Warley Show - RMWeb meetings? - 23 & 24 November 2013 - Thread closed

bbishop

Guest Celticwardog

That's a shame. I've seen many turn up at shows on their own. Seems a good way to save money, pass the time on boring journeys and make new mates.

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Wetherspoons at 12:30 on Saturday sounds good to me.

Like last year, I'll probably use a badge recycled from a recent trade show (or none at all).

As for popping out of the show at lunchtime, I take it the usual routine applies - of getting one of the stewards to stamp one one of our hands on the way out, so we can get back in without having to pay again.

Huw.

Hmmm ....  If I do fall for that [fat chance!] how would I recognise all those shy RMwebbers who don't wear name badges?

Chris

Hi Chris.

You introduced yourself to us on the Battersby North End layout last year and you, (and a few other members), had some smashing RMwb badges.

Is there a way to print them/make them, I don't fancy wearing my complete penguin outfit......

Cheers.

Sean.

Hi Chris.

You introduced yourself to us on the Battersby North End layout last year and you, (and a few other members), had some smashing RMwb badges.

Is there a way to print them/make them, I don't fancy wearing my complete penguin outfit......

Cheers.

Sean.

Sean

The badge I was sporting when we met was made for the 2012 Stafford open day by Coombe Barton.  I'm not sure that the wherewithal to print ones own has been posted anywhere.  Indeed, there seems some hostility to the very idea of identifying oneself.  I  take the view that sooner or later someone will find out who I am so I might as well come clean and have done with it!

I'd like to urge any RMwebber to wear a badge with pride.  Home-made is good - it shows that we can still make things.

Chris

• RMweb Gold

I'd agree if one uses ones own name as a user name, however, you either know the penguin of doom or you don't..... ;o)

I think I may just make a badge with my avatar on it although may have left it too late.....

Cheers.

Sean.

The badges made by Coombe Barton show our user names so - fortunately - no worries about being identified ;)  They are very simple things and have the advantage of coming with an excellent 'holder' so are very wearable and quite distinctive.

Some of us will be chained to a stand or layout so don't forget us.   I'm on E09 with grren Ayre assmbling footbridges and overhead gantries.

Jamie

And I will be on B33 - Dock Green - come and have a look....

So have we actually set a time and place for the Saturday meet or is it just myself and iD?  Can we say Wetherspoons 12.30?

Sounds good to me, Mike. The 'spoons at 12:30 on Saturday.

Whomever arrives first (note grammar) should bag a corner of the hostelry for RMWeb

iD

(perhaps yelling at the top of your voice "Bachmann has a 10 minute 10 percent sale starting at 12:30 - ALL items on the Bachmann stand reduced to 10% of of original price for 10 minutes only" would clear the bar?)

I'd like to urge any RMwebber to wear a badge with pride.  Home-made is good - it shows that we can still make things.

Chris

I've still got mine from an iteration of RMWeb 1 (which is quite a few years ago now)

The badges made by Coombe Barton show our user names so - fortunately - no worries about being identified ;)  They are very simple things and have the advantage of coming with an excellent 'holder' so are very wearable and quite distinctive.

Alas, British Railway Modelling and this forum have combined forces to "out" me. Not that I'm really fussed, in Switzerland there doesn't seem to be the sort of public opprobrium about Modeleisenbahnen as there is in the UK. To those who know me I am XXXXX, to the rest I am iL Dottore.

Simples

• RMweb Premium

I will travelling down / up as part of car load from Bristol on Saturday so should be able to make it.

How do you get in to Wetherspoons? I was not aware of its existance.

Gordon A

Out of hall turn right - up stairs turn left....( its a long time since last year...)

As I am already wearing three badges..... and I haven't had time to make an RMWeb - you can spot me by my name Barry Oliver

but due to demonstrating commitments* I don't think I can attend.....have a beer for me

Barry O

* its probably easier to be a layout operator than a demonstrator at Warley as its full on audience participation most of the time...

Archived