Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

The Forum Jokes Thread

Colin_McLeod
Message added by AY Mod,

Sexist, racist or religious jokes aren't funny - keep them to yourself!

The picture reminds me of one of Tony Hawks's stories (I think "One Hit Wonderland") where he was flying to the Netherlands to promote a music video in which he appeared as an elf with big curly shoes. Somebody challenged him to catch the flight in his full costume. After checking his luggage in (apart from hand luggage), he decided to visit the toilet, which was down a flight of stairs. Trouble was, having done what he needed to do, he couldn't climb back up the stairs as his shoes were too long....

• Like 1
  • Funny 6
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Gandhi, as you well know, walked barefoot most of the time, which produced an impressive set of calluses on his feet. H also ate very little, which made him rather frail, and with his odd diet, he suffered from bad breath. This made him a super calloused,  fragile, mystic, hexed by halitosis......

• Like 2
  • Craftsmanship/clever 2
  • Funny 10

No, but I heard about the computer game where Gandhi goes round dropping atom bombs all over the place owing to a programming error! The error became so well-known that even when the programmers figured out what the problem was, they didn't change it! 

1 hour ago, RJS1977 said:

Whatever happened to Gandhi? He made one great film and nobody heard anything more of him after that...

I also heard he invented the railway pump trolley. (Ghandi-dancer!)  :lol:

• Funny 2

2 hours ago, RJS1977 said:

Use a sherry bottle....

Normally a wine bottle at Mess, Dining -in nights.  A polite request to one of the Stewards would provide a suitably empty one, with suitably discrete delivery, by the feet.

Nope, I never did, but those with less voluminous bladders were grateful of the relief...  the alternative was a walk to the top table, to request leave to go to the  "Heads", in full view of the entire Officer contingent of the Stn...   to the accompaniment of community singing of, "We know where you're going...  !!"

Yep, hardly polite, completely adult  behaviour, but the exactitudes of the military sometimes get relief from less than sombre humour...   :boast:

Julian

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 2

2 hours ago, jbqfc said:

cake.jpg

Lets do this properly.  Birthdays are associated with Astrology, so the correct alignment should be as follows.

Date                Star Sign        Caterpillar

21/01-18/02    Aquarius        Clyde (Asda)
19/02-20/03    Pisces             Connie (M&S)
21/03-20/04    Aries               Charlie (CoOp)
21/04-21/05    Taurus            Cuthbert (Aldi)
22/05-21/06    Gemini            Curly (Tesco)
22/06-22/07    Cancer            Morris (Morrisons)
23/07-23/08    Leo                  Cecil (Waitrose)
24/08-22/09    Virgo               Colin (M&S)
23/09-23/10    Libra               Caterpillar (Homemade)
24/10-22/11    Scorpio          Creepy Colin (M&S)
23/11-21/12    Sagittarius     Wiggles (Sainsburys)
22/12-20/01    Capricorn      Christmas Colin (M&S)

I feel sorry for Libra having to make do with a home-made copy, I bet you'd rather have Cuthbert instead!  You will also note that with four "distinct" caterpillars, M&S seem to be flooding the market somewhat...

BREAKING NEWS!!!  The return of Cuthbert. Aldi cocks a snook at M&S!!!

Some clever bu@@er has decided that the star signs are out of alignment with "reality" and so they've all been bumped on a space and a leap sign, Ophiucus, inserted between Scorpio and Saggitarius. Why bother?  Its not as though astrology has any basis in the real world! So the above is based on the traditional usage.

Edited by Hroth
More stuff
  • Like 3

40 minutes ago, Hroth said:

Lets do this properly.  Birthdays are associated with Astrology, so the correct alignment should be as follows.

Date                Star Sign        Caterpillar

21/01-18/02    Aquarius        Clyde (Asda)
19/02-20/03    Pisces             Connie (M&S)
21/03-20/04    Aries               Charlie (CoOp)
21/04-21/05    Taurus            Cuthbert (Aldi)
22/05-21/06    Gemini            Curly (Tesco)
22/06-22/07    Cancer            Morris (Morrisons)
23/07-23/08    Leo                  Cecil (Waitrose)
24/08-22/09    Virgo               Colin (M&S)
23/09-23/10    Libra               Caterpillar (Homemade)
24/10-22/11    Scorpio          Creepy Colin (M&S)
23/11-21/12    Sagittarius     Wiggles (Sainsburys)
22/12-20/01    Capricorn      Christmas Colin (M&S)

I feel sorry for Libra having to make do with a home-made copy, I bet you'd rather have Cuthbert instead!  You will also note that with four "distinct" caterpillars, M&S seem to be flooding the market somewhat...

Some clever bu@@er has decided that the star signs are out of alignment with "reality" and so they've all been bumped on a space and a leap sign, Ophiucus, inserted between Scorpio and Saggitarius. Why bother?  Its not as though astrology has any basis in the real world! So the above is based on the traditional usage.

Ah. But the other Colin's are seasonal ones for Christmas, Halloween and Connie is the girl one that also gets altered for Mothers Day and Valentines Day.

I think the problem was the face was too similar rather than the idea of a caterpillar cake. It's a total rip off to be honest and I reckon that ALDI knew that and thought they had got away with it....

6 minutes ago, Steamport Southport said:

I think the problem was the face was too similar rather than the idea of a caterpillar cake. It's a total rip off to be honest and I reckon that ALDI knew that and thought they had got away with it....

Apart from Cuthbert, a number of competitor offerings have similar fizzogs. Cecil and Wiggles are very close, Clyde and Morris only differ in colour (Though the Tesco Curly is disturbing as it is reminiscent of Dougal from the Magic Roundabout).  All Aldi need do is tweak the face a bit...

Perhaps M&S might have problems if Cuthbert outperforms Colin and his tribe in blind taste tests?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hroth said:

Apart from Cuthbert, a number of competitor offerings have similar fizzogs. Cecil and Wiggles are very close, Clyde and Morris only differ in colour (Though the Tesco Curly is disturbing as it is reminiscent of Dougal from the Magic Roundabout).  All Aldi need do is tweak the face a bit...

Perhaps M&S might have problems if Cuthbert outperforms Colin and his tribe in blind taste tests?

Not if you look at them in real life.

The ALDI one is a total rip off as if it has came out of the same mould. Even has the same legs. But I have a feeling they knew what they are doing. What are people talking about.....

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Steamport Southport said:

Not if you look at them in real life.

The ALDI one is a total rip off as if it has came out of the same mould. Even has the same legs. But I have a feeling they knew what they are doing. What are people talking about.....

There you have it.  I rarely shop in many of the Caterpillar producing supermarkets and I can't remember when I last bought anything, let alone food, in M&S.  I'm not that interested in "character cakes" either.  However I will make an exception and get a Cuthbert if they appear when I drop into my local Aldi!

• Like 2