Warley Show - RMWeb meetings? - 23 & 24 November 2013 - Thread closed

bbishop

• RMweb Premium

And who is going to be asking Bachmann about the delays to their deliveries - everyone whinges at Hornby but Bachmann and others are just as bad (if not worse - odd things like Porthole coaches, covhops etc....) so time to give Simon K a break please...

Who's going to be the one to give Simon Kohler a hard time? :P

Hopefully no-one; Simon's a decent chap and doesn't deserve the worst excesses of you lot moaning. ;)

By all means have a chat but please don't give him a hard time.

• RMweb Gold

I will travelling down / up as part of car load from Bristol on Saturday so should be able to make it.

How do you get in to Wetherspoons? I was not aware of its existance.

Gordon A

Its ok Gordon I know where it is!!

Jerry, who is getting up at silly-oclock to nab a lift with Gordon.

It would be nice to put faces to avatars around on Saturday, when I shall be making my first ever Warley visit. As I've always found the NEC halls to be somewhat warm, I shall not be wearing my normal hairy outer covering.

:meeting:

• RMweb Gold

Urgent message for those of you travelling by rail via Derby,Burton on Trent and Tamworth.ATM,due to track/signalling fault,NO SERVICE. Buses replace trains be tween Burton and Tamworth.Go to National Rail enquiries for info.and updates.'Lineside Equipment',apparently.....cable theft,again?

Forewarned is forearmed.

Burton is having a time of it this week.Yesterday half of town without water all day due to catastrophic mains burst draining two local reservoirs....Today...no trains!

For us,quicker by car,anyway....provided M42 isn't inflicted with another over bridge suicide attempt,as last weekend

Maybe I should start walking.....now?Perhaps more comfortable than overstuffed Turbostar and Sardinolino.I might just get there.Should you see a haggard,threadbare wrinkly with his shoes falling apart,it's me Hope to see you.....Beleaguered Burtonian.

It would be nice to meet some fellow rmwebbers and enjoy a pint or two at the same time; room for one more?

I can enjoy one pint at a time, but three at once?  I suppose if they provide straws....

How do you get in to Wetherspoons?

Never leave home without some form of proof of age that the door staff will accept.

Incidentally, I'll be there on my own, as the rest of the family have other things to do that day. Which means I don't have any time pressure; I can be there as long as I want. So if anyone needs a relief operator for an hour or so on Sunday...

• RMweb Gold

Urgent message for those of you travelling by rail via Derby,Burton on Trent and Tamworth.ATM,due to track/signalling fault,NO SERVICE. Buses replace trains be tween Burton and Tamworth.Go to National Rail enquiries for info.and updates.'Lineside Equipment',apparently.....cable theft,again?

Forewarned is forearmed.

All clear now, well it was at 04:00 when i hammered through there at 60mph with 2000 ton of coal (broken rail apparently, looked to be at wichnor jn)

Having a pnb in toton at the moment then all being well, ratcliffe can get me unloaded sharpish for a blast back to saltney for 10:30 then over to warley for 11:30ish

Im going to park at marston green and get a train to international to save a few quid on parking

Nothing; great meet on Sunday, other than the ale being sour.  However the thread was started in order to keep the meets away from discussing the show itself.  Now that the meets are history, I can't see any point in continuing with the thread.

Bill

Ah, I see.  Well I met one half of the Stoating Bank crew at the hall bar on the Sunday, amongst others, and a great, productive time was had.    I was excited to learn about the next developments of that team's layout and show endeavours!  Our consensus was that after the lunchtime rush had subsided, there was plenty of space, and with refreshments at a reasonable price, to have a little social time without leaving the hall.

Meeting the Aberdeen Kirkhill crew was great too - albeit at their stand, so I'll be sure to discuss that over on the layout thread.

• RMweb Gold

I asked that this be unlocked again to add the evidence of crimes against beer...

These were taken at the Sunday meet up, nice to meet a couple of new faces that I didn't previously know, and to catch up with some old friends.

post-6674-0-43864200-1385410333.jpg

post-6674-0-89983000-1385410333.jpg

Andi

Archived