Barnstaple MRC Exhibition 26th July 2014

mudmagnet

• RMweb Gold

Richard,

For out of town visitors (not me!), where is the best place to park? Queen St up by the PO sorting office is the nearest, but it is short stay at £1 an hour. Which is the closest long stay in the town? Pilton causeway is under 10 minutes walk, but is not that large and will fill up on a Saturday with shoppers.

Good point about the parking.

Like you suggest, there is Queen Street car park nearby. Another option is Green Lanes.

Edit - can also use Bear Street car park.

The other and cheaper car parks are a bit further away.

Another option is the park and ride on the east side of town. Follow the signs off the A361 if coming from Exeter / Staunton direction. From the bus station, head towards town centre.

We are planning to get plenty of signs up Saturday morning to direct visitors to the Church Hall in Bear Street.

• RMweb Gold

Can you also leave a trail of breadcrumbs for John to follow on Friday please?

A little like Hansel and Grettel ?

I'll drop you an email re Saturday evening. Are you coming straight to the hall Friday evening?

• RMweb Premium

A little like Hansel and Grettel ?

I'll drop you an email re Saturday evening. Are you coming straight to the hall Friday evening?

I think that depends on how long the journey takes, which depends on when we set off, which depends on how organised we are. So, in summary, we'll probably be with you by Sunday.

Will ring on Friday when we have a better idea.

• RMweb Premium

Appearing at this show in less than 24hrs, Treneglos:

post-6675-0-91364600-1406278941.jpg

post-6675-0-59135500-1406278942.jpg

Come as see us, be sure to say hello.

John (Old Gringo) is the wise old sage.

Damian (Indomitable026) is the one with the baps.

Me (2ManySpams) will be in shorts, T-shirt and sandels.

Looking forward to the show tomorrow guys - hope everything goes smoothly with set-up etc. I remember at last year's Exmoor Rail on the Friday evening, we had the biggest storm for a long time, and it blew over a trader's boards - just advertising ones luckily - plus they became slightly damp from the horizontal rain through the large roller door!!

exmoordave

• RMweb Gold

Looking forward to getting set up this evening and hope that it is not too hot tomorrow.

My wife has been busy baking sausage rolls this morning and lovely smells wafting up to my very hot office!

• RMweb Gold

I do hope the Treneglos crew managed to get through the M5 rush today, local news was all predicting the busiest traffic flows of the year today & tomorrow. I also hope there's some expansion joints in the track as it's still somewhat warm tomorrow!

Looking forward to my trip on the Tarka Line on the way there in the morning. :)

• RMweb Gold

Just back home after a very enjoyable day, many thanks to Richard and the other Barnstaple clubclub members for putting on a marvelous little show. Nice to catch up with familiar rmweb folk (mudmagnet, Marc Smith, Ray Norward, Dave DLT) and good to meet the Treneglos crew too (especially as they were handing out scones courtesy of Stubby! :) ). Thanks also to Bill / treggyman for taking the time to explain his auto coupling set up, I did enjoy seeing Creedyford.

My first run on the Tarka line too, nice to absorb the ambience of the route!

May get some photos up later

• RMweb Gold

Many thanks to everyone who attended today!

We had a very successful day and most people I spoke to today all had great things to say.

All rather tired and ready for a shower before heading out for a well earned drink (or two) and some photo with a few of the exhibitors.

Will post some photos tomorrow when I get chance.

We had a very successful day and most people I spoke to today all had great things to say.

All rather tired and ready for a shower before heading out for a well earned drink (or two) and some photo with a few of the exhibitors.

Thanks Richard, we had a great day.

Nice to see so many quality layouts, well done to everyone.

Cheers

E

• RMweb Gold

Great show, well worth the trip north. Good to see some old friends again and meet some more members of the forum.

Hobbiton End is far better in the flesh - you can really believe it's part of The Shire.

Wiper's Ridge was full of intricate detail - a worthy tribute to the centenary .

Lots of other really good layouts too, well done to the Barnstaple club.

Very well done to all involved, extremely pleasant show and friendly bunch.

Big pat on the back to you guys, now go and enjoy that pint !

Grahame

Hi

A big thankyou to the Barnstaple club for putting on a very enjoyable show with so many excellent layouts......

It was great to meet so many more RMWebbers who I had been in contact with but had not previously met......

I had a very enjoyable day.....A big thanks to all the club members who helped unload/load up without being asked.....

Richard for the invite & the ladies who fed & watered us all so well......

The punters all seemed to enjoy themselves.....So thanks again

Cheers Bill

Archived