Minsterley - Modern Image OHLE Layout

Doughnut

Cheers chaps...yes very pleased...the best thing about it is bringing another loco into action...its like getting a new prezzy every time. Just got the lower track and ramp cleaned and working tonight, so I can put together trains ready for the off and programme locos now, in the fiddleyard.

Dave

• Like 3

Been following your topic for ages. Great to see trains running, bet it feels very satisfying after all the hard work. Have to say your layout and scenery is amazing one of the best layouts on here. Really good photos they all look like photos of real railways.

Keep up the good work

I too have watched your progress with amazement and awe. Can't wait to see what 3rd railers you bring to the party?

Well in the 3rd rail department I have 2x 466's, a 4 CEP,416, MLV, and of course the 319, which is dual voltage. I think some of the 350's at one time were juice rail units, well dual anyway. Oh and a Eurostar. If Bachmann ever did the 444's or 450's or any other emu's I'd have one.

Dave

• Like 1

Many thanks chaps. Still one or two things to do. Main thing is the moving of the signal gantry in Minsterley Station. Thought Id positioned it right first time, but the 9-car Pendolino tells me differently.

bummer.....hopefully it is plenty sturdy enough for a replacing (oooh that is the right idea but sounds wrong) anyway...hopefully once you adjust it and touch it up....it will be the complete business.....

More locos coming on-stream this evening. Ariva 158, and X-country Voyager..see pics below. Got my DRS 66 up and running too. Next up, Class 350 Desiro, but it needs a bit of re-wiring first, so might be the Chiltern 168.

Dave

Lovely set of prototype photos Dave. Any chance you could post some photos of the layout......err... or were those photos of the layout??!!!?? Looking superb mate!

Edited by cornish trains jez

Incredible modelling and photography to best bring it out. Mant a good model is spoiled by bad photography but yours oozes atmosphere. Big thumbs up here!

Edited by RBE

Many thanks for the kind comments chaps. No progress tonight...heavy day at work and Im 'cream crackered' (picture number 4 might give you a clue), but hope to get things moving again tommorow night.

Dave

Edited by Doughnut
  • Like 3

Many thanks for the kind comments chaps. No progress tonight...heavy day at work and Im 'cream crackered' (picture number 4 might give you a clue), but hope to get things moving again tommorow night.

Dave

The caption for that photo surely must be "waken up and hold the B****y pole vertical" :angry:

Great stuff as usuall Dave.

Jim