DJM wish list thread

DJM Dave

hmm, 71/74 done, 92 doing, 86/87 skipped for valid reasons, 85(81-84 probably not worth touching either)/90 not worth touching due to Bachmann, EM1/2 done. What electrics are left to do? 89? prototypes (probably too small numbers to be viable?)?

Perhaps currently unavailable stock to go with the 92?

3rd rail/25Kv emus probably risky due to costs?

Hi Kelly,

I have a few 'close to the chest' ideas that people might like, but in all honesty, I'm going to get product out, get rid of the back log first, then surprise everyone.

Having said that there might be 1 or 2 surprising commissions announced along the way though.

Cheers

Dave

• Like 6

Hi Kelly,

I have a few 'close to the chest' ideas that people might like, but in all honesty, I'm going to get product out, get rid of the back log first, then surprise everyone.

Having said that there might be 1 or 2 surprising commissions announced along the way though.

Cheers

Dave

That makes perfect sense. You do seem to have a lot on your plate project wise both from yourself and commissions. Will look forward to your surprises with interest :)

• 3 months later...

Anything but yet another bloody pacific! Yes they're big and impressive but look frankly ridiculous on the average layout where your prototypical 12 coach train won't fit. The only pacific which doesn't look daft is a Bulleid with one or two on on the Withered Arm.

Anything but yet another bloody pacific! Yes they're big and impressive but look frankly ridiculous on the average layout where your prototypical 12 coach train won't fit. The only pacific which doesn't look daft is a Bulleid with one or two on on the Withered Arm.

...or A1s and A2s pulling 5 coaches regularly on the Waverley route, or A3s and A4s hauling fitted freight or car trains.....

There are plenty of examples of pacifics reduced to 'secondary' duties in their twilight years.

I agree though that more tank locos, 0-6-0 and 4-4-0 locos would be useful for the 'average' sized layout.

For example, BR Standard 2MT, Ivatt 4MT, J35, J36, J37, D30, D49/2

Cheers

Dave

Edited by DaveArkley
  • Like 2

• 5 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

I'm told that the biggest single section of the market is devoted to BR (WR) steam/diesel transition layouts, and am hence amazed than nobody has yet produced a Swindon 3 car Cross Country dmu, class 120 in TOPS.  It sounds like a no-brainer to me.  Once the tooling for the 64foot underframes and the the cabs is in place the Scottish Intercity and 4-character headcode versions should be possible as well.  Reckon a WR Inter-City, TOPS 123, would sell as well and might be produceable as a Clacton electric.  The 120 was widespread around the country in it's later years, and should sell like hot cakes.  A TOPS class 116 dmu would be another safe bet, widespread, long lived, and convertable to 117, the 4-car BedPan versions, and possibly some emus as well.

A decent GW 2721 to replace Hornby's toy would be nice as well.

On a personal and highly unrealistic level, please can I have a Diagram L GW auto trailer, the most common type produced and widely spread around the region, and carried every livery from 1906 to 1956.  Also appeared with several types of bogies, so you could keep re-introducing new versions every so often.  And an A9.  And an A44.  And...

It's a wish list, who said I had to be reasonable!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I know it might be a bit to ask Dave, as you already have quite the backlog, but could you possibly do a new GWR Autocoach. Not to the hawksworth design like Bachmann, but the earlier version of the Autocoach (sorry I'm not sure of the name), To the same design as the old Hornby one but to the same standard as the Hawksworth Bachmann one. It would compliment your recently released 14xx, (BTW I have one on order ;) but it would go with the GWR liveried 14/48/58xx's, where as you can leave the Bachmann ones for your BR- liveried 14xx's. I have suggestions for 2 possible liverys, but you would be sure to find more :)

GWR chocolate & cream

GWR Wartime plain chocolate (it was a real livery, and it would compliment your wartime black 48xx superbly)

Thanks for reading,

Brad

I know it might be a bit to ask Dave, as you already have quite the backlog, but could you possibly do a new GWR Autocoach. Not to the hawksworth design like Bachmann, but the earlier version of the Autocoach (sorry I'm not sure of the name), To the same design as the old Hornby one but to the same standard as the Hawksworth Bachmann one. It would compliment your recently released 14xx, (BTW I have one on order ;) but it would go with the GWR liveried 14/48/58xx's, where as you can leave the Bachmann ones for your BR- liveried 14xx's. I have suggestions for 2 possible liverys, but you would be sure to find more :)

GWR chocolate & cream

GWR Wartime plain chocolate (it was a real livery, and it would compliment your wartime black 48xx superbly)

Thanks for reading,

Brad

He sort of is doing one, but in steam railmotor guise for Kernow, but I agree a good model autocoach for per nationalisation would go with the 14xx or Bachmann 64xx

He sort of is doing one, but in steam railmotor guise for Kernow, but I agree a good model autocoach for per nationalisation would go with the 14xx or Bachmann 64xx

Yeh, as my layout is set in 1940, I cannot have the Hawksworth Autocoach, and the Hornby/Dapol/Airfix one hasn't been avalible fro quite some time... I'm trying not to delve into the secondhand market if possible, as I've had bad experiences with it.

Cheers for replying, I'd thought I'd be the only one to like this idea xD

Brad.

• Like 1

I've only had gooo experiences of secondhand so far.

Hornby do have the old Airfix auto coach in this years cralogue

This is what happens when you try and post on an iPhone, in a dark cinema without your glasses on.

Mind, this isn't the original version either, i did spot one spicy autocorrect through my blurred vision that I did fix but still managed the above drivel.

Should read:

"I've only had good experiences of secondhand so far.

Hornby do have the old Airfix autocoach in this year's catalogue."

• 2 months later...

Class 21/29 (if Dapol pull out again) .... Class 41 (if Dapol pull out again) .... Class 58 (if Dapol aren't doing any more) .... 

Joking aside .... Class 70 (the original Southern one) .... 6701 "Tommy" .... Classes 81 to 84 .... GT3. 

Probably no profit in any of those though :(