RMweb

The Forum Jokes Thread

Colin_McLeod
Message added by AY Mod,

Sexist, racist or religious jokes aren't funny - keep them to yourself!

• RMweb Premium

When it comes to things like diversion signs they're damned if they do, damned if they don't. "Road closed at ..." is always going to have to rely on some sort of knowledge of the road network or area, especially in order to make the sign simple enough to be read when passing (unlike the example above, which would be better on a series of signs, and leaving out the "for resurfacing" part).

2 hours ago, Dunsignalling said:

I think we may need a new thread entitled "Things that make us fume". 🙃😉

In the Family Guy cartoon it was "Things that grind my gears"

On 07/02/2024 at 17:51, Tim123 said:

Screenshot_20240207_174648_Chrome.jpg

I think someone is stretching reality there.  To the best of my knowledge, the A96 is two or more lanes all the way between Fochabers and Elgin

• Agree 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, Reorte said:

When it comes to things like diversion signs they're damned if they do, damned if they don't. "Road closed at ..." is always going to have to rely on some sort of knowledge of the road network or area, especially in order to make the sign simple enough to be read when passing (unlike the example above, which would be better on a series of signs, and leaving out the "for resurfacing" part).

What'd really help these days would be a clear, consistent and integrated website of all upcoming closures - rather than each council, and national highways, doing their own thing - and having them talk to each other so you don't get roadworks on a diversionary route from some other roadworks...

• Agree 3
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, Nick C said:

What'd really help these days would be a clear, consistent and integrated website of all upcoming closures - rather than each council, and national highways, doing their own thing - and having them talk to each other so you don't get roadworks on a diversionary route from some other roadworks...

Getting all the different utility services to talk to each other so they only need to dig the road up once would help too.

Andi

• Like 1
  • Agree 7
  • Funny 1

48 minutes ago, Nick C said:

Try https://one.network/uk

• Like 3
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
19 hours ago, PhilJ W said:

image.png.cb3faa8208ab1934c259da679ee656b2.png

That's why modern golf instruction advises against a reverse C finish 😉

Edited by AndrueC
  • Funny 1

3 hours ago, Dunsignalling said:

Locally, it only shows the "in town" ones.

Works for me, but you  may need to add the county (e.g. /oxfordshire ) after the uk to get it to work for your local area.

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold
On 01/02/2024 at 17:01, Dagworth said:

Presumably to his ground floor flat?

Andi

These puns are revolting. The capacity for making them offends, You can't be neutral about them.

Edited by Vistisen
  • Like 1
  • Funny 1