The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Loosing it.

Sasquatch

• RMweb Premium

How come there are seven stanley knives here without any sharpe blades and no spares to be found! 

I know I've got thirty pencils, ten of which have run out of lead 19 are missing and the one in my work pants needs a good sharpen. 

As to which bits of this 27' bookcase have had two coats of varnish is anyones guess.

There are 4 mills and warehouses under construction for a 4th layout which will need a building that isn`t built yet.

But whats bugging me the most is where has Bachmann V2 Durham school got to.

Am I loosing it?

Or is this normal for model railway nuts??

• RMweb Premium

How come there are seven stanley knives here without any sharpe blades and no spares to be found! 

I know I've got thirty pencils, ten of which have run out of lead 19 are missing and the one in my work pants needs a good sharpen. 

As to which bits of this 27' bookcase have had two coats of varnish is anyones guess.

There are 4 mills and warehouses under construction for a 4th layout which will need a building that isn`t built yet.

But whats bugging me the most is where has Bachmann V2 Durham school got to.

Am I loosing it?

Or is this normal for model railway nuts??

The trick is to look for something completely different and then you will find your locomotive, however you will invariably fail to find the item that you are looking for.

The rest I can understand, but how do you lose a loco! :D Or is that what's coming for me... :O

I feel your pain - I have spent the better part of 3 days looking searching high and low for my MRC Syncro sound box   :scratchhead:  - it FINALLY turned up yesterday afternoon in the bottom of a box in the cupboard - not its own box, which I found empty at the start of the search - If I had started the search with that box, it would have saved considerable time, energy, and blue atmosphere - but it is the corollary to Murphy's second law - " it will always be in the last place you look! " :derisive:  :umbrage:   Now I have put it where it should be     :imsohappy:

• RMweb Premium

Last week I searched in vein to find 9 sheets of Ogauge brick work I knew that I`d brought of a chap. I checked all structures and layouts and could only account for 2 or three at most.

After giving up looking through all the obvious places I resorted to calming myself down by browsing RMweb. Then found it while posting some more pics of the layout under that dam viaduct. Perhaps I should look through all my recent pics for Durham school!

• RMweb Premium

Wiil tidy up this before SWMBO comes home and get high on varnish for the rest of the day.

attachicon.gifmess.JPG

Tidy up??

That's tidy for me.............

And I presume it's you and not SWMBO that is the varnish addict....

:jester:

Cheers,

Mick

• RMweb Gold

We are finishing off moving house... I've found all sorts of bits while we've been packing, but I know I won't now be able to find any of the bits that I knew the location of previously...

Andi

I looked for ages to find a screwdriver, only to find it a couple of days later when I was putting some stuff in a box to take to my club...

Invariably when you no longer need the screwdriver too. I usually find the previous item I have lost some time ago, whilst looking for the item I have just lost at the time.

• 2 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

Whilst packing up every thing to move house the V2 showed up in a warehouse on my shelf layout! I also came across two kit bashed factories and a scratch built ash hoist that I'd totally forgotten about. Not to mention a rake of unbuilt Dapol interfrigo vans, a tug boat and a whole box of Mrs. Sasquatches trees!

Archived