Crammore Bridge (Fueling Point) And other Micro Layouts .

Andrew P

Whilst I am waiting to move house and NOT actually building a layout at present I thought I would share with you one of my Micro Layouts from about 10 years ago.

It is just 4ft 7 inches x 15 inches and is just on a bit of spare 1/2 inch chip board with a timber frame.

The layout has just 2 points and four sidings, and is all Peco Code 100.

From the 24 inch sector plate the rear track is the longer one in the fueling point and will hold a loco and two wagons, the next one is just a single loco fueling road.

The next line out from under he road bridge feeds a medium radius Peco point which in turn feeds back in front of the fiddle yard to another point for the stabling roads.

post-9335-0-72230500-1377529053_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-92810300-1377529036_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-07606100-1377529070_thumb.jpg

As you can see the track is laid on a base of green under floor insulation from a DIY store, I would no longer recommend this as it swells when it gets wet.

More pics to follow of its progress.

Bodgit :sungum:

post-9335-0-99781600-1377528222_thumb.jpg

• RMweb Premium

I'm guessing that the fuel tanks are cannibalised from some old Hornby tankers, with modifications?

Andy - I think all your shunting etc layouts should be required viewing for anyone who thinks they can't fit a layout into their home. It's amazing what you have created - how long did this one take you - a week?

As soon as you get some outline ideas for TLGP, send them through - it's going to be exciting!

Jeff

Hi Jeff, thanks this was not meant to be seen by anyone, it was just one of those BETWEEN PROJECT projects to keep the fingers working and the Brain ticking over.

It was a fun little project and I am thinking along the same lines again one day for a small Exhibition Layout.

Half a dozen wagons, about four Locos and that's about it,

until I add on a set of yards at each end and a 4 track through Station and that Viaduct, hahhaaaa :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono:

BTW Jeff the fuel tank as you suspected came from an old Hornby wagon, and I think it was made and mounted on its base by George T of this parish.

You will see some of his fuel tankers that he weathered later and a re sprayed Class 60.

Hello Bodgit   What a cracking idea to revive old photos of earlier projects, they are still inspirational even after all those years, l remember     'Crammore Bridge'  very well it was one of the many micro-layouts you have built over the years where you crammed more into a small space. keep the pictures coming

(Impressed) 'Captain Nowall'

Hello Bodgit   What a cracking idea to revive old photos of earlier projects, they are still inspirational even after all those years, l remember     'Crammore Bridge'  very well it was one of the many micro-layouts you have built over the years where you crammed more into a small space. keep the pictures coming

(Impressed) 'Captain Nowall'

Cheers George, Looking at it, I believe it was you that made the fuel canopy and pumps etc.

post-9335-0-87967400-1377544668_thumb.jpg

More pics coming soon.

This is great inspiration for those of us who have limited space at times.  I often think there might be a case for a website about building these smaller British layouts.  The Carl Arendt website ( http://www.carendt.com/ ) is an excellent resource but is often European or US not British, and very rarely post "Big Four".

Well done Bodgit! :)

O.K some more pics from the build, most are self explanatory, but I will add captions as required.

First testing the headshunt for length

post-9335-0-41572500-1377620754_thumb.jpg

The same with the Fuel road.

post-9335-0-02168900-1377620808_thumb.jpg

And lastly today the 2 sidings in front of the fiddle yard

post-9335-0-10810100-1377620873_thumb.jpg

More pics later.

EDIT = The last pic is in the same position as the RES 47 further up the page.

• RMweb Premium

Hi Jeff, thanks this was not meant to be seen by anyone, it was just one of those BETWEEN PROJECT projects to keep the fingers working and the Brain ticking over.

It was a fun little project and I am thinking along the same lines again one day for a small Exhibition Layout.

Half a dozen wagons, about four Locos and that's about it,

until I add on a set of yards at each end and a 4 track through Station and that Viaduct, hahhaaaa :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono:

If you weren't in the process of moving house that's EXACTLY what I'd be expecting you to do!!

Jeff

This is great inspiration for those of us who have limited space at times.  I often think there might be a case for a website about building these smaller British layouts.  The Carl Arendt website ( http://www.carendt.com/ ) is an excellent resource but is often European or US not British, and very rarely post "Big Four".

