Bowled!

Peter Kazmierczak

Guest spet0114

Not my video but this is my favourite YouTube bowled video, after a four hour round trip as well!:

That's the one I was looking for!! :)  - No wonder I couldn't find it - a deltic and a 225 had turned themselves into an A4 and an HST in my fevered mind!!

Poole this lunchtime. 45231 approaches with a Victoria - Weymouth special, as a Cl.444 heads the other way towards Waterloo.

Though you may consider yourself bowled, personally I think it's quite a picture, full of action and balanced.  If it had been slightly wider you could have got the whole steam loco in, but, hey,  like it regardless.

Sort-of bowled: the empty coal train (stationary) blocked my planned shot from the other side, so I moved over and decided last minute to go creative with a low shutter speed. At 1/45th, not quite low enough to make it look deliberate, and managed to catch a distracting flock of birds top right too. 

post-6971-0-47073300-1377716314.jpg

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • RMweb Premium

Sometimes I think the drivers do it on purpose, I had two 67's on a measurement train that I stuck in highworth loop before sending back out to Kemble. The spotters on the platform where blocked by a hst on platform 4 so waited for the 67's to return to go back down, at the same time I let out a merehead empties that stopped at platform 4 for the signal. The 67's cam into platform 3 out of view of the spotters and stopped for no reason and then waited until the stone train began to move off before it started again completely out of sight of the spotters, I swear the driver did it on purpose.

• RMweb Premium

I remember nearly being bowled when preparing to video

City of Truro on its anniversary run at Wellington.

I got there in plenty of time, found what I thought was

a good location, got everything set up then sat down to wait.

While I was sat there a down train went past,

and I realised I was on the wrong side.

If that had happened when 3440 passed I would have been bowled.

Fortunately I had time to relocate to the other side of the line

before City of Truro went past.

• 5 weeks later...

Archived