If you're new to the forum this is an ideal place to introduce yourself.

Hello from Essex

BigBountyHunter

hi there not to put you boys down but wheres all the northern monkeys?

anyone from manchester or the north west?

Launch a 'Hello' thread bro.  There are 437 of them on RMWeb*, maybe you can grow your thread quicker than this one.

* completely made up statistic

hi there glenn welcome aboard,just had a look at your youtube channel love the models and the old n gauge layout.

i used to do a lot of finescale figourine painting aswell mainly warhammer.

do you have a current layout at the moment?

drew

Hi Drew, thanks for stopping by my channel, i miss that ol n-gauge layout!!  :this: i am currently building a layout at the moment its only a micro shunting layout but its all i have room for these days, thanks for getting in touch, Glenn ;)

Blimey, that is close to the railway! Do you live in a lineside hut? ;)

Hehee that could be wishful thinking! no i live next to the crossing just before Witham station, sadly this crossing is now in the process of "buying the farm!" when i was a lad my dad used to take me there to watch the trains, 30 odd years later i end up living there.......spooky !! :crazy:

Hehee that could be wishful thinking! no i live next to the crossing just before Witham station, sadly this crossing is now in the process of "buying the farm!" when i was a lad my dad used to take me there to watch the trains, 30 odd years later i end up living there.......spooky !! :crazy:

Nice! I live close enough to Harwich town that I can hear the trains and the level crossing barriers, but can't see them.

Who needs DCC sound when you can hear the real thing!

Nice! I live close enough to Harwich town that I can hear the trains and the level crossing barriers, but can't see them.

Who needs DCC sound when you can hear the real thing!

tell me about it !! the crossing siren is near enough constant hear lol, though they are going to replace it with an ugly old footbridge !!!  :mad:

tell me about it !! the crossing siren is near enough constant hear lol, though they are going to replace it with an ugly old footbridge !!!  :mad:

Yes... I'm sure it'll serve its purpose, but its hardly the same is it!

• RMweb Premium

attachicon.gifScan10003.JPG bit of a fuzzy shot, havent seen these guys for a couple of years now do freightliner still use 86's?

Hi Glenn

I saw a 86 the other week. There is a Freightliner box train that goes through Chelmsford towards Witham at about 1.00pm It seems to have any old loco on its front. I have seen 70s, 66s, 90s and the 86. 

Archived