The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

The Forum Jokes Thread

Colin_McLeod

Message added by AY Mod,

Sexist, racist or religious jokes aren't funny - keep them to yourself!

• RMweb Gold
5 hours ago, Porkscratching said:

326760-2862da47f8b9397551b8d0630190a168.jpg

Darth Vader lives!  Just imagine some of the famous quotes if David Prowse been allowed to voice the part instead of it being overdubbed by James Earl Jones, that lovely Bristol drawl saying 'oi be yor faaather, Luke', 'the farce be strang in this'un', or 'prepare moi death staaarrr'.  It's about as likely as the Millenium Falcan, the ship that made the Kessel run in 12 parsecs, being built in Pembroke Dock.  Actualy, it was...

• Like 5

1 hour ago, The Johnster said:

Darth Vader lives!  Just imagine some of the famous quotes if David Prowse been allowed to voice the part instead of it being overdubbed by James Earl Jones, that lovely Bristol drawl saying 'oi be yor faaather, Luke', 'the farce be strang in this'un', or 'prepare moi death staaarrr'.  It's about as likely as the Millenium Falcan, the ship that made the Kessel run in 12 parsecs, being built in Pembroke Dock.  Actualy, it was...

When we first saw Star Wars we were convinced he was black. And I don't just mean his suit. That's why when we heard the rumours about him being Luke's father beforehand we didn't believe it!  :laugh:

But it is well known that the original actor and voice was supposed to be Orson Welles. Loads of reasons why it didn't happen, some a bit more believable than others. Things such as asking for too much money or wanting more input in the direction I don't quite believe as he was always supportive of upcoming movie makers and artists.

He was certainly tall enough and would have been about the right age group. The Darth Vader played by Sebastian Shaw in Return Of The Jedi isn't exactly a spring chicken being 77 at the time.....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sebastian_Shaw_(actor)

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

Well, if we're starting a Poets' Corner - 

THE DAY THE HEDGEHOG MOVED IN

The hedgehog arrived about four days ago

And straightaway settled in.

First he hung all his pictures on the wall.

Each one with a really big pin.

He put up some shelves with rawlplugs and screws

Where his cactus collection was stored.

Then for a rest he played darts for a bit

But I think he kept missing the board.

Later on he invited his girlfriend around.

And to show her his love and delight

He started a session of unbridled passion.

They rolled around half the night!

Now I’ll tell the truth of the hedgehog

And I’ll wince at your giggles and smiles.

You see there really wasn’t a hedgehog at all.

That’s just how it feels when you’ve got piles.

• Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 8