Well done Bodgit! :)

Hi Matt, Crammore Bridge was built just as a first tentative step into Mico Layout building and since this one I have done several others. Although most have not been finished for one reason or another they all have a common theme and that is a one board layout of not more than 6ft in length. 

I have also done The Crammore Inn,

post-9335-0-45719200-1377666064_thumb.jpg

which I will be doing a re-build of very soon,

Lavender Hill MPD,

post-9335-0-54104200-1377666157_thumb.jpg

(a Steam Depot set in Southern suburban London), don't ask about the board shape, this was later rebuilt on a slightly bigger board.

and Trent Valley Freightliner Depot,

post-9335-0-44440800-1377666263_thumb.jpg

to name just a few.

Watch this space :no:

Hello Bodgit,  lt is so nice to look back at the projects we once had, l used to think you were crazy taking so many photos, but now l can see that in fact you were right, (did l say that ?) as they have become such an invaluable reference and great help to the projects and layouts you have built recently

When you look back at some of your efforts (and l have many of them on video), you can see where  'Kingsmill' - 'Trebudoc' & 'Deesdale Road'  have come from, and they are all at exhibition standards, and all coming from your early photos, l think they are very helpful and inspirational to many beginners i young and old, well done...

lmpressed  Cap't Nowall  

Hello Bodgit,  lt is so nice to look back at the projects we once had, l used to think you were crazy taking so many photos, but now l can see that in fact you were right, (did l say that ?) as they have become such an invaluable reference and great help to the projects and layouts you have built recently

When you look back at some of your efforts (and l have many of them on video), you can see where  'Kingsmill' - 'Trebudoc' & 'Deesdale Road'  have come from, and they are all at exhibition standards, and all coming from your early photos, l think they are very helpful and inspirational to many beginners i young and old, well done...

lmpressed  Cap't Nowall  

Cheers George, Yes even Deesdale Road started at a 4ft 6 inch plus fiddle yard.

Here is the first shots of Deesdale with St Budoc, my first 9ft long O Gauge layout in the background.

post-9335-0-55548700-1377673942_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-29146900-1377674019_thumb.jpg

This grew to a massive 17ft long :O :O

:O :O

Evening Bodgit,  l must admit l had forgotten the one with the bulleids,  still maybe there will be some on 'Bute Road' ?

George

Hi George, I am sure I have some more with Bulleids on somewhere.

But do you remember these from when we lived in Amp sher ?

Who said I couldn't get more points in, this was an early version of Crammore but about 10ft long.

post-9335-0-58666500-1377723208_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-51302900-1377723229_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-77644800-1377723303_thumb.jpg

More posts of the PROPPER Crammore later.

Going to look for some more Bulleid pics for later.

Andy, this is a great thread, absolutely brilliant, thanks so much for posting these.

It's wonderful to see how your ideas come to life.

Al.

Hi Al, thanks for popping by, as you can see most only got to the track laying BADLEY, wiring, testing, PLAYING stages but it was fun. :no: :no: :no: :no:

Just whilst I am in the mood and looking through my files for Micro Pics I found these two pics of 2 TOTAL Re Sprays that George T did for me many moons ago, when I was a LAD? :no:

post-9335-0-42003800-1377727188_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-09856000-1377727230_thumb.jpg

More pics soon. :O :declare: :declare: :declare: :declare:

Some more pics of Crammore Bridge during the construction phase, as you can see an orange wire still visible that was later re-positioned and covered.

post-9335-0-44354700-1377774125_thumb.jpg

60057 Adam Smith is another Lima George Tait re-spray with metal name plates and I fitted LED lighting into it, the weathering is not the best by todays standards

post-9335-0-65755800-1377774147_thumb.jpg

And some TTA tanks weathered by George.

post-9335-0-87128700-1377774170_thumb.jpg

Loads more pics coming soon. :locomotive: :locomotive:

Hello Bodgit,  l have lost trace of all the depot layouts you have built over the years, but great fun was had in all of them and experience gained on the way, please keep the pictures coming never know you could have started a trend were we can all show photos of projects from way back when ?

George

Archived