Acacia Avenue - BR parcels and stabling SOLD

mudmagnet

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

I've seen Acacia Avenue on a list of layouts for the 2017 Shoeburyness Model and Hobbies show, I was wondering if it's the same Acacia Avenue?

Be great to see it if it is.

Steve.

Could be. The new owner has already done one show as far as I know.

I'm glad that the layout is being looked after and still on the exhibition circuit and in areas of the country that I don't normally get to visit.

Would be good to see some photos.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I wasn't expecting it but Acacia Avenue turned up at the Romford Model Rail exhibition yesterday and what a fine layout it is too. glad to see it in the flesh and I was even allowed to have a little play! Many thanks to the operator.

I'm sure you'll be pleased to know it's being well looked after, drawing a lot of attention and runs like a dream. It should be at Shoeburyness next week so I'm looking forward to that a lot.

Steve.

post-24-0-80964600-1510485649.jpg

post-24-0-12051300-1510485668.jpg

post-24-0-66838300-1510485680.jpg

post-24-0-04630700-1510485697.jpg

• Like 10

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/128305-shoeburyness-model-and-hobbies-show/

Put a couple of photos of the layout on this thread as the layout was at the Shoeburyness show. Sadly no green diesels but the layout still looked great. I was surprised to hear the owner has put it up for sale. Oh for a lottery win! 

Steve.

• RMweb Gold

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/128305-shoeburyness-model-and-hobbies-show/

Put a couple of photos of the layout on this thread as the layout was at the Shoeburyness show. Sadly no green diesels but the layout still looked great. I was surprised to hear the owner has put it up for sale. Oh for a lottery win! 

Steve.

Thanks for the photos Steve.

He hasn't kept the layout for long then ....

Hi Mudmagnet, I've just been reading through the thread again to give myself a bit of inspiration and I notice you mentioned using Gorden Gravett methods for the scenery. Which of his books do you have? I'd like to put one on my xmas list.

Steve.

• RMweb Gold

Hi Steve

There are several books, but the three relating to scenics are.

Modelling Trees part one - Broadleaf trees

Modelling Trees part two - Conifers (covers all sorts of subjects tree related)

Modelling Grassland and Landscape Detailing (featuring weeds and wild flowers, hedges, roads and pavements & mud, puddles and rivers)

All published by Wild Swan.

Recommend Titfield Thunderbolt Bookshop (no connection, just happy customer).

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
  • RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, bodgithoover said:

So as the custodian (Not the owner) of this layout, I have some updates if anyone is interested.

I had wondered what had happened to the layout. I sold it a couple of years ago after building and exhibiting for a few years and had heard that had been sold on again.

Hi I'm not sure how many owners down from you it is, my friend owns it now and has lent it to me to run my stock on and get back into the hobby again, without having to build an initial layout, just to see if I really want to get into modeling again, I have made some changes to the layout and extended it about 30cm. Will post some pics later.

• Like 2