1. Dover Priory, Kent.

David Todd

Like us it's a shame to rip up some nice work, but it clearly is an improvement, and shows. Shall look forward to more developments, as stuff goes back in.Some of the shots can be mistaken for the real thing, 

Oh can you forward me LF&Ts number, or give our number to him. We would love a chat. We tried to call you but you have obviously been busy. Speak soon.

This is a mock up of the footover bridge I did 2 years ago,using varigirder bridge parts,........... thought it a tad overscale then..............

P1010292-1.jpg

This is the Heljan Ho,............. one.a tad underscale..........

P1010293-1.jpg

The real one...........too scale 1/1

P1000736.jpg

DoverPrioryStation5812088.jpg

• Like 1

If you put a thin strip of ever green under each of the joins between the small windows, it might improve the look, plus as they are smaller than the main 'joins' under each pair of windows, that should help with the look. And OMG if you want to be picky you could match the real paint job, considering

the time of day it was taken

the cloud cover at the time

the camera and colour tone choices

the transfer to your pc colours 

and transfer to rmweb colours.

Frankly I think it is obvious you took the colour into consideration, you could match the real paint job which is bad, you mentioned 3 panels on one side and 4 on the other I believe. But I think with a hint of blue on a grey tone, at some time in the year with the right light conditions, the colour is bound to be perfect. 

For me it is a really good effort to match, it as you have.And I am sure someone could argue that the blue was too grey or the grey was too blue, just for the fun of it. :jester:

Looking really nice BTW.

Edited by Jaz

No pics, sorry, am on a notebook.

No mem card with me, either.

May get a couple of hour's, Friday or Sat. to look at the footover bridge.

I bought a lot of plasticard from Curly, at the Canterbury Show,

last weekend.

The varigirder kit I bought, the panels are too big, scale wise they worked out at 6.foot square, the actual ones are about 4 ft. Sq,

I could cut down the windows, shewn in the pics above, by removing, most

of the white framework.

Edited by David Todd

I think I see what you mean. The windows are not as tall and slim as the original, but the overall impression is there. I also suppose you are in the lucky position of being able to measure them up close (might garner some storage looks) so a scratch build is possible (or an adjustment if any of the model is useful) The work is square and easily calculable and well within you skill set. I think at the end of the day, it's what your happy with, I like what you have it has all the flavours of the real thing. I can see your perfectionist alter ego bobbing in the background. A man who gets several prints of the back scene printed until he is happy with the aspect, is probably going to need to make it up to his own high standards. 

either way I know you'll make a good job of it. Shall await your decision.

• Like 1

Have bought a few from Peter last week..............but not that one,............missed the rivets bit.

but did get these, when I stayed over at A.V. and we went to Newark Show...........Rivetting......Opps.   wrong pic..........

DoverPrioryStation5812168.jpg

2. Years ago......

modelofPriorystation012.jpg

Edited by David Todd