Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Locomotive portraits

chaz

• 2 weeks later...

Weird colours on a 37 in 2004 climbing to Llandullas.....

Weird lighting at Llandudno Junction in 2002. Don't paint yer rails that clour...!

Agree, but a candidate for the 'prototype for everything' section, perhaps?   :scratchhead:

Splendid pictures - thanks for posting.

Lovely shots but have they been scanned the wrong way round? Just looking at the hinges on the smokebox doors.....

Jon F.

My apologies for not having responded before, Jon. But you're right, and I hadn't noticed. I think I'll be able to improve that (and some other) shots when/if the negs come to hand; and of course to scan them the right way round. 

Cliff

Ca 1991, Two class BB66000 diesels pull a train out of the sidings at Caffiers, Pas-de-Calais. 

post-7286-0-91103900-1452800460_thumb.jpg

The Channel Tunnel was nearing completion and the track bed for the approaches was being prepared. I don't know anything about SNCF rolling stock; would these wagons be carrying ballast?

Picture re-photographed from a small print from my shot on a Canon AE1P. I'm not a diesel fan, but these locos are quite pretty from this angle and foreshortened by the zoom.

• Like 5

• RMweb Gold

A double portrait this one - my grandson can be seen in the cab. I remember seeing this little loco standing on Bleadon & Uphill Station as an exhibit in the short-lived Yieldingtree Museum. It can be seen there in this photo taken by our Highbridge GP and friend of my Father, Keith Coombes. http://www.ipernity.com/doc/philsutters/26455041

post-14351-0-95286700-1452876834_thumb.jpg

• Like 7