Troutons

enginelane

Due to the un availability of the booked speaker Monday 24th Feb will see Enginelane and Hammer73 talking to members of the WRMS on how some of the wagons and locos have been produced for use on Troutons. 7.45 The Clubroom off Garden Street Wakefield

Booked speaker has returned so Enginelane and Hammer73 booked for Monday 24th March, same time same place

• RMweb Premium

Booked speaker has returned so Enginelane and Hammer73 booked for Monday 24th March, same time same place

And said speaker gave an excellent talk about the Western Maryland Railway in both prototype and model form.

Jamie

Hi there,

The BTA looks good. What dimensions did you use for the added fixed stanchions for the pipes? Did you have or prepare any drawings? I fancy a crack at this.

Cheers

Ben A.

I used Gareth Bayer images off the web to work out where to place the stanchions using the various pieces of iron work on the sole bar as a guide. The height of the stanchion I found somewhere on the web and 7' looks about right. The stanchions are 80 x 80 thou strip with 100 x 100 thou strip as the main bolster. I think the side rail was 20 x 20 thou strip.

I kept the existing end pieces and drilled out the 5 bolts to form the holes

Hope this help

Not likely be much time for modelling today as Meadowhell beckons and new glasses time. Since the wagon is supposed to represent working to a repair works for overall then will have tatty bits of securing tape and packing pieces on board so painted up some basswood strip and masking tape as a first trial

post-9435-0-17163900-1393754228_thumb.jpg

• Like 2