If you're new to the forum this is an ideal place to introduce yourself.

Hello from Essex

BigBountyHunter

Hi everyone,

I came across this group thanks to Youtube, and have been hooked ever since! You can find me on Youtube under the same name.

I am a keen modeller, photographer, and sci fi buff, ;)  but during the day i am a cabinet maker  :sarcastichand:

I am currently building a shunting layout in oo gauge, not only is it to the standard "inglenook" design but it is also a "micro" layout as space here is tight to say the least. When i was a nipper (70's early 80's) i was fascinated by trains, so needless to say BR Blue is my era and my main interest.

Having said that though, i am rather partial to a steam train chuffing along a light railway branch, especially the kelvedon to Tollesbury line.

So thats me, just thought id say hello!  :D

• RMweb Premium

Cheers mate, Im From Witham,  :locomotive:

Hi Glenn

I use to live there. I am now in Chlemsford.

Are you going to the Shenfield show on the 21st? I am there with my new (part built) layout Brisbane Road http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/67810-brisbane-roada-new-pig-lane/ Please stop by if you are and introduce yourself.

Good to get another Essex boy on board :)  I'm from Romford! Shenfield is always a good show, if you can get there well worth a visit and also the Ilford and west essex and, I think, chelmsford shows are coming up soon.

Steve

Hi Glenn

I use to live there. I am now in Chlemsford.

Are you going to the Shenfield show on the 21st? I am there with my new (part built) layout Brisbane Road http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/67810-brisbane-roada-new-pig-lane/ Please stop by if you are and introduce yourself.

Hi Clive, i would love to, but not sure the wallet could justify it at the moment, but you never know, i will have to see closer to the time. many thanks for getting in touch mate, Glenn :locomotive:

Good to get another Essex boy on board :)  I'm from Romford! Shenfield is always a good show, if you can get there well worth a visit and also the Ilford and west essex and, I think, chelmsford shows are coming up soon.

Steve

Thanks mate, pleased to meet you! i used to go to the chelmsford shows alot, they're brilliant, would love to star going again. havent tried the others......... yet!!

Hehehe!  Some others of Essex's finest haven't yet surfaced on this thread either!  

The tri-seax county seems to have a strong showing of modellers, and there's a healthy following for the trains of the region from much further afield.  Mind you, it's not been without its share of railway legends and folklore through the years....

Hi Glenn , welcome , as said in an earlier post ,nice to see another Essex man on here , Im in Hornchurch , try and get to the Shenfield exhibition if you can its usually very good.

cheers Paul.

Hi Paul, Thankyou, theres so many of us "Essex" types on here haha i never realised, I will try to get there if i can mate thankyou. :yes:

Hi Paul, Thankyou, theres so many of us "Essex" types on here haha i never realised, I will try to get there if i can mate thankyou. :yes:

Hehehe!  Some others of Essex's finest haven't yet surfaced on this thread either!  

The tri-seax county seems to have a strong showing of modellers, and there's a healthy following for the trains of the region from much further afield.  Mind you, it's not been without its share of railway legends and folklore through the years....

HaHa Excellent, !!!!  Talking of region trains and legends, mine has to be the 309 EMUs i think.................oh the memories of going to the seaside  :dancer:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/15038/7976252582/in/set-72157631511197362

Lovely!  In the days when North Western Trains launched the Manchester - Euston service with the 309s.  How I wish I'd done this trip when I had the chance.

A mate of mine now lives in one  :angel:   But shhh, that's a secret.

Beautiful piece of kit!! thanks for sharing that, it was a grim day when the clacton units went to clacton no more!! i never saw them after that only on youtube!! .... oh and mums the word!!  :blind:

I'd changed jobs in August '98 and was soon to have responsibilities that extended to Longsight the following February.  In the intervening period I do remember seeing the few refugees at their new, and short-lived home depot.  I was struck by what a beautiful piece of kit they were - along with the Class 123 and 124s, possibly the ultimate Mark I coach.  With their as-built wrap-round windows they were a style icon for sure.

• RMweb Premium

I'd changed jobs in August '98 and was soon to have responsibilities that extended to Longsight the following February.  In the intervening period I do remember seeing the few refugees at their new, and short-lived home depot.  I was struck by what a beautiful piece of kit they were - along with the Class 123 and 124s, possibly the ultimate Mark I coach.  With their as-built wrap-round windows they were a style icon for sure.

There must be enough livery variations to make a RTR model viable?

There must be enough livery variations to make a RTR model viable?

Iconic and overlooked.  Now the juice-rail enthusiasts have had their CEPs and VEPs, I think you've hit on something equivalent for the knitting brigade.

Archived