Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Heljan class 60

steve fay

Currently doing up an EWS loco for a customer, I'll add some pics when I've finished it. Basically, painting the grilles, lights, internal wiring black, also the gold band as Heljan seem to have used the larger font EW&S lettering to make an EWS logo, so the Fox EWS transfers don't match up in size or colour. Also Heljan's own transfer sheet doesn't match up either as the numbers are quite a bit smaller than the ones on the loco! Surprising error there. The EWS maroon cab front numbers are missing from the Heljan sheet too.

Noticed theres some 60s on eBay 'ready done' but have had the black TOPS numbers on the cab front/sides applied in the reverse order, the smaller numbers should be on the cab fronts, and vice versa. . D'oh!  :no:

Anyway, I'll stop moaning and show you when I'm done.

If anyone wants any 60s numbering up etc feel free to get in touch, I really like working on these.

Alex

Hi Alex,

I'd noticed those class 60's on ebay. Considering it actually says on the Heljan number sheet which numbers go where. It does seem a bit strange to do that. On the ones that I've weathered I've been spraying the underside of the silencer and the well black before weathering as this would be a dirt trap.

Which EW&S one are you doing?

Regards

Vin

Hi

if someone is able to help  i am after a pair of the Heljan metals transfers i put mine on temp sine i was gonna use fox transfers and when they arrived i made a mess of the fox transfers but had removed the Heljan ones and now i dont have any metals transfers i hope someone  might be able to help on this matter if so can you please send me a pm please

Hi,

I don't have any either Fox or the Heljan metals logos left, but I'm sure that someone will be willing to give them up as there is a lot of construction and coal locos out there.

I've just finished 60074 in the second version of this livery once my etches arrived earlier this week. After using about 16 differing shades of dirt and grime. With a selection of techniques for the application of the colours and dyes. I've just got the cabside handrails to put back on.

post-11695-0-20612600-1449845638.jpg

post-11695-0-31922100-1449845675.jpg

post-11695-0-27616800-1449845702.jpg

post-11695-0-15004500-1449845727.jpg

post-11695-0-53945100-1449845765.jpg

post-11695-0-04592900-1449845933.jpg

post-11695-0-93842900-1449845965.jpg

I've shot the photos in low winter sun which makes the blue even brighter and totally confuses the camera.

Regards

Vin

• Like 7

As stated above that looks great. It looks like you are going to beat mine (60087) as its only in the primer stage but I have weathered the chassis already.

Are you doing the later (Oscar) logo version?

Regards

Vin

As stated above that looks great. It looks like you are going to beat mine (60087) as its only in the primer stage but I have weathered the chassis already.

Are you doing the later (Oscar) logo version?

Yes, plan on doing it as 60095.

Edited by Cradgebank

Colas 60 finished.

Really pleased how it has turned out, especially as it is my first ever o gauge repaint. I found it very different to my usual OO repaints, much easier in some respects, such as masking etc but then no room for error in other areas due to the size and scale everything has to be spot on.

Finished using Precision paints and Railtec decals.

post-1685-0-85424300-1450350798_thumb.jpg

post-1685-0-37941500-1450350826_thumb.jpg

post-1685-0-02022700-1450350846_thumb.jpg

post-1685-0-98500200-1450350880_thumb.jpg

• Like 15

Colas 60 finished.

Really pleased how it has turned out, especially as it is my first ever o gauge repaint. I found it very different to my usual OO repaints, much easier in some respects, such as masking etc but then no room for error in other areas due to the size and scale everything has to be spot on.

Finished using Precision paints and Railtec decals.

attachicon.gifIMG_1972.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_1977.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_1973.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_1975.JPG

Nice work....... looks epic in O gauge!

That looks spot on. Did you use loads of orange lining? It just shows how massive these locos are when you spend 2 hours just putting on the cantrail stripe!

Regards

Vin

No I actually done the Cantrail lining with a paint pen and steel rule,  a breath holding moment.