1. Dover Priory, Kent.

David Todd

Having a "free day",today, I decided,sunrise at this time of year,emerges behind Calais,France, since full sunrise,here, in Dover,Kent,was at 0745hours, I got up at 0430hrs.............. :scratchhead: .

A short walk across the dual carriageway, takes me to the start of the climb up,North Military Road, not good for you if, you live in the flatland's outside Peterbough,you know who you are :no:

After the first 200yards,my ankles and shin bones were on fire,lactic acid, already, :O , a quick  Gauloise,took away the pain,transfering it to the lung's.

The reason I put myself,though this pain,of a 5.mile climb....400ish feet. on pavement.....was to bring you..........

more pics.of Dover Priory, from a different angle and hieght..........bet your please now eh !.......

But......we will have to wait, an hour, whilst the camera battery recover's, it's energy............... :training:

Edited by David Todd
  • Like 1

Aaahh, go on   ........................................     

Kal, on 12 Jan 2014 - 10:08, said:
That is looking good. Let me know when I should send mine for you to do.   :sungum:

Kal..............post, # 304.............that is the real one,...........not the model........sorry to disappoint............

Send it to him   .......................................................    he has the room      ........................................    and Jaz would enjoy the painting too  ..............................      :angel:

Having a "free day",today, I decided,sunrise at this time of year,emerges behind Calais,France, since full sunrise,here, in Dover,Kent,was at 0745hours, I got up at 0430hrs.............. :scratchhead: .

A short walk across the dual carriageway, takes me to the start of the climb up,North Military Road, not good for you if, you live in the flatland's outside Peterbough,you know who you are :no:

After the first 200yards,my ankles and shin bones were on fire,lactic acid, already, :O , a quick  Gauloise,took away the pain,transfering it to the lung's.

The reason I put myself,though this pain,of a 5.mile climb....400ish feet. on pavement.....was to bring you..........

more pics.of Dover Priory, from a different angle and hieght..........bet your please now eh !.......

But......we will have to wait, an hour, whilst the camera battery recover's, it's energy............... :training:

11906052095_afb53759a1.jpg

11906919346_03d2bac8df.jpg

11906907306_51bb953346.jpg

11906839416_ebe4e216a6.jpg

8439413562_3fe55ac956.jpg

• Like 5

Oi !  stop arguing , it still looks good, it may look even better in the future, but that does not mean it is not good now.

Compliments do not grow on trees, take em will you still can.  :triniti:

Edited by Kal

Hi David, I haven't posted on here before (well I don't think so anyway) but I have had a read through the various section and I love it all, the yard is my favorite bit, I bet that took a battering last week.

I do love NSE and will be building a small layout again soon after I have moved house and started my big permanent layout.

All the best and please keep the pics and Humour coming. :locomotive: :locomotive: :locomotive: :locomotive: :locomotive:

Andy :sungum:

Edited by Andrew P

The model today, am waiting for bit's to relay track and a re- wire/re think on electrics'......I do like messing about......... :drag:

The model view from "My Western Hieghts"

The foot overbridge, will have to go, it is Ho, may have to scratchbuild.

11915536016_aabfe3faea.jpg

11912247635_3cae7506c7.jpg

11914639565_8d7212f7d4.jpg

11914942753_2a58d59313.jpg

11913051446_49a17e8eea.jpg

• Like 4

Hi David, I haven't posted on here before (well I don't think so anyway) but I have had a read through the various section and I love it all, the yard is my favorite bit, I bet that took a battering last week.

I do love NSE and will be building a small layout again soon after I have moved house and started my big permanent layout.

All the best and please keep the pics and Humour coming. :locomotive: :locomotive: :locomotive: :locomotive: :locomotive:

Andy :sungum:

Thanks for your post Andy, along with compliments.

The Dover real yard tracks,were lifted,sometime after 1996. it's mainly a lorry park now.

Pics and humous.....trying to strike an unbalance, of what viewer's/reader's...........want............more modeling than waffle, no doubt.

Nse, yes that was my 1st thought's when first starting 2. years ago,very colour full, more so that the "grey's" now.

I do like a bit of Jaffa, though..................