RMweb

Minsterley - Modern Image OHLE Layout

Doughnut

Thankyou chaps. Some more pics tonight ...mainly for our  Southern bretheren...trying out the new camera too. Not sure if I prefer the pics from my old camera or this new fangled thing?? The colours are vivid, so hope it doesnt make it too 'toylike'?  But then again the FCC livery is quite vivid, so it might be that? Would appreciate any input on this. This is the first one without sound, as nobody does a 319 sound file.....at least I havent seen one. 

Dave

post-863-0-41908400-1417206643_thumb.jpg

post-863-0-30853300-1417206698_thumb.jpg

post-863-0-71471600-1417206734_thumb.jpg

post-863-0-75903400-1417206763_thumb.jpg

post-863-0-53998000-1417206808_thumb.jpg

post-863-0-07474000-1417206838_thumb.jpg

post-863-0-07747600-1417206869_thumb.jpg

post-863-0-97095500-1417206906_thumb.jpg

post-863-0-97945100-1417206950_thumb.jpg

post-863-0-95253200-1417206977_thumb.jpg

• Like 14

Thanks Tase. As for infrastructure trains , I have some  of the NR IOA and JNA wagons and the Sea cow type. Would love one of the Dapol NR side tippling sets, but not until they come down below £100, if that happens. I know the Railtrack ones have. If they ever make NR yellow version of the Autoballaster, Id have some of those too.

Dave

• Like 1

What camera do you have Dave? If its an SLR you will gwt better results depth of field wise if you can get it on a tripod and set the aperture to the largest F number you can. The camera should automatically take a very long exposure to counter the smaller aperture but it will get your whole pic in focus rather than the narrow depth of field you have on some of those. DOF is a dead givaway for models. I like the colour levels though.

Thanks all......RBE...yes,its a digital SLR...Cannon 650..I think....and I have it on a tripod. You sound like you know your way around an SLR, RBE....so I'll take note of your instructions!! The other pics were shot with an old cheap Samsung AF point and shoot......I have the lense set to MF rather than AF on the SLR, so I'll see if I can set the F number to the highest setting....although I dont know how..I'll have a go! This is the camera that I'll be doing videos with...so hope I can get to grips with it.

Dave

Thankyou chaps. Some more pics tonight ...mainly for our  Southern bretheren...trying out the new camera too. Not sure if I prefer the pics from my old camera or this new fangled thing?? The colours are vivid, so hope it doesnt make it too 'toylike'?  But then again the FCC livery is quite vivid, so it might be that? Would appreciate any input on this. This is the first one without sound, as nobody does a 319 sound file.....at least I havent seen one. 

Dave

Maybe, due to your whole layout, being "toned down/weathered"  and FCC is, straight out of the box ?

Thanks IMS...yes going to have a longish session on it today and try out the camera tips mentioned by RBE further up the thread. Still got to get round to re-bogeying the Pendo...yet again...and the Eurostar. Got a couple of original motor bogies for the Pendo, which, when Ive got rid of the rubber tyred wheels, should give something more like a good speed and similar for the Eurostar..using Warship motor bogies for that; which is what I have in the 91.

Dave

Thanks IMS...yes going to have a longish session on it today and try out the camera tips mentioned by RBE further up the thread. Still got to get round to re-bogeying the Pendo...yet again...and the Eurostar. Got a couple of original motor bogies for the Pendo, which, when Ive got rid of the rubber tyred wheels, should give something more like a good speed and similar for the Eurostar..using Warship motor bogies for that; which is what I have in the 91.

Dave

Full length ???

Not quite...2 coaches short...but all coaches are articulated, including the buffet. Pendo full length though.

Dave

Must have been a kit built one ?

I have a number of articulated,coaches.......will count them up........

also purchased yesterday,,Gatwick MLV, brass etches,to use,with a donor coach.