Crammore Bridge (Fueling Point) And other Micro Layouts .

Andrew P

Hello Bodgit,  l have lost trace of all the depot layouts you have built over the years, but great fun was had in all of them and experience gained on the way, please keep the pictures coming never know you could have started a trend were we can all show photos of projects from way back when ?

George

Too true George, I have loved almost all of them, now I am more interested in shunting wagons, but I guess that is because I now use Kadee's and they are so good.

Bodgit :sungum:

A few more pics.

56080 another GT Re Paint, this is an old Dapol one and George and I made LED lights for these as well. all well PRE DCC

post-9335-0-53101700-1377872769_thumb.jpg

Adam Smith with a couple of TTA's

post-9335-0-92195900-1377872812_thumb.jpg

37408 Loch Ranoch leaves the Fiddle Yard

post-9335-0-56616300-1377872921_thumb.jpg

47120 and 37408 parked up for the night

post-9335-0-73526400-1377873020_thumb.jpg

I hope you like these pics, :locomotive: :locomotive: :locomotive: :locomotive:

More to follow again soon. :O

Bodgt :sungum:

Amazing stuff to see the ideas you've had and developed over the years Andy, so much detail and operating interest packed into such a tiny space  :superman: .

Simon

Amazing stuff to see the ideas you've had and developed over the years Andy, so much detail and operating interest packed into such a tiny space  :superman: .

Simon

Thanks Simon, I have been stuck on Mico Layouts for so long now that I feel I may struggle to build a biggie :O :no: :no: when we move and I have a 16ft x 8ft Garage to fill, still that lovely viaduct that I have photographed in Bute Road will fill one side, I HOPE, :no:  :no:  :no:  hahaaa

Andy :sungum:

Andy

This is yet another inspitation.

Normally I'd ask how you'd fitted modelling into your life. Having seen some of your layouts the question has to be, how do you fit life into your modelling?

Duncan

Andy

This is yet another inspitation.

Normally I'd ask how you'd fitted modelling into your life. Having seen some of your layouts the question has to be, how do you fit life into your modelling?

Duncan

Cheers Duncan, do you mean between eating and sleeping, :O  :O  look at the early morning post from the other day :no:

Must go plans to draw up. :nono: :scared: :scared:

He he I've got a 16'x 8' garage but its got a workbench and 4 soon to be 5 micro/small layouts filling it.

Hi Dave, I see you are just down the road from me so if I run out of room I will send a couple of layouts your way, hahah :nono: :nono:

My intention is to have a roundy roundy in the 16 x 8 garage, and then use the workshop that is about 14 x 8 (not properly measured yet) for the work bench / spray bench and Exhibition Layout Modul building, plus storing Glen Roy, :O OH and I nearly forgot, a fold down board with a circle of track for running locos in. :no:

All the best and thanks to looking in and your comments, :locomotive: :locomotive:

Morning Bodgit,  As you seem to be looking back over the years when it all started l have found a picture of one of your micro layouts and a picture of you and Rob at one of our workshop meetings with coffee and biscuits, l also remember re-painting 26 Class 56s in TTG Coal sector livery, all the same with different numbers, did he love the 56s or what, great stuff...

GT 

post-7716-0-77382000-1377939240_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-08887700-1377939818_thumb.jpg

Morning Bodgit,  As you seem to be looking back over the years when it all started l have found a picture of one of your micro layouts and a picture of you and Rob at one of our workshop meetings with coffee and biscuits, l also remember re-painting 26 Class 56s in TTG Coal sector livery, all the same with different numbers, did he love the 56s or what, great stuff...

GT 

Thanks George, I remember that, we had some great nights, modelling, jamming with the Band, and just playing trains whilst we put the world to rights.

Great Days Mate.

P.S Rob was a Copper if I remember rightly. :O

A couple more pics.

Firstly the stabling point with 47379 coming in for the night and the TTA Tanks already parked up.

post-9335-0-17891700-1377976743_thumb.jpg

And now 47120 comes into the head shunt from the Stabling Point whilst 37407 takes on Fuel.

post-9335-0-73319100-1377976857_thumb.jpg

More pics coming again soon

Hi Dave, I see you are just down the road from me so if I run out of room I will send a couple of layouts your way, hahah :nono: :nono:

My intention is to have a roundy roundy in the 16 x 8 garage, and then use the workshop that is about 14 x 8 (not properly measured yet) for the work bench / spray bench and Exhibition Layout Modul building, plus storing Glen Roy, :O OH and I nearly forgot, a fold down board with a circle of track for running locos in. :no:

All the best and thanks to looking in and your comments, :locomotive: :locomotive:

We're in the process of selling our house, and we've considered Swad as a place to move to, some nice new homes your way. I doubt you'd get any more in my garage I can barely get myself in there! I've been away building US ho layouts and I'm trying to find the UK spark again.

We're in the process of selling our house, and we've considered Swad as a place to move to, some nice new homes your way. I doubt you'd get any more in my garage I can barely get myself in there! I've been away building US ho layouts and I'm trying to find the UK spark again.

Hi Dave, Yes I can recomend our Railway Club at Church Gresley, our O Gauge Wychnor layout was in Railway Modeller last Month. and we are building a new OO layout 41ft x 12 ft.

Andy :sungum:

Morning Bodgit,  Found a weathered loco one of your first l think ? lovely track ballasting and colours

GT

George I had forgotten about that old one, can you remember which layout that was on, I think it may have been Kingsmill.

Haha excellent Andy, reminds me of Charlie street that I had at Mansfield I few years ago.

Nice work mate

Neil, I don't remember Charlie St, have you got pics or a link to it?

I did find Pilot Road in a mag the other week.

Nice,

I recognise the foam retaining walls - I had some of them, but if you so much as look at them they get dented and reveal lovely blue foam !

I also used to have 08648....

Hi Rob, as you say you have to be careful with the walls but they work well and we are using them alongside the Canal on our Clubs Layout.

The 08 seemed good until the Hornby one came along.

Bodgit

Talking of Micro Layouts here is one I prepared earlier.

It is actually the start of a small project from many years ago that got me into developing my REVOLUTIONARY Fully Folding Fiddle Yard. I have written an article for Railway Modeller about it, but as yet it hasn't been published.

The principal is a very simple one, I had a base board of 5ft x 1ft that would fit in the car, but I wanted a fiddle yard at each end without adding extra boards. The answer was to have the fiddle yard boards attached and folding.

in pic 1 you will see the layout at its full 9ft x 1ft and ready for the cartridge system fiddle yard track to go on either end.

post-9335-0-70499700-1378064005_thumb.jpg

Pic 2 shows its locating bolt.

post-9335-0-50515000-1378064085_thumb.jpg

Pic 3 showing its hinge.

post-9335-0-17307100-1378064166_thumb.jpg

For transportation the Fiddle yard is folded around and re secured at the rear of the layout.

post-9335-0-75271200-1378064324_thumb.jpg

With both fiddle yards folded and secured, it only needed a carrying handle at the rear between the F/Y's to make life easier. In this mode the layout was a total size of just 5ft x18 inches which is still a small and easily transportable layout.

post-9335-0-84828100-1378064387_thumb.jpg

It was only my poor woodwork, cheap hinges and the fact that I split all the timbers putting the screws in that made it go no further :no: :no: :no: :no: :no: :no: :no: :no:

Bodged it again, haahahaaa :sungum:

Archived