BRM - September 2013 issue

SteveCole

• Administrators

Hi all,

The September 2013 issue of BRM goes on-sale as a Digital Edition tomorrow (Friday, August 2nd) and will be available in shops from Thursday, August 8th. The Digital Edition also includes a brand new free 'All Aboard' supplement all about the upcoming National Festival of Railway Modelling in Peterborough on October 19 & 20. 

post-14186-0-66130700-1375345064_thumb.jpg

Here's what you can expect in the September issue:

4 Great Layouts

• The Shipley MRS layout of Hungerford (EM)
  • Cross Ness - a OO gauge third-rail terminus
  • The OO gauge George Lane
  • Ely & District MRC's Thurston (OO)

Improve your modelling with Practical BRM

• Create a Camping Scene diorama
  • Scratch-build a new station building (Part 1)
  • How to build a realistic scrapyard loco
  • Soldering a locomotive chassis
  • Top tips on improving your layout this summer
  • How to improve the 4mm scale Bachmann OBA
  • Converting the Bachmann 'Deltic' to P4 standards
  • Constructing (and improving) the York Models laser-cut footbridge

And...

Black Country Blues - Flavio on building two bespoke buildings for the layout

Tried and Tested - Avonside Works Chassis 2 Pro

What's New

Barrow Hill Live Preview

Product Test - the Graham Farish Mk. 2 coach

Diary Dates

I'll upload some magazine spreads in the coming days. Enjoy...

Steve

Don't miss the all-new BRM from the November 2013 issue - on-sale from October 10.

post-14186-0-79448300-1375345142.jpg

Unless from some reason the layout was super wonderful at that time ?? and is no longer as good?? I have seen it and I doubt if that is correct.

Sounds like a poor decision to print them now, the photos should have been redone to show current layout not a 9 year old version.

The cover is very OTT as well :jester:  far too much in your face when you look at it IMHO

• RMweb Gold

For those that are thinking of getting a subscription to the digital issue, pocketmags has a sale on, with 20% off the cost of subs to BRM (and other titles too). Makes it even better value for money.

Not impressed with the IPad version this month. Someone has c******ed up the pagination! Pages which should face each other don't so all the two page adverts are on opposite sides of the same page. Even worse, the photographs which should face each other don't so in landscape mode you don't get the two parts of the photograph on the same iPad page.

Someone has dropped a clanger!

Being an avid digital BRM reader, I have to say I'm disappointed with this issue. With the pages being out of sequence it makes reading and enjoying the magazine much more difficult than it should be.

Hopefully an updated version will be released free for digital customers having this issue?

Mark

The pagination problem is down to the "Changing the Name to BRM" spread on page 3. Not impressed.

At least it can be sorted out easily.

I hope...

Lets hope the printed copy is not the same!

Paul R

Can I purchase a single on-line copy of BRM having seen the preview video (great idea) of the September issue and I would like to purchase it?

I want to have my WHSmith browse experience at home and then make a choice of mag(s) for the month and oh please can you not bag the digital edition! LOL

Nigel

I too have wasted £2.99 on downloading the latest mag

Can't help thinking they need to concentrate on the basics of getting the mag right rather than wasting time on press releases on changes to the mag containing meaningless PR guff and little else

Hi all,

The September 2013 issue of BRM goes on-sale as a Digital Edition tomorrow (Friday, August 2nd) and will be available in shops from Thursday, August 8th. The Digital Edition also includes a brand new free 'All Aboard' supplement all about the upcoming National Festival of Railway Modelling in Peterborough on October 19 & 20. 

etc, stc, etc.....

Any chance of acknowledging / fixing the pagination stuffup in the digital edition?

• Moderators

Hello all,

There was indeed a problem with the latest digital issue of BRM. One extra page had managed to worm its way in there. You will all be pleased to know that this issue has been fixed and the magazine re-uploaded.

For those of you that have downloaded the September digital issue and wish to correct this, simply delete and re-download the issue.

Sorry for any inconvenience this has caused. Should any of you have any further difficulties, you may address me a PM.

Regards

Howard 

When I get to the last page of editorial content in BRM I can't help but think "is that it?".

I also feel that Warners have to some extent shot themselves in the foot inasmuch as members of this forum don't really need to buy the mag as most of the content is on here.

Ed

I also feel that Warners have to some extent shot themselves in the foot inasmuch as members of this forum don't really need to buy the mag as most of the content is on here.

Which of the features in this month's issue (aside from seeing Jonathan's excellent Deltic project and Flavio's BCB buildings) have been seen on RMweb (maybe the occasional exhibition image of Thurston)?

I thought the camping diorama was very apt having just got back from 10 days in the "tortoise" in East Yorks :)

The fat bloke with the red baseball hat on in the lead image is not me. Or so the author told me.

Archived