also to draw the eyes away from the joins between walls. Very, very neat."

Yup, this is a clever move, I first found it on the 'Terraced House Backs' models which too is a goody.

Doug

Archived