Fryers Lane - Speedlink in the '80s (P4)

Mark Forrest

• RMweb Premium

Moving swiftly on, currently enjoying my first ever class 67 haulage from Chester to Llandudno Junc (having been delayed and missing my earlier train do to an incident at Norton Bridge).

Having crossed the border I can confirm it is raining...

• RMweb Premium

Good luck Mark, shame you're not doing it in the daytime, there's a train goes up there and the views are said to be spectacular...

Probably not so easy to fall over all those loose rocks someone left laying around.

• RMweb Premium

All done, back at base camp (a hotel in Llanberis) awaiting serving of a hearty breakfast at 5am.

Thanks again to all those who sponsored me, thanks for the encouragement. Didn't break any records, but I'm happy with 4.5 hours there and back in the dark and freezing rain!

• Like 5

• RMweb Premium

Congratulations, hope you enjoy, sorry, enjoyed that breakfast. How are on your feet this morning?

I think he's not listening Paul. I bet the big girls blouse is having a sleep. Should be getting himself home and making a start on correcting all his Class 25s (as per the latest MRJ)....

• RMweb Premium

Sipping tea on Llandudno Junction at the moment. Feet not too bad, if a little damp so the training was worthwhile. Lower back - not so good and worse still to come as I have endure Voyager seating between here and Crewe.

• RMweb Premium

Sipping tea on Llandudno Junction at the moment. Feet not too bad, if a little damp so the training was worthwhile. Lower back - not so good and worse still to come as I have endure Voyager seating between here and Crewe.

Live the dream Mark, live the dream.

Well Done Mark, good to hear that you finished in not too much pain.

if there was sponsorship just for eating the hearty breakfast I could raise millions......

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

With BCB's trip to Railex over I can return my focus to Fryers Lane as the September deadline to have it fully operational (although probably not finished) approaches. Fortunately Railex has boosted my enthusiasm and I bought the 0.4mm square nickel silver wire I need for the point rodding and a Penbits sprung bogie kit for one of my Bachmann 37s. I might even get some modeling done today, especially if it rains and I can avoid cutting the lawn.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

It's been a while, but still working away on the layout, in-between other distractions.

A bit more testing with the class 20 this evening.  Running it through the points with a bogie sideframe removed seems quite a good way of spotting anything which isn't quite right; I found a short section which wasn't quite to gauge and is also missing a check rail; so that is now top priority to fix.

post-6677-0-47812900-1433715590_thumb.jpg

post-6677-0-14478600-1433715593_thumb.jpg

• Like 7