Prototype for everything corner.

That is excellent, thanks. I had never realised that until today, but a great bit of resourcefulness from the staff at the time.

I don't remember the details of that incident before.

Looking at the photos from Luxulyan the fleet of cars look like BR staff vehicles,

cheers 

• RMweb Premium

Wife found one for sale last night, 1967,42k on the clock, only £2000

There's an Austin 1300 tucked away in a garage which we're going to have to dispose of sometime fairly soon. Dad gone into a nursing home so in the process of sorting the place out prior to selling. The car was kept in near showroom condition when he was using it but hasn't moved for years. Brakes are seized on. Engine last run about 12 months ago.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, Good Evening,

Here's a great 'money saving idea' for when you've really bu**ered your stop blocks - just use what's left of them and hey presto, good as new :

post-7088-0-76906600-1455912204_thumb.jpg

post-7088-0-20000700-1455912139_thumb.jpg

post-7088-0-16551400-1455912341_thumb.jpg

post-7088-0-90107000-1455912305_thumb.jpg

post-7088-0-09780600-1455912444_thumb.jpg

Nothing at all wrong with shunting a 2,000t freight train towards what's left of them, just so long as they don't actually meet with any kind of impact !

A jar of genuine Kent 'fresh air' will go to the first person to correctly guess the location of these stops.

(Please note the value of this prize is in the region of £80 per bottle !.....allegedly :no: )

Kindest Regards,

Shed.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Christmas 1990 before the wires north of York were energised 91s worked at least 2 shopper specials to king's Cross. They were blunt end first on blue and grey mk1s which were mainly SKs. I think this was the last time I travelled in compartment stock on a service train.

I've seen very few pictures of these workings

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

On the Tin Bath railtour recently, we passed through several cuttings where roll of large wire mesh had been fastened to the top of the cutting and unrolled down. Looked like they were just waiting for someone to come along and apply some plaster bandage. Would need a very large static grass machine to finish it.

• RMweb Premium

Watched some TeleRail videos on YouTube last night.

c1992 a grey 33/1 on a DEMU replacement train of 2x mk2 BFK in NSE

also a grey or dutch 33/1 on a Waterloo - Exeter service of 8 NSE mk2s - 2 BFK, 5 FK and only one TSO!

Actually there are lots of clips from mid 80s - early 90s and on most of them they seemed to catch a lot of odd workings, although maybe it was simply the case that there were a lot of odd workings going on!

ARC 59 with 2x emu sets in NSE livery? Was this anything to do with Chris Green and the Fen Steam events between Bishops Stortford-Kings Lynn? I do recall dmu and emu sets being locohauled by steam, and I think there were odd diesels around too, possibly a railtour to Kings Lynn?

Stewart

ARC 59 with 2x emu sets in NSE livery? Was this anything to do with Chris Green and the Fen Steam events between Bishops Stortford-Kings Lynn? I do recall dmu and emu sets being locohauled by steam, and I think there were odd diesels around too, possibly a railtour to Kings Lynn?

Stewart

Er.... right.

Now I am going to have to throw in the towel with this one.

attachicon.gifScan-160225-0013.jpg

On first sight, I assumed the EMUs were heading for scrap in South Wales (Gwent Demolition?)

Er.... right.

Now I am going to have to throw in the towel with this one.

attachicon.gifScan-160225-0013.jpg

Is it this working on 14/9/91, 59104 to Kings Lynn?

https://www.flickr.com/photos/peteryoungrailwayphotos/8757227570/in/photolist-85mZe8-ekKj3g-ekR5Ef-9AwYDE-aJDWqV-aJDYut-aJDY9V-aJDXGc

I have to thank Stewart for suggesting Kings Lynn as a search term, otherwise I would have been completely lost.

cheers

Edited by Rivercider

Is it this working on 14/9/91, 59104 to Kings Lynn?

https://www.flickr.com/photos/peteryoungrailwayphotos/8757227570/in/photolist-85mZe8-ekKj3g-ekR5Ef-9AwYDE-aJDWqV-aJDYut-aJDY9V-aJDXGc

I have to thank Stewart for suggesting Kings Lynn as a search term, otherwise I would have been completely lost.

cheers

Excellent work everyone. Thanks very much.

Initially I had also thought it was EMUs for scrap, that is until I saw the heads leaning out of some of the windows.

They certainly were steam hauled, as there was very little loco-hauled stock available in the Cambridge area for the Fen Steam weekends. I was driving to Kings Lynn for the event, when I got stopped at the LC at Downham Market, and saw one go through. I thought how odd it looked.

Stewart