Dallam Sidings (Warrington) - N Gauge WCML 2001 Macclesfield Show 20th&21st April 2024

87023Velocity

Afternoon,

Last 2 boards have been set up this morning and again all appears to be ok.

Bit more stock placed on.

67030 approaches the crossovers to allow access to the Royal Mail Terminal.

post-6834-0-59771300-1497181212_thumb.jpg

A short time later 90028 accelerates after joining the Up Fast following its departure from Warrington RMT.

post-6834-0-76190900-1497181299_thumb.jpg

Cheers

Simon

Edited by 87023Velocity
  • Like 11

Managed to connect up the electrics earlier and switch the power on and it works.

67030 speeds South whilst a FNW service heads North on the slow line.

All tracks will need a wipe over though in the near future.

Cheers

Simon

• Like 10

Thanks for all the comments and likes everyone. Now the layout is set up I could finally test the C=Rail Cawood's Coal wagon kits. So far 15 have been built and just need finishing off then weathering.

The testing so far has been successful with approximately 15 circuits of the layout with no derailments, the 56 is a little noisy but this should settle down once run in.

Just need another 10 or so!

Cheers

Simon

Edited by 87023Velocity
  • Like 15

Now the layout is set up, work can start on items which ended up being left due to time constraints to get ready for the Wigan show. No signals have been fitted yet although a start had been made on this gantry below but never progressed further.

post-6834-0-43487900-1497302784_thumb.jpg

Another signal gantry which will require building is this one(taken whilst on the 40145 mini tour on Friday).

post-6834-0-38634200-1497302841_thumb.png

So need to look at picking some brass up and suitable signal heads including the route indicators.

Had another quick running session, here we see the Empty Cawood coal being overtaken by a class 67 Mail service followed by an empty MGR service heading North probably to Gladstone dock.

Cheers

Simon

• Like 11

• RMweb Premium

Thanks for all the comments and likes everyone. Now the layout is set up I could finally test the C=Rail Cawood's Coal wagon kits. So far 15 have been built and just need finishing off then weathering.

The testing so far has been successful with approximately 15 circuits of the layout with no derailments, the 56 is a little noisy but this should settle down once run in.

https://youtu.be/xh6cODIQyp0

Just need another 10 or so!

Look good! There's a load on eBay at the moment, here. Not looked too closely at the quality of them, but could be a quick way to get some more!

Look good! There's a load on eBay at the moment, here. Not looked too closely at the quality of them, but could be a quick way to get some more!

Thanks for the heads up, may be worth a punt if price is right as could use the painted containers, use the wheels for some future Salmon wagons, scrap the chassis and buy some new chassis from C=Rail to fit the containers too.

Cheers

Simon

Looking good Simon. Really loving the Grid on Cawoods coal wagons, superb!

I always fancied modelling those but the thought of purchasing and building 30 odd wagons.......

21225940639_36c3621aac_z.jpgThe Cawoods At Burton Salmon (Michael McNicholas) by neilh156, on Flickr

Nice picture, I am not tempted to back date, I am not tempted to back date.......... :nono: I am tempted to back date..... xD

Cheers

Simon

Edited by 87023Velocity

I can see why and fully understand that you are not tempted to back date Dallam. No reason to or temptation:

6775313159_b4ee28c8b8_z.jpgWarrington by Kerry Parker, on Flickr

8373092823_2619ce18f9_z.jpgA Nice Pair by Paul Bettany, on Flickr

16333672444_7c960211e1_z.jpgInter City Mainline At Winwick. by neilh156, on Flickr

7757225448_3e26f8860c_z.jpgClass 56 by Valiantoz, on Flickr

8343171476_b20f7eefeb_z.jpgRavenscraig Steel At Winwick. by neilh156, on Flickr

Nothing to see here.....

Yeah right! :stinker: :D

• Like 7

I can see why and fully understand that you are not tempted to back date Dallam. No reason to or temptation:

6775313159_b4ee28c8b8_z.jpgWarrington by Kerry Parker, on Flickr

8373092823_2619ce18f9_z.jpgA Nice Pair by Paul Bettany, on Flickr

16333672444_7c960211e1_z.jpgInter City Mainline At Winwick. by neilh156, on Flickr

7757225448_3e26f8860c_z.jpgClass 56 by Valiantoz, on Flickr

8343171476_b20f7eefeb_z.jpgRavenscraig Steel At Winwick. by neilh156, on Flickr

Nothing to see here.....

Yeah right! :stinker: :D

Brilliant! And such a tease!! I could certainly supply the Intercity 86's and matching stock for a fun late 80's early 90's running session!

Best regards,

Jeremy

• Like 1

I seem to be having difficulty viewing posts #841 and #842 or certainly the content within.... all the pictures look out of focus....... :jester:

I have to admit the pair of  37's on the steel working would look pretty smart rounding the curve near the sidings. I remember quite well watching these back in the day stood on Wigan North Western station.

Cheers

Simon

• Like 2

I seem to be having difficulty viewing posts #841 and #842 or certainly the content within.... all the pictures look out of focus....... :jester:

I have to admit the pair of  37's on the steel working would look pretty smart rounding the curve near the sidings. I remember quite well watching these back in the day stood on Wigan North Western station.

Cheers

Simon

That old chestnut eh?!!!

Not just a pair of 37s, pair of choppers, a Large Logo Grid, a 60.........you know you want to really?!!

• Like 2

Ha ha, I will be having a Coal liveried 60 and tempted to change the Construction 56 to Coal as 56134 which was still in that livery in 2001 and still named. Will be ordering some Sector liveried 37's from Hattons in the bargain section but they will be getting changed to Transrail and one maybe going into Loadhaul livery.

Cheers

Simon

Edited by 87023Velocity

Thought I would check some more stock over since its all been stored since October. Unfortunately a few items have received bits of damage on the way back from the show. I think I know how it happened so need to be more careful in future. Below is my RES 86 which has seen one of its plastic buffers snapped off. Will need to look at getting some replacement brass versions.

post-6834-0-78685000-1497647483_thumb.jpg

Had the Dapol Mk3 Push pull rake out for testing, a few of the coupling mechanisms on these had also been pushed out of alignment but were easily sorted.

Here we see 67030 head North on a rake of vans. A Euston bound service heads South with EWS hired in 90028 pushing on the rear. Soon afterwards a FNW class 150 heads North to Manchester on the bi-directional slow line, replacing the booked 175.

Cheers

Simon

• Like 13

• RMweb Gold

The Dapol mk3 coupling system tends to get dislodged when removing and putting the coaches back into storage boxes and even home made storage trays. This has occured quite regularly with my stock for Banbury and if not noticed when setting up we soon find out when running them.

I have now modified my card storage trays with small bits of foam holding the coach at the corridor connection  keeping the couplings clear from the end of the storage slot and making cut outs in the card slot so the coach can be picked up in the middle rather than at the ends. This has reduced the coupling issue a lot although not completely.

Edited by roundhouse
  • Like 